SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. If anyone and everyone who wanted to stick their mitts in your mailbox were allowed to do so, you'd be pissed. I want my mailbox to be official mail only. No ifs, ands, or buts. Without that federal law there is no way to enforce anybody from putting things in, or taking things out, of your mailbox.
  3. We are going to make an announcement during the safety briefing and try to set up carpooling from the range to the banquet, so campers do not need to break camp Saturday night to attend the banquet. I will be able to personally take 4 with me if needed.
  4. By law you are not to put anything on electric poles.... But look how many are covered with signs to find a missing dog, graduation party with an arrow, garage sales, e t c........
  5. Only the 2 six shot versions are SASS legal. That the .357 and the 327. Rest of the FA's are 5 shot. http://www.freedomarms.com/firearms/m97pr/index.html YES-they are ready to run out of the box IMHO. OLG
  6. I agree but will add, I use Windex with vinegar. This is the clear general purpose stuff. It is basically water and alcohol with some soap and a small amount of vinegar. The vinegar being acidic help neutralize the salts. Here is my routine; I am from and lived in SE Texas not far from the Gulf and with the humidity here I can watch thing rust. I shot BP almost exclusively for CAS and one of my guns is an original 92 made in 1895. At the range, I use a 10 to 1 mix of Balistol and water in a spray bottle to keep thing loose in all my guns and when I`m through for the day I spray them all inside and out one last time because sometimes I don`t get around to cleaning for several days. All this does is keep the fouling loose and oily until I can clean the guns. When it`s time to clean I use two primary products that are readily available. I use Windex Multi-Surface Cleaner with Vinegar. This is the clear Windex but regular Windex will work if you add some vinegar. (about 2 table spoons in the standard size bottle) then I mix the bottle of windex with water half and half. The vinegar is important because it is slightly acidic and helps neutralize the salts in the BP. I have tried some of the other methods that don't use the neutralizing agent such as vinegar and the do OK for short term storeage but eventually the left-over salts will cause rust. The next product that I use is Albany brand Brake Cleaner available from AutoZone. (it's now their house brand) This stuff is the same as BC Gunscrub but alot cheaper. For a 92 rifle, take the buttstock off and you will want to remove the magazine plug, the mag spring and follower. With the Windex, spray inside and out working the action, use a rod and brush in the barrel and mag tube. Use the the windex to wash everything out working the action till it runs clear. I have a sink in my shop and to speed thing up, I run hot water through it, too. This helps dry the gun faster. The next step is spray it out until it runs clear with the Auto Zone brand Brake parts cleaner. This will displace any left over water but it will also completely dry the gun of all the oils so you will need to oil it. For gun oils I don't have a preference other than it should be a spray type oil. This is the best way to insure that the oil gets down in all the right places. I use WD-40 or Rem Oil. Some like to use Balistol. Spray it down dripping, stand it on it`s muzzle and let it drain overnight, wipe it down, put it back together and your done. This sounds like a lot of work, but because I do this on a regular bases, I have an area in my shop just for this and it only takes me about 30 minute to clean two or three pistols, and one or two shotguns and rifles.
  7. No wonder I'm a bit confused. I looked at a website again today (RuralKing.com if you're interested), put my glasses on and started to look more closely at the photos of the "Range Mil-Spec" #PB9108L and the "Mil-Spec Parkerized" #PB9108LP to see if I could notice any difference. Well, not only did I not see any difference, I noticed the serial numbers were the same. So, I don't even know which model they had pictured for the two different ads. Oh, and this was after I went to the local RK to see them in person. They didn't have either model in stock. Geez, things like this really take the fun out of buying, or trying to buy, a gun. Angus
  8. Me, too. Of course, I learned to read warning and operational signs on Japanese sports cars.
  9. I just had a vision. Get you a six inch hoagie roll and split it about ⅔, maybe ¾ through. Warm up some sketti sauce. Put about five meatballs on a plate and nuke 'em for a minute or so. Butter the inside of the roll with garlic butter. Stick the meatballs in the roll and cover with moozarella cheese. Stick in the toaster oven for a few minutes, to melt the cheese down on the meatballs. Pour some of the heated sauce on top of the cheese, sprinkle with grated Parmesan, and back in the still-hot toaster oven for about a minute. I'm hungry.
  10. THIS ^^^^^ is the best thing you will ever buy for a MEC shotshell loader. I have a MEX 600jr and an old 76 Series Sizemaster. Both have the adjustable charge bar. Best peice of additional advice I can give is to not reload AA hulls. Reload Remington Gun Clubs or Remington STS hulls.
  11. He also can remove the round through the loading gate at the loading table!
  12. Today
  13. https://www.amazon.com/Chore-Boy-Golden-Scrubbing-2-Units/dp/B07482NH1V/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=chore+boy&qid=1571779516&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A2SZ1SUT04XLWW&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFOTTJKSldaNkdLRDImZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTEwMTcwMThQUlk2WFRZMkowV1UmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDYxMDc3NDJFSkhRMzRCWkdFVjgmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl https://www.amazon.com/Cerama-Bryte-Ceramic-Cooktop-Cleaning/dp/B00I2V5MSY/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=cerama&qid=1571779565&sr=8-14
  14. And 200 years in the future if somebody finds a cache of AR 15s nobody's going to care because everyone's carrying laser guns and light sabers.
  15. They required Zero fitting... they fit like a Glove............ and not OJ's I dont have any Gunfighters any longer to take pics of... I'm sure there are several online if you do a search for
  16. Problem was.....hadn't had my ice cream yet today. I fixed that problem.
  17. Maxpa Max P, need ride Sat night, not towing a car. Will be dry camping near you in slot #1, leaving Wednesday morning. Major Bill
  18. People say the universe is made up of protons, neutrons and electrons. Apparently they forgot about morons.
  19. Can you post a picture show'n the difference between the Eagle GF's and these new grips? OLG
  20. I use 14 grn. of Clays or Clay-Dot in an STS hull with grey Claybuster wad and 7/8 oz. of #8 shot. The new AA hulls suck! Using either a MEC 600jr. or lately my Mec grabber. I always seem to spill some powder & shot with the grabber, but I like the last station that forms the crimped end to a little bit of a rounder end if you will than the 600. When chronoed out of my Stoeger coach gun I'm getting 960-1000 FPS, right about the same as AA feather lights. Can't go wrong with a 600 jr. and you can usually find them inexpensively to boot. It does a much better job than the Lee Load-All in my opinion.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.