SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I had a batch of "bad primers" several years ago. I took several of bad rounds home and took them apart. The primers had already been fired. That means that my 650 almost punched the spent primer out, removing the firing pin dimple, and then reseated the the spent primer. I solved this problem by getting a Lee universal decrimping die. (About $20.00) Now I deprime all my cases before cleaning. That way, I know there are no spent primers in the cases. I have not had any "bad primers" since I started this procedure. Pull apart your bad round and see if the primer had been fired.
  3. Who made the primers? Pistol you are using? Light springs? It is not always the primer could be a gun malfunction? More details would be helpful to provide the best advice.
  4. Me too, and they were Federals!! I had 3 that didn’t go off Saturday! Grrrrr……..
  5. They accidentally delivered pineapple pizza to my cousin Louie. They never found the delivery driver and the pizza place closed two days later!
  6. I believe my comprehension is just fine. Everybody isn’t the same. We all hear or read the same thing, but some end up understanding the stage differently. Case in point, we are now having a long discussion about this particular stage. No real need to get snarky…….. Have a Blessed day…. Sam Sackett
  7. I am very glad you were able to help stop that silliness. Nothing good would have come from allowing that.
  8. The idea of reducing springs without spares seemed like a bad idea. I called the CZ customer service number, spoke to a nice lady who said she would put springs in the mail no charge. What came in the mail was more than expected, not just springs , two complete locks. I was shocked! Big ups to CZ for great service
  9. Congratulations Forty Rod. That’s some cool information. I was avidly searching on Ancestry and all kinds of internet treasure troves looking for info on everyone in my family tree. I had my Dad’s side tracked back to the 1730’s and my Mom’s side back to 1717. I was telling one of my sisters about this when she says “Did you know that Mom’s father was not her real father, her birth father?” I thought maybe she was just messing with me then she added “Call Aunt Helen. She’ll tell you about it.” So I did. Here I am, 60 years old, just then learning that my Mom’s real father was a neighbor boy my grandma fooled around with at age 16. This pretty much took the wind out of my sails regarding researching my family’s history. I lost interest. I spent lots of hours and lots of money on this project. I may take up the task again this year but my enthusiasm about it just isn’t what it once was.
  10. Today
  11. Blackwater and I are heading to KY State early on Thursday morning so if you dont hear from us for a few days its OK Imis
  12. “Lawn of your dreams” Do not buy a house in a neighborhood that has one house with a “dream lawn” when everyone else just has a lawn. The person with the dream lawn is usually a real and true pain in the a**. Especially if the prevailing winds send your dandelion seeds his way. It irks them. Then that irks you. Then harsh words are spoken. Threats are made on one side while promises are made on the other. Fantasies of leaving messages in the grass using “Kill All” or gasoline dance in one’s dreams. It’s a vicious annual circle. Things just don’t go well. Avoid those neighborhoods if at all possible.
  13. Been having some bad primers lately; do the go-around once, twice and still no bang. Sucks the primers have gone up so much and I'm getting more bad ones than I ever had. So, it occurred to me, what if I knew I'm having this problem, do the once-around then open the gate, pull one off my belt and fire to complete the pistol string. Would I be correct in calling a malfunction and laying the pistol down and proceeding; even though I've completed the pistols correctly? Think I know, just wanna get some feedback. Thanks. RM
  14. How can you mandate a hit? "Each target must be HIT with at least one round." This directly gives a P for a miss. Are you directing the shooter to reload on the clock in order to make a hit and avoid a P? There are many ways this can be engaged, as have been stated and yes, I said "engaged". In the OP, the shooter ENGAGED the targets per the stage instructions and missed one of them; started and ended on P3... MISS and no P.
  15. Blue Ribbon-was32 years old when he died. APHA Versatility Award #126.
  16. ill admit - i dont like fruit on my pizza , ill also admit my dog would be delighted , i hope yourwife feels better and i feel bad i didnt say so in my first post ,
  17. dont speak of the ausie side of my family often as it goes back a few generations and i personally dont know a lot of them but my folks visited before the died , it was my great great grandfather and his brother that parted ways from scotland - my side migrated to canada and then south to arkansas - then back north much later the other side went to austrailia - im not at all familiar with them byt my mother researched - saught out and my foljks visited them back in the 70s - id like to do that but imnot sure that will ever happen ,
  18. i love holding my 1915 BSA mkIII with its fixed 1910 mole hookie , there is something about grasping a bit of history even if only in your mind and only for an instant of thought , for those of you that dont know thats an early british SMLE enfeild rifle still wearing its early design features and a rare early P1907 bayonet , one of many combinations ive owned over the years , this primary example i still own - rest are trainers OH , and this one is marked to the 3MD which indicates service in both world wars and my ausie folks will understand
  19. that works too , except the first is a war expedient the second is a fun ne
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.