SASS Wire Forum

Choice Ammunition

Blackhawk Kid

Anyone used any Choice Ammunition loads? What do you think of them? Just was given a couple of boxes of there Cowboy Choice ammo (45 colt 250gr). Never tried them before but was surprised vel. Is listed as 440 fps. so there definitely on the light side so should be good in conversion cylinders. 

At End of Trail, many of our shooters who travel, including international shooters, order Choice Ammunition and have it shipped here. I've seen many shooters use it and all are happy with it. Jon Wemple, the owner is a huge supporter of SASS, other shooting sports, and shooting ranges nationwide.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have won several boxes of Cowboy Choice at EOT. Don't worry about the velocity. It is qualily ammo that goes bang every time. It was noticably less recoil than my reloads and very pleasant to shoot. We're not hunting dangerous game here, just ringing steel plates which it does well. If I wasnt a reloader, this would be my go-to ammo. Ditto to all that Slim said.

1 minute ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Edited by Sixgun Seamus
  • Like 1

sounds like good stuff , ill file this away for future reference , in the meantime i gotta place an order with scarlett i have put it off first for her recovery and now due to imeadiate need that might become more critical in upcoming months ,  

• Thanks 1

I've used it for quite a while. No problems with it and as stated, good service. 

Jax T

At EOT 2023 I got lucky with the raffle and won 200 rds of Choice 180gr .45 Colt with black powder coated bullets. I have used most of them now, and have  been very happy with them. As a bonus, Choice used large primer Starline brass for these rounds, so I got to add to my stock of 45 cases.

• Like 1

I have not used the Choice's cowboy loads but I have used some of their 44 mag and 45 Colt +P offerings and they have been great! Secure, fast shipping too.

On 4/20/2024 at 9:38 PM, watab kid said:

in the meantime i gotta place an order with scarlett i have put it off first for her recovery

You are sweet! I am RECOVERED and ready for any an all orders! :wub:

Big hugs!

Scarlett

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Scarlett said:

You are sweet! I am RECOVERED and ready for any an all orders! :wub:

Big hugs!

Scarlett

i was simply being respectful of your request when you fell ll , i will get my needs in order and place my order , hope i get to see you again soon , iif not ill never forget 

I bought 500 Cowboy 38spl 125 grn with CCIprimers when I first started. I had about 10 duds out of my NMV’s purchased from John Barleycorn with Wolf Springs.  I have shot  1/2 bag of their Cowboy .357 mags with no issues.  They are good to deal with.  I now reload my own.

• Like 1