SASS Wire Forum

Bubble Gum

Okiepan

So who remembers the stick of Bubble gum in the pack of Baseball Cards and that weird white coating on it ?

or 

Bazooka Bubble gum with the comics?

Double Bubble?

• Like 6

All the above! And the little comic in the Bazooka gum.

Oops, just noticed you added that! ;)

Edited by Eyesa Horg
Added text
  • Like 2

I always like Fleer the best...Bazooka Joe miniature comics. Back then, it really didn't matter...baseball cards, comics...it was bubblegum. That was some weird white stuff on the card gum though. Double Bubble...meh.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I always like Fleer the best...Bazooka Joe miniature comics. Back then, it really didn't matter...baseball cards, comics...it was bubblegum. That was some weird white stuff on the card gum though. Double Bubble...meh.

The white powdery stuff is cornstarch to keep it from sticking to the paper too much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

The sheet of gum was awful. Bazooka gum with the Bazooka Joe comic was the best. 

There was a foot long stick, maybe about half an inch diameter, Bub's Daddy, that I though was better. But no comic! 

Donruss - Bub's Daddy - Cherry - 5-cent bubble gum pack wr… | Flickr

• Like 1

Which probably means someone is buying them!

• Haha 1

Topps baseball cards a nickel a pack with a big slab of bubble gum! We’d trade if we got doubles of a player! I think I had every player there was!

Those were the days! 

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Topps baseball cards a nickel a pack with a big slab of bubble gum! We’d trade if we got doubles of a player! I think I had every player there was!

Those were the days! 

Back in the day, we'd take our doubles and clothespin them into the spokes of our bikes, and ride around making believe we were big bad biker dudes...Good Times

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tooky Slim said:

Back in the day, we'd take our doubles and clothespin them into the spokes of our bikes, and ride around making believe we were big bad biker dudes...Good Times

+1

• Like 1

I loved all that ol’ timey bubble gum. Bazooka was my favorite. I would trade the cardboard bubble gum for whatever baseball card was offered…or some Bazooka. ;)

8 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

There was a foot long stick, maybe about half an inch diameter, Bub's Daddy, that I though was better. But no comic! 

Donruss - Bub's Daddy - Cherry - 5-cent bubble gum pack wr… | Flickr

Joe, I haven’t seen that gum or an image of that gum in 50 years. I forgot all about it. Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Alpo said:

How about the bubble gum tape measure?

811wekU+U+L.jpg

Yeah, I recall my brothers trying to fit the whole string in their mouths. :lol:

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

How about the bubble gum tape measure?

811wekU+U+L.jpg

Never experienced that one or the Bub's Daddy.

2 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Never experienced that one or the Bub's Daddy.

Big League Chew. Came in a pouch like Red Man, so you can stand out there on the pitcher's mound at your Little League game, and get you a couple fingers full out of your pouch and stick it in your mouth and chew it, just like a real big leaguer. B)

BGCHEW-O.jpg?20200711031312

I was too old for bubble gum when Big League and the tape measure came along. So I never used either. And I never heard of Bub's Daddy. Don't know if that was a regional thing or what.

• Like 1