SASS Wire Forum

Eierschalensollbruchstellenverursache

The last one that I can watch before Instagram locked me out was the English guy who had been living in Germany for 10 years with speaking English.

The way Germans do.

Funny.

Yes, they live to slam nouns together for some weird reason. 

I worked for a German company that built trains for 3 years…a very long 3 years. One day I was researching the part number for a cab ceiling panel (the reason doesn’t matter) I found a drawing with the German part name and number. The name given was 52 letters long. It literally translated as plate under the roof panel in the cab on the inside, or some such nonsense. 
I truly hated working there. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Always look for the verb at the end.

I prefer not to look at all. ;)

33 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Oh, like the word for brassiere, oberdeshoulderboulderholder..

31 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Or...Hosenfromfloppin.

Nothing to do with German, but I read once upon a time that this female upper garment was invented pretty much simultaneously by a Frenchman named Brassiere and an Englishman named Titsling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There was a time that I wanted to learn German. I did learn enough to know when my so-called colleagues were openly throwing me under the bus. I never let them know that I knew what they said about me. I got them back by making them look really bad to their management. Unfortunately, my boss figured me out then began gaslighting me. 

I left and I know for a fact I cost them at least a couple of million dollars in new contracts and services. 

Ha Ha I win. :lol:

• Like 2