SASS Wire Forum

1883 TV Mini- Series

I don't have Paramount Plus so I didn't get to see 1883 until I just recently got the 1883 DVD set.   I've watched the first 7 episodes and I am surprised at how good a Western it is.  I was surprised to see that Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are both good actors and Lamonica Garrett is very good.   Sam Elliott and Isabel May did an incredible job and this is the best work I've seen from Sam Elliott.

If you haven't seen check it out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Chantry said:

I don't have Paramount Plus so I didn't get to see 1883 until I just recently got the 1883 DVD set.   I've watched the first 7 episodes and I am surprised at how good a Western it is.  I was surprised to see that Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are both good actors and Lamonica Garrett is very good.   Sam Elliott and Isabel May did an incredible job and this is the best work I've seen from Sam Elliott.

If you haven't seen check it out.

It was good, I thought  Have seen Tim and Faith in a few and they really do pretty decent . but wont spoil it for you so will leave it at that .

10 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

It was good, I thought  Have seen Tim and Faith in a few and they really do pretty decent . but wont spoil it for you so will leave it at that .

Usually a musician who tries to act in a real film or TV show isn't very good.  There are exceptions, Frank Sinatra was a very good actor and Dean Martin could be good in the right role.  Having not seen Tim or Faith act before, I was surprised at how good their acting was in 1883

Tim and Faith are anitgunner liberals and Elliot did a commercial for Biden in 2020. Just sayin'.............

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Tim and Faith are anitgunner liberals and Elliot did a commercial for Biden in 2020. Just sayin'.............

I agree , and Costner is worse we ran him out of SD , and his little lib Girlfriend on Yellowstone isnt acting .

• Thanks 1

https://popculture.com/news/sam-elliott-endorsement-joe-biden-sparks-strong-response-americans/#1

Hope this isn't too political, if it is I apologize.

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

45 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The great thing about this country is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

The great thing about this country is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion 

Right! I’m entitled to ignore and never watch these two antigun liberal hypocrites!

2 hours ago, Chantry said:

Usually a musician who tries to act in a real film or TV show isn't very good.  There are exceptions, Frank Sinatra was a very good actor and Dean Martin could be good in the right role.  Having not seen Tim or Faith act before, I was surprised at how good their acting was in 1883

There's a YouTube video somewhere of Glen Campbell saying he had never acted before he appeared in True Grit, and he still had a clean record after True Grit. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Right! I’m entitled to ignore and never watch these two antigun liberal hypocrites!

You certainly are 

• Thanks 1

1883 was good. Enjoyed it.

1923 is better. Enjoying it..

Not going to get hot and bothered about the actors and whether or not they think like me or not. It is a movie.

I read a lot of books. I don’t dig into the author to determine whether or not they think like I do.

It's entertainment.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

1883 was good. Enjoyed it.

1923 is better. Enjoying it..

Not going to get hot and bothered about the actors and whether or not they think like me or not. It is a movie.

I read a lot of books. I don’t dig into the author to determine whether or not they think like I do.

It's entertainment.

I agree, my only complaint is that Taylor hasn't finished either of these 2 series like it was first mentioned before he now is pushing 2 new series out. He was supposed to show season 2 of 1883 where they were actually starting their homestead for I believe 4 of the families. Then he still needs to do season 2 of 1923 showing the man getting his wife back and getting to America to help save the ranch. Not sure if he will every finish them.

TM

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Texas Maverick said:

I agree, my only complaint is that Taylor hasn't finished either of these 2 series like it was first mentioned before he now is pushing 2 new series out. He was supposed to show season 2 of 1883 where they were actually starting their homestead for I believe 4 of the families. Then he still needs to do season 2 of 1923 showing the man getting his wife back and getting to America to help save the ranch. Not sure if he will every finish them.

TM

There is a season planned for 1923.  The Actors strike and the Writers strike combined was about 10 months of nothing getting made AND they have to get most of the actors free at the same time to start production of  season 2.

If wikipedia is correct, Paramount wanted more episodes, but Sheriden considered 1883 complete. 

With the two most important (and most interesting) characters dying in 1883, I don't think the 3 remaining leads had  enough "star power" to carry another "season" or mini series.

And making things even worse is he has other projects he is working on

Edited by Chantry
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chantry said:

There is a season planned for 1923.  The Actors strike and the Writers strike combined was about 10 months of nothing getting made AND they have to get most of the actors free at the same time to start production of  season 2.

If wikipedia is correct, Paramount wanted more episodes, but Sheriden considered 1883 complete. 

With the two most important (and most interesting) characters dying in 1883, I don't think the 3 remaining leads had  enough "star power" to carry another "season" or mini series.

And making things even worse is he has other projects he is working on

WAIT! There were interesting characters in the 1883 mini series? I didn't see any. Must be a different 1883.