SASS Wire Forum

Wonder if he still carries a Beretta 92

Just now, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Heavy sigh. Sometimes it’s just time to let a franchise die a natural death. 

All Hollywood knows how to do anymore is make another sequel or remake an old movie . Very little original content anymore 

• Like 2

never shot my berretta 92 very well , but i like it , as to this sequel , im not thinking that series needed to go past the second , 

correct about the lack of new content too , remaking things and one sequel after another seems to be all they can think up 

6 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

In user trials, our Service members chose the Glock.

Only Fired the M9 once on a range , once in used Sigs . The M9 was a downtime play toy 

How fast can you clear, unload , disassemble , reassemble, function check and load a M9 , had it down to under 30 seconds  

• Like 1

Qualified Expert on the M9 in OSUT.  I liked the Beretta, it was accurate and reliable, far better than the worn out 1911's that we had in the armory at my unit.  We still had S&W .38 Special revolvers in the armory.  The 1911's rarely went 5 rounds without a jam and weren't much more accurate than a thrown rock.

I'd be interested in a M9A3 or M9A4 Beretta, but being restricted to 10 round magazines there isn't much point

• Like 1

I have one. Great shooter, my wife's favorite gun. She's not really a shooter but she shoots it quite well. We both have small hands but have no trouble with the Beretta. She used on her CHL qualifier. I think she scored like 435/500. I don't recall it has EVER jammed. My wife's target. Texas course is 50 rounds from like 5-25 yards.

JHC

tina's target.jpg

Edited by Capt. James H. Callahan
  • Like 3

I have only fired a Beretta 92 on one occasion.  My friend bought one and said he didn’t like that he couldn’t shoot it accurately. At 15 yards using Winchester white box I put 15 rounds into a 4” bullseye. I said “If you don’t like this I will buy it off of you.” My friend unceremoniously packed up his guns and ammo and left.

He was a bit of a hot head. 
He eventually figured it out and he told me it would be the last gun he’d ever sell. 
I never really considered buying one until I saw a Brigadier at my LGS in 2021. The price was $629. I should have bought it. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I have only fired a Beretta 92 on one occasion.  My friend bought one and said he didn’t like that he couldn’t shoot it accurately. At 15 yards using Winchester white box I put 15 rounds into a 4” bullseye. I said “If you don’t like this I will buy it off of you.” My friend unceremoniously packed up his guns and ammo and left.

He was a bit of a hot head. 
He eventually figured it out and he told me it would be the last gun he’d ever sell. 
I never really considered buying one until I saw a Brigadier at my LGS in 2021. The price was $629. I should have bought it. 

Used to work with a guy like that once. Big gun nut. He'd buy a pistol and if it didn't put them down the middle it was no good and he'd sell it. I shot with him enough to know he just wasn't worth beans as a pistol shot. He couldn't shoot worth crap with my pistols either!

JHC :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

In user trials, our Service members chose the Glock.

I have 2, 1 is my every day carry pistol. They are better than they used to be but they still have a wonky trigger. The little 9 I carry is extremely accurate and I have confidence in it. First time I fired it I was worried that I couldn't see any bullet holes. Walked down to the target and there was this nifty little group in the middle of the bull. It was like Hey, I like this little guy!

JHC

• Like 2

I have Glocks and use them regularly, at our range.

A 19 Gen 4, a 17 Gen 3 and a 44 (noisy thing)

I found learning the trigger was a bit challenging, but after years of Hi-power use, it didn't take too long.

No CCW here in Canada, unless you are part of the Laurentian Elite or a gangster.

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 9:34 PM, Pat Riot said:

I’ll do nothing that puts money in the pocket of Danny Glover.

I don’t know much about his politics. Is he a lefty lib?

Just found this!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Glover

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don’t know much about his politics. Is he a lefty lib?

Just found this!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Glover

He’s absolutely a lefty lib. Pretty sure his man card was revoked in his teens as well. 

When I saw the OP by @Buckshot Bob the first thing I did was look up who the director was going to be to see if that POS Richard Donner was involved. He’s another slime bucket that uses guns in his movies but puts up anti NRA rhetoric in the background. 
I met him once during the filming of Lethal Weapon 3. I didn’t shake his hand when he offered his and had I not been there as a work assignment I would have popped him a good one and perhaps even kicked him when he was down. 
Hopefully he’s dead. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

He’s absolutely a lefty lib. Pretty sure his man card was revoked in his teens as well. 

When I saw the OP by @Buckshot Bob the first thing I did was look up who the director was going to be to see if that POS Richard Donner was involved. He’s another slime bucket that uses guns in his movies but puts up anti NRA rhetoric in the background. 
I met him once during the filming of Lethal Weapon 3. I didn’t shake his hand when he offered his and had I not been there as a work assignment I would have popped him a good one and perhaps even kicked him when he was down. 
Hopefully he’s dead. 

I’m also disgusted by Glover . But like Gibson, I’m not sure what his stance on guns is . He’s definitely not well liked in Hollywood so that’s a plus in my book. He seems to be kind of an oddity, he’s so successful and well liked by his fans they just can’t seem to get rid of him. 
When he made passion of the Christ they tried hard to ruin him , but he just seems to persevere. 

• Like 2