SASS Wire Forum

Guns for the war of Armaggedon.

Don’t waste your time going to the Mesquite Gun Show.

My favorite one liner was - Where is the table with the Flintlocks?  

Scarce few cap guns or even Western Revolvers.  Modern overpowered Revolvers.

Been like that for years.  Add in the pink and blue camouflage two-piece swimsuits, John Wayne lamps, ceramic horses, stylishly useless knives, tactical toilet paper, outrageous prices and bad attitudes of many vendors and it is a waste of my time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The one in Largo, Florida today was (IMO):

25% - Firearms

30% - Knives

30% - Ammo/ammo related

5% - Scopes/optic related

5% - Jewelry/coins

3% - Beef Jerky/related

1% - Gun t-shirts/patches

1% - Gun Cases/related

100% - All over priced.

I must say that the knives, scopes and ammo was all very neatly arranged...even the most OCD person would have loved the orderly fashion. Oh well, it was (still is) a nasty day weatherwise, it was something to do.

• Like 1

I think since the first gun show I went to back in the early 80’s I have heard complaints about them:
“Not enough guns I like”

”There are more knives than guns”

”What’s with all the jewelry tables?”

“Whatever happened to all the (fill in blank) guns? All they have are (fill in blank) guns. 

Etc, etc, etc, :)

I will say the gun shows around here are a far cry better than the ones I encountered in California and Oregon. The whole show isn’t “Tacticool”  or “Faux Tacticool”.

1 hour ago, Come On Christmas said:

Don’t waste your time going to the Mesquite Gun Show.

My favorite one liner was - Where is the table with the Flintlocks?  

Scarce few cap guns or even Western Revolvers.  Modern overpowered Revolvers.

All of the gun shows here are the same. There’s a couple tables with single action revolvers mostly Rugers and Heritage in .22. There are quite a few modern revolvers though.

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

Our little home town gun show is this weekend. All the tables sold out. 

65% guns and or ammo

30% Knives

5% other.

I scored 500 new primed 357 brass at a great price. 
Bought 4500 Federal Large Rifle Magnum primers for a friend who shoot long range. He was down to his last 100. First I have seen since Covid. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Been like that for years.  Add in the pink and blue camouflage two-piece swimsuits, John Wayne lamps, ceramic horses, stylishly useless knives, tactical toilet paper, outrageous prices and bad attitudes of many vendors and it is a waste of my time.

Is that for if you have a bad fish taco?

• Haha 2

This was a new one to me.

61jXUw2sAPL._AC_SX679_.jpg

A tactical toilet paper carrier. B) :rolleyes:

You take the cardboard roll out of the middle of the toilet paper, then zip it into your tactical carrier, and pull it out the hole in the top. You're unrolling it from the inside of the roll.

And only $22.99 US. Wowzer.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alpo said:

You take the cardboard roll out of the middle of the toilet paper, then zip it into your tactical carrier, and pull it out the hole in the top. You're unrolling it from the inside of the roll.

16.99 on Amazon.  Lots of other TTP stuff too.

15 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

I think since the first gun show I went to back in the early 80’s I have heard complaints about them:
“Not enough guns I like”

”There are more knives than guns”

”What’s with all the jewelry tables?”

“Whatever happened to all the (fill in blank) guns? All they have are (fill in blank) guns. 

Etc, etc, etc, :)

I will say the gun shows around here are a far cry better than the ones I encountered in California and Oregon. The whole show isn’t “Tacticool”  or “Faux Tacticool”.

Where you live?  

I was thinking they might be better in smaller towns here in Texas put on independently, not through a Company like Premier.

I was talking about, not having loaded guns in my house.  Not carrying.

My BB gun and air guns.

Fine that other people do this.

FACEBOOK put me in jail.

I’ve been to one “gun show” in my life about 15 - 20 years ago.  I was shocked I had to pay to get in!  Well I drove a distance to attend and I will recoup the entry fee on the great deals I thought.  I didn’t.  

14 hours ago, Alpo said:

Me thinks I’ll just fold TP flat, store it in a zip lock plastic bag.  Take less space and water proof then carrying TP in a pouch…unless I’ve got diarrhea.

Edited by Matthew Duncan

10 hours ago, Alpo said:

Wait till the purchaser tries to remove the roll from the middle.  Half the roll will be wasted getting it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Come On Christmas said:

Where you live?  

I was thinking they might be better in smaller towns here in Texas put on independently, not through a Company like Premier.

West Virginia. The best gun show (that I have found) within an 80 mile radius is the ones held at Washington County Fairgrounds in Washington PA. The ones in Pittsburgh and Morgantown WV and Fairmont WV are okay. King of small but lots of older used revolvers and long guns. There are some tactical vendors as well. 
The one in Washington reminds me of the Gun Shows in Orange County, CA years ago. Lots of variety and big enough to find almost anything you might want or need. 

EDIT

The gun shows around here (80 mile radius) are put on by a company called Showmasters.

Edited by Pat Riot

Best one I went to was in Allentown, PA many years ago.   Lots of vendors, many firearms of all types, even original Henrys.  A couple of old timers with tables full of parts, and great memories as they could tell you without looking if they had the part you were looking for.   The Harrisburg show at the fair grounds was another good show.  I haven't been there in over 20 years, so I don't know how they have changed.