SASS Wire Forum

Political Memes

The last week or so I've been seeing on various social platforms memes on the line of  "This Taylor Swift Meme Will Make MAGA Heads Explode."

Which conservative made what stupid comment about Taylor Swift that the leftists meme-masters latched onto? 

By the Rood!  Sometimes I think high profile conservatives are some of the stupidest, or at least socially inept, people on the face of the earth!  They should know that the press will parse every syllable uttered by them and  distort it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The last week or so I've been seeing on various social platforms memes on the line of  "This Taylor Swift Meme Will Make MAGA Heads Explode."

Which conservative made what stupid comment about Taylor Swift that the leftists meme-masters latched onto? 

By the Rood!  Sometimes I think high profile conservatives are some of the stupidest, or at least socially inept, people on the face of the earth!  They should know that the press will parse every syllable uttered by them and  distort it.

Joe, no one has to do anything to make those magpies all a flutter about some nit-picky thing. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

Joe, no one has to do anything to make those magpies all a flutter about some nit-picky thing. 

Thanks.  A quick Google search yielded up nothing but leftist commentary obsessing over how conservatives are obsessing over past comments by Swift.

This just amazes me.

Taylor Swift - she's a singer, right? I assume she's either a pop singer or a country singer based on the way she looks. She doesn't look like a rock singer today. Maybe in the early 60s, but not nowadays.

To my knowledge I have never heard her sing.

She seems to be dating a football player.

Why does anyone care? Why does anyone care about her dating him, and why does anyone care about him dating her?

Weird.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Alpo said:

This just amazes me.

Taylor Swift - she's a singer, right? I assume she's either a pop singer or a country singer based on the way she looks. She doesn't look like a rock singer today. Maybe in the early 60s, but not nowadays.

To my knowledge I have never heard her sing.

She seems to be dating a football player.

Why does anyone care? Why does anyone care about her dating him, and why does anyone care about him dating her?

Weird.

Bread and Circuses, Bread and Circuses

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jason Aldean is the only singer who's songs are worth anything!

Jason Aldesn is a country & Western singer.

His latest song.is "You can't do that in a small town!"

The left absolutely hates it!!!

I love it!!!

• Like 1

I looked him up. Country singer. Been singing since 05. And wiki gave a long list of his songs - none of which I'd ever heard of.

Then it said that he did "TRY THAT IN A SMALL TOWN".

Okay. That one I've heard of. I didn't get all the way through listening into it. But I've heard of it. It apparently offended a lot of liberals.

You can like or hate Taylor Swift and her music but she writes almost all her songs and plays a few instruments , guitar, ukulele, piano etc. 

I personally am not into her music at all but I respect her for her work. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You can like or hate Taylor Swift and her music but she writes almost all her songs and plays a few instruments , guitar, ukulele, piano etc. 

Ditto 

• Like 3

I don’t put a lot of stock in what any musician has to say politically. Whether I agree with them or not. 
The more political they get, the less I listen or buy their music. That includes on Apple and Amazon Music because singers get royalties via those services as well. 

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It's my understanding that a lot of the songs she has written were about her former boyfriends.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

It's my understanding that a lot of the songs she has written were about her former boyfriends.

Yep me too, Hey whatever works!!:lol:

46 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Unlike good country songs about your wife running off with your truck, or your dog and cow running off together, or your bass boat getting hit by a big old train.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Your songs are about your former boyfriends? :o

No my songs are about guns I sold that I wish I wouldn’t have!:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

I don’t put a lot of stock in what any musician has to say politically. Whether I agree with them or not. 
The more political they get, the less I listen or buy their music. That includes on Apple and Amazon Music because singers get royalties via those services as well. 

Laura Ingraham wrote a book years ago titled, “Shut up and sing”. It was all about how when these artists opened their mouths about politics it would ruin their music for her. She wouldn’t want to listen to them anymore. Same went for actors and actresses!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dilli GaHoot Galoot said:

There are a bunch of videos but this one is a nice clip show of how it started

Ah!  Thank you.  In other words, a few talking heads were talking about Swift the way other talking heads talk about the few conservative entertainers .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dilli GaHoot Galoot said:

Pretty much, but you also get gems like this :rolleyes:

NickAdams.jpg

He's supposedly a comic.  If he were a leftist he could just put on his Foghorn Leghorn voice and say, "It's a joke, son!  You're supposed to laugh!"

• Like 1

To those of you saying you don't know who Taylor Swift is but you think she is "a singer":

Taylor Swift has become a superstar singer by understanding marketing and hard work.  By her early thirties she had a net worth doubling the king of pop.  I'm not a fan but she has my respect as a self made businesswoman.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/taylor-swift/?sh=65235f3e18e2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2