SASS Wire Forum

Well Crap -- Joe Pickett

Paramount officially confirmed the cancellation of Joe Pickett Season 3 on October 31, 2023. Despite positive reception and Paramount's initial faith in the series, it did not receive a renewal for a third season.

• Sad 4

Very enjoyable book series.

• Like 4

image.png.bb926c25cbb419c1e2dad71a8fc20732.png

A fantastic series. :wub:
Most likely caused by the writers' strike.  :angry:

• Like 3

The books are out there, and worth the time.  My wife and I read books out loud to each other on car trips. Joe Pickett and the Lucas Davenport series by John Sanderson are our favorites.  The miles fly by.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

My wife and I read books out loud to each other on car trips. Joe Pickett and the Lucas Davenport series by John Sanderson are our favorites.  The miles fly by.

We first got into John Sanford's Lucas Davenport books by playing an audio of Winter Prey on a long car trip. As you say, the miles evaporated. Since then we've been big fans of his books.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

We first got into John Sanford's Lucas Davenport books by playing an audio of Winter Prey on a long car trip. As you say, the miles evaporated. Since then we've been big fans of his books.

Sandford, not Sanderson; thank you.  Embarrassing to get his name wrong!  Sorry John!!

• Like 1

Every time I really like a show something happens to it. It gets cancelled or moves to a different network I don’t have or I’m not willing to sign up for. Or, gawd forbid, it ends up on FreeVee with tons of commercial breaks with all the same commercials over and over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My collection of the Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers books. :)

Snip-it_1705756989019.thumb.jpg.06a1a47be0f61f1f746e210061aa5917.jpg

Would make a great TV series itself,  starting with... ;)

81JtntqbvsL._AC_UF10001000_QL80_.thumb.jpg.2b5577ece9ff0982249cd09f8d18bf5d.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Paramount officially confirmed the cancellation of Joe Pickett Season 3 on October 31, 2023. Despite positive reception and Paramount's initial faith in the series, it did not receive a renewal for a third season.

Which means it wasn't make Paramount money or enough money to keep making episodes

• Like 1

Its gotten to the point were good written, acted shows like Joe Pickett, which we enjoyed watching and new shows have limited episodes each season, 12 or only 13. Then you have to remember the show to remind yourself when it returns or is cancelled. To this end we concluded to no longer watch new shows, or watch when several seasons can be streamed.  Otherwise its a movie only we watch or flip in a DVD to watch a show or movie we loved. Evenings listening to a good radio program or music and reading seemed to take over the addiction need to have to watch.

Edited by Marshal Dan Troop 70448
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

...And his wife and her mom are both real cute too!

Seamus

And how! :D

• Like 2

On 1/20/2024 at 9:17 AM, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Its gotten to the point were good written, acted shows like Joe Pickett, which we enjoyed watching and new shows have limited episodes each season, 12 or only 13. Then you have to remember the show to remind yourself when it returns or is cancelled. To this end we concluded to no longer watch new shows, or watch when several seasons can be streamed.  Otherwise its a movie only we watch or flip in a DVD to watch a show or movie we loved. Evenings listening to a good radio program or music and reading seemed to take over the addiction need to have to watch.

For me the only problem is that they are streamed only. I live rural and our high speed internet is too slow to stream these shows. 

I have read every one of the books and just love them!

Edited by Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life
  • Like 1

one of the very few i could watch with my wife who isnt interested in CAS save that i shoot it , she seldom wants to watch a western with me of any genera 

• Like 1