SASS Wire Forum

BPCR

Cullie Halfcock

Looking for any information on BPCR events such as long range or Buffalo shoots in or around Missouri. Thanks.

Cullie Halfcock

Original Lumpy Grits can probably answer all of your questions. He’s a big BPCR guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Clyde Henry #7046 said:

Get a copy of the Black Powder Cartridge News magazine to see listings of matches in your area.

Thanks. I just prescribed yesterday.

48 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Original Lumpy Grits can probably answer all of your questions. He’s a big BPCR guy.

I was hoping OLG would come across this. I’m not very good at navigating this media stuff.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cullie Halfcock said:

I was hoping OLG would come across this. I’m not very good at navigating this media stuff.

Sorry to say, that I have not shot any BPCR competitions here in Missouri.

I shoot at a private range  that doesn't hold such events, and the private property I shoot on is out of the question.

Let me suggest you check out the Shiloh Rifle Forum.

Best of luck to you. ;)

• Like 1

This group is on FB  

Missouri Buffalo Runners BPCR Silhouette Shooters.

"This group is to promote the Blackpowder Cartridge Rifle Silhouette shooting matches at the Big Piney Sportsmans Club in Houston Missouri."

Also on FB

Tappan Hill BPCR, Inc. 

"Tappan Hill BPCR, is an organization dedicated to silhouette competitions located in Glasco, Kansas"

tappanhillbpcr@gmail.com

Club in Benton Arkansas   Benton Gun Club

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

This group is on FB  

Missouri Buffalo Runners BPCR Silhouette Shooters.

"This group is to promote the Blackpowder Cartridge Rifle Silhouette shooting matches at the Big Piney Sportsmans Club in Houston Missouri."

Also on FB

Tappan Hill BPCR, Inc. 

"Tappan Hill BPCR, is an organization dedicated to silhouette competitions located in Glasco, Kansas"

tappanhillbpcr@gmail.com

Club in Benton Arkansas   Benton Gun Club

I will check them out thanks! I’ll have the wife look them up on fb. 

• Like 1

This is not the news I wanted to hear about BPCR in MO.  When I get back up there full time we may have to see what we can do to remedy that situation!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

What part of Missouri are you in?

I'm located in SW Springfield.....

North central, on 36 between Chillicothe and macon

• Thanks 1

I used to shoot BPCR at a range just outside St. Louis.  Was an excellent range.  I don't know if they're still shooting there.  

1 hour ago, Shawnee Hills said:

The Illowa Irregulars typically have a shoot or two per year.  Their range is located west of Milan IL.  Not sure how far that would be for you but is an option.

Club Calendar – Illowa Irregulars Cowboy Action Shooting

Thank you! I checked them out and watched the videos of the Buffalo shoot. They are holding 3 shoots in 2024 and I’m 3 hours 57 min from Milan Illinois. Well worth the drive for me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cullie Halfcock said:

Thank you! I checked them out and watched the videos of the Buffalo shoot. They are holding 3 shoots in 2024 and I’m 3 hours 57 min from Milan Illinois. Well worth the drive for me!

Glad that I could help!  I think you'll find the range and the shooters very welcoming.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 3:50 PM, Shawnee Hills said:

The Illowa Irregulars typically have a shoot or two per year.  Their range is located west of Milan IL.  Not sure how far that would be for you but is an option.

Looking forward to a Buffalo shoot in may at Illowa Irregulars. 300 yds will be a good starting point for me. Can’t wait!

On 1/5/2024 at 3:50 PM, Shawnee Hills said:

Illowa Irregulars is scheduling 3 Buffalo shoots in 2024 - May 18, July 28, and October 19.  Here is a short video taken at our May 2023 match.  

Click here for more information about our long-range Buffalo shoots.  .  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Popcorn Kelly said:

Illowa Irregulars is scheduling 3 Buffalo shoots in 2024 - May 18, July 28, and October 19.  Here is a short video taken at our May 2023 match.  

Thank you PK! I’ve been on the site looking around. Very exiting stuff! I’d also like to attend the January Iron Man shoot.

16 hours ago, Popcorn Kelly said:

Thank you PK! I’ve been on the site looking around. Very exiting stuff! I’d also like to attend the January Iron Man shoot.

9E87E2AC-C39D-4910-9230-9B895BE21B6B.thumb.jpeg.9b96ac2cd5f6f6a6d8b2a681c011896d.jpeg

1 minute ago, Cullie Halfcock said:

9E87E2AC-C39D-4910-9230-9B895BE21B6B.thumb.jpeg.9b96ac2cd5f6f6a6d8b2a681c011896d.jpeg

Just installed my Kelley Soule and Shaver globe today. 

4 hours ago, Cullie Halfcock said:

Cullie, we hope you can make it.  Check our website the day prior to make sure it's still a go - www.illowairregulars.com.  While it's a near certainty to go off as planned, given the vagaries of the weather there's always a possibility it could be cancelled.  it's not so much the cold than it would be due to ice that would preclude us from getting gack there.  Again, unlikely, but . . .     We'd announce a cancellation the day before.  PK

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stoney Bottoms, SASS #52760 said:

The Huston Mo club has monthly shoots and forllows NRA rules.  Good people.  Look for Missouri Buffalo Runners BPCR Silhouette Shooters on facebook.  I shot there a couple of times, but cannot anymore

Didn’t I read somewhere that my pedersoli sharps won’t meet the requirements for NRA match?

4 minutes ago, Cullie Halfcock said:

Didn’t I read somewhere that my pedersoli sharps won’t meet the requirements for NRA match?

I believe there is a 12 pound 2 oz limit on rifle. 

1 minute ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

That is true.

Rex :D , who long ago shot that game a bit.

But you get an E for Effort! Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone find it alarming that I’m at 36 MOA for my 100 yard zero? Read a lot of posts about other folks “come ups” seems a lot of the 45/70 guys are in the 20’s on the staff for 100 yd. I realize the sight and rifle combo makes a lot of difference. 

Callie, not sure if the drive is too far for you, but check these folks out. An awesome bunch that shoots long range every month. 

https://freestaterangers.com/rifle-range-information/

Also, the Butterfield Gulch Gang are having their annual match the first weekend of May. There’s a great long range match included. 

https://butterfieldgulch.com/

• Like 1