SASS Wire Forum

Guns and Ammo mag

Rye Miles #13621

In an article in Guns and Ammo magazine this month. The writer James Tarr in Better than Ever, says in the the days of old,  people carried 5 shot "snubbies" and included the Colt Detective Spl. as one of them. Uh, excuse me but the Colt Detective Spl. was always a 6 shot. Has this guy ever seen one? Better yet what about the editors? They should know better! This is why I don't trust what these magazine writers talk about. Rant over!

Maybe he reads WEB Griffin books.

In the badge of honor series, the cop changes from Chief Special to Detective Special to Undercover and back all through the series. Same gun - five shot Smith & Wesson snubby. But the name of it keeps changing.

In the series about the CIA in Germany right after the war - early 1946 - one girl carries a Chiefs Special in her bra. Except that the Chiefs Special didn't exist until 1952. She could have a Terrier, which was a J in 38 Smith & Wesson, but not a Chiefs Special. She killed somebody with the Chiefs Special and it is now in evidence, so another guy hands her his Detective Special, which is also a five shot 38 Special snub nose, so she would not be unarmed until she gets her gun back.

3 minutes ago, Texas Jack Black said:

I hear Senior Duelists can be grumpy at times.;)

Happy New Year

I'm not senior duelist anymore, arthritis has forced me to go two handed!:P

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'm not senior duelist anymore, arthritis has forced me to go two handed!:P

Now I know why you are Grumpy  .;)

I use a Lidocaine cream for my hands, shoulder and back.

4 minutes ago, Texas Jack Black said:

Now I know why you are Grumpy  .;)

I use a Lidocaine cream for my hands, shoulder and back.

Ive tried it and it doesn't work. Shooting two handed has not made me grumpy at all, in fact I'm happy my times are faster and I'm having a great time!;)

4 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Ive tried it and it doesn't work. Shooting two handed has not made me grumpy at all, in fact I'm happy my times are faster and I'm having a great time!;)

Have you tried Extra Strength Tiger Balm? Has a strong odor that fades eventually but works better than anything I've tried that is OTC.

https://www.tigerbalm.com/us/products/tiger-balm-ultra-sports-rub/

Now, I'm still trying to figure out how someone hides a Chief's Special in a bra without detection.:P

9 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Have you tried Extra Strength Tiger Balm? Has a strong odor that fades eventually but works better than anything I've tried that is OTC.

https://www.tigerbalm.com/us/products/tiger-balm-ultra-sports-rub/

Now, I'm still trying to figure out how someone hides a Chief's Special in a bra without detection.:P

Nope, Advil or Aleve or Extra strength Tylenol works fine. I don't take it every day mostly just when I shoot. I've tried several cremes and lotions etc. none of it works. I mostly went to two handed shooting to be safe. I don't want to drop a gun in case I get a flare up in my hand.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

My first thought was she was a large bosomed girl, which would give her lots of room.

Then I thought maybe she was a small bosomed girl, wearing a large bra.

But then we have this.

flashbang_bra_jframe.jpg

HasAS anyone should be able to tell from the shape of that fake gun and the grips on it, that's a J frame snub nose.

When I first started looking for bra holsters, because I knew they were out there, the search engine took my request - bra holsters - and changed it to bra holsters for women.

They make bra holsters for men?

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Arthritis sure makes me Grumpy at times

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Nope, Advil or Aleve or Extra strength Tylenol works fine. I don't take it every day mostly just when I shoot. I've tried several cremes and lotions etc. none of it works. I mostly went to two handed shooting to be safe. I don't want to drop a gun in case I get a flare up in my hand.

I've had some limited success with CBD oil, taken internally.

Smoking it or vaporizing it is harsh on my non-smoker throat.

I never even try to use it on a range day. Then it's just "Tylenol for Arthritis"

(CBD and THC is legal in Canada. It's how our current Prime Moron Minister won the younger vote, last election.)

2 hours ago, Texas Jack Black said:

A Manziere invented by Cramer and Mr.Costanza :FlagAm:

That was a great episode!:lol:

Just got an email from Eric Poole of Guns and Ammo thanking me for pointing out the Colt Det Spl mistake.

23 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

If you’re system can tolerate it, try Bayer Back and Body!

It’s buffered, more natural, and it REALLY works better than any of the other NSAIDs for me!!

Naproxin products cause allergic reactions for me and the Ibuprofen remedies flat out don’t work.  Aspirin products have been my salvation!!  BB&B is 500mg and two of those relieve my pain, ease stiffness, and don’t cause numbness for me.  It usually lasts for eight hours or more as well!!

47 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

It’s buffered, more natural, and it REALLY works better than any of the other NSAIDs for me!!

Naproxin products cause allergic reactions for me and the Ibuprofen remedies flat out don’t work.  Aspirin products have been my salvation!!  BB&B is 500mg and two of those relieve my pain, ease stiffness, and don’t cause numbness for me.  It usually lasts for eight hours or more as well!!

I forgot all about Bayer back and body, I'll try some, thanks pard!;)

55 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Here again -- and I've pointed this out before --

As often happens, the Voice of Experience Reply benefits more than the OP!

Many thanks, Blackwater, your sound advice is helping me too!

I tried Bare Back and Body and got arrested. Judge told me I needed to do that at the NUDE beach next town over.

1 minute ago, Texas Jack Black said:

I tried Bare Back and Body and got arrested. Judge told me I needed to do that at the NUDE beach next town over.

He should've also told you to get your eyes checked. Of course, if you did that you probably wouldn't WANT to go to the nude beach.

OP, I have the same sentiment for movies with computer scenes.
Laughable in their ignorance.

I especially chuckle at the old IBM 3420 (or similar) tape drives used in the movies to display "processing".
In real life, I have to laugh at the warehouses full of utility company collected environmental data that can never be read again.. because there are no more tape drives to read them.

33 minutes ago, bgavin said:

OP, I have the same sentiment for movies with computer scenes.
Laughable in their ignorance.

I especially chuckle at the old IBM 3420 (or similar) tape drives used in the movies to display "processing".
In real life, I have to laugh at the warehouses full of utility company collected environmental data that can never be read again.. because there are no more tape drives to read them.

I love the way sparks and flame always shoot from the monitor when the computer fails. 

Archived