Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Guns and Ammo mag


Rye Miles #13621

Recommended Posts

In an article in Guns and Ammo magazine this month. The writer James Tarr in Better than Ever, says in the the days of old,  people carried 5 shot "snubbies" and included the Colt Detective Spl. as one of them. Uh, excuse me but the Colt Detective Spl. was always a 6 shot. Has this guy ever seen one? Better yet what about the editors? They should know better! This is why I don't trust what these magazine writers talk about. Rant over!

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe he reads WEB Griffin books.

 

In the badge of honor series, the cop changes from Chief Special to Detective Special to Undercover and back all through the series. Same gun - five shot Smith & Wesson snubby. But the name of it keeps changing.

 

In the series about the CIA in Germany right after the war - early 1946 - one girl carries a Chiefs Special in her bra. Except that the Chiefs Special didn't exist until 1952. She could have a Terrier, which was a J in 38 Smith & Wesson, but not a Chiefs Special. She killed somebody with the Chiefs Special and it is now in evidence, so another guy hands her his Detective Special, which is also a five shot 38 Special snub nose, so she would not be unarmed until she gets her gun back.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Texas Jack Black said:

 I hear Senior Duelists can be grumpy at times.;)

 

Happy New Year

I'm not senior duelist anymore, arthritis has forced me to go two handed!:P

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'm not senior duelist anymore, arthritis has forced me to go two handed!:P

  Now I know why you are Grumpy  .;)

   I use a Lidocaine cream for my hands, shoulder and back.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Texas Jack Black said:

  Now I know why you are Grumpy  .;)

   I use a Lidocaine cream for my hands, shoulder and back.

Ive tried it and it doesn't work. Shooting two handed has not made me grumpy at all, in fact I'm happy my times are faster and I'm having a great time!;)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Ive tried it and it doesn't work. Shooting two handed has not made me grumpy at all, in fact I'm happy my times are faster and I'm having a great time!;)

 

Have you tried Extra Strength Tiger Balm? Has a strong odor that fades eventually but works better than anything I've tried that is OTC.

 

https://www.tigerbalm.com/us/products/tiger-balm-ultra-sports-rub/

 

 

Now, I'm still trying to figure out how someone hides a Chief's Special in a bra without detection.:P

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

 

Have you tried Extra Strength Tiger Balm? Has a strong odor that fades eventually but works better than anything I've tried that is OTC.

 

https://www.tigerbalm.com/us/products/tiger-balm-ultra-sports-rub/

 

 

Now, I'm still trying to figure out how someone hides a Chief's Special in a bra without detection.:P

Nope, Advil or Aleve or Extra strength Tylenol works fine. I don't take it every day mostly just when I shoot. I've tried several cremes and lotions etc. none of it works. I mostly went to two handed shooting to be safe. I don't want to drop a gun in case I get a flare up in my hand.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Now, I'm still trying to figure out how someone hides a Chief's Special in a bra without detection.:P

My first thought was she was a large bosomed girl, which would give her lots of room.

 

Then I thought maybe she was a small bosomed girl, wearing a large bra.

 

But then we have this.

flashbang_bra_jframe.jpg

 

HasAS anyone should be able to tell from the shape of that fake gun and the grips on it, that's a J frame snub nose.

Edited by Alpo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I first started looking for bra holsters, because I knew they were out there, the search engine took my request - bra holsters - and changed it to bra holsters for women.

 

They make bra holsters for men?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Ive tried it and it doesn't work. Shooting two handed has not made me grumpy at all, in fact I'm happy my times are faster and I'm having a great time!;)

  Arthritis sure makes me Grumpy at times

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Nope, Advil or Aleve or Extra strength Tylenol works fine. I don't take it every day mostly just when I shoot. I've tried several cremes and lotions etc. none of it works. I mostly went to two handed shooting to be safe. I don't want to drop a gun in case I get a flare up in my hand.

I've had some limited success with CBD oil, taken internally.

Smoking it or vaporizing it is harsh on my non-smoker throat.

I never even try to use it on a range day. Then it's just "Tylenol for Arthritis"

(CBD and THC is legal in Canada. It's how our current Prime Moron Minister won the younger vote, last election.)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Texas Jack Black said:

 A Manziere invented by Cramer and Mr.Costanza :FlagAm:

That was a great episode!:lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got an email from Eric Poole of Guns and Ammo thanking me for pointing out the Colt Det Spl mistake.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Nope, Advil or Aleve or Extra strength Tylenol works fine. I don't take it every day mostly just when I shoot. I've tried several cremes and lotions etc. none of it works. I mostly went to two handed shooting to be safe. I don't want to drop a gun in case I get a flare up in my hand.


If you’re system can tolerate it, try Bayer Back and Body!

 

It’s buffered, more natural, and it REALLY works better than any of the other NSAIDs for me!!

 

Naproxin products cause allergic reactions for me and the Ibuprofen remedies flat out don’t work.  Aspirin products have been my salvation!!  BB&B is 500mg and two of those relieve my pain, ease stiffness, and don’t cause numbness for me.  It usually lasts for eight hours or more as well!!

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:


If you’re system can tolerate it, try Bayer Back and Body!

 

It’s buffered, more natural, and it REALLY works better than any of the other NSAIDs for me!!

 

Naproxin products cause allergic reactions for me and the Ibuprofen remedies flat out don’t work.  Aspirin products have been my salvation!!  BB&B is 500mg and two of those relieve my pain, ease stiffness, and don’t cause numbness for me.  It usually lasts for eight hours or more as well!!

I forgot all about Bayer back and body, I'll try some, thanks pard!;)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:


If you’re system can tolerate it, try Bayer Back and Body!

 

It’s buffered, more natural, and it REALLY works better than any of the other NSAIDs for me!!

 

Naproxin products cause allergic reactions for me and the Ibuprofen remedies flat out don’t work.  Aspirin products have been my salvation!!  BB&B is 500mg and two of those relieve my pain, ease stiffness, and don’t cause numbness for me.  It usually lasts for eight hours or more as well!!

Here again -- and I've pointed this out before --

As often happens, the Voice of Experience Reply benefits more than the OP!

Many thanks, Blackwater, your sound advice is helping me too!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Texas Jack Black said:

  I tried Bare Back and Body and got arrested. Judge told me I needed to do that at the NUDE beach next town over.

He should've also told you to get your eyes checked. Of course, if you did that you probably wouldn't WANT to go to the nude beach.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OP, I have the same sentiment for movies with computer scenes.
Laughable in their ignorance.

I especially chuckle at the old IBM 3420 (or similar) tape drives used in the movies to display "processing".
In real life, I have to laugh at the warehouses full of utility company collected environmental data that can never be read again.. because there are no more tape drives to read them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, bgavin said:

OP, I have the same sentiment for movies with computer scenes.
Laughable in their ignorance.

I especially chuckle at the old IBM 3420 (or similar) tape drives used in the movies to display "processing".
In real life, I have to laugh at the warehouses full of utility company collected environmental data that can never be read again.. because there are no more tape drives to read them.

I love the way sparks and flame always shoot from the monitor when the computer fails. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.