SASS Wire Forum

European Championships 2023 in Germany

Lassy LaRock

Gee, most of them talk funny.

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

That looks like fun.  How do I get my ammo and guns to Germany?  I wouldn't want to depend on the State Department to negotiate for my release.

It is great fun!  The match is excellent and extremely well-run, the people very friendly and welcoming, and the setting is spectacular.

Traveling with firearms is a bit of a chore, but completely do-able.  You'll want to contact the pertinent authorities of the country to which you are traveling - next year DoT is in Sweden - and your carrier, submit a list of firearms that you'll be bringing - the cap will be four, for most nations - and remember you can only carry 11 pounds of ammo on most flights, so leave the .45s home.  Expect to pay a bit for the extra baggage. The Euros can sell you excellent shotshells which are perfect for the task.

Do the paperwork in advance, and it will be no more work than getting the temporary EU visa which will be required, starting in 2024.

A significant percentage of the folks you will run into speak at least passable English, some even better than I do.  And cowboys are cowboys, wherever you go.  Be polite and follow the cowboy way, and you'll find a very warm cowboy welcome.

I hope to have an article in the upcoming Chronicle.

Cheers,

FJT

12 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Gee, most of them talk funny.

Doch!  Das stimmt nicht!   SB  :D

13 hours ago, Equanimous Phil said:

Thanks for the video, it was fun to watch!

Our club has planned to participate but unfortunately, we were too slow with the registration... Looking forward to the Philippsburg Star next season :) Is there already a date announced?

Next German Championships „Phillipsburg Star“ are from August 5 to August 9 2024.

I can almost still understand German, many words sound familiar.

Excellent video and a big thank you for sharing it.

Agree meeting and becoming friends with the people is what makes this shooting sport special!

Thank you for sharing!  Great video!

Archived