SASS Wire Forum

Gen Z Workers

Texas Lizard

Makes one wonder...And we are leaving world to them....

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/gen-z-gets-wakeup-call-real-world-works-success-handed-says-young-professional

I think this says it all..The last part of article..

Even more concerning, a whopping 49% of business leaders and managers surveyed said it is difficult to work with Gen Z all or most of the time due to lack of communication skills, effort, motivation and even technological skills.

I am glad my kids are past this point...

Texas Lizard

• Like 2

Although it's a tiny sample, in my shop at work I have several Gen Z'ers who outwork several of our Millennials by about a 1000%. So there IS hope. A little at least.

And in all honesty the one Baby Boomer we have left outworks us all.

Edited by Dantankerous
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My grandson worked at a Valvoline lube shop in Las Vegas and finally made manager of his own shop.  Long hours, no AC (in Vegas) bucking heavy loads, and breathing exhaust fumes.

He recently gave them notice and is going to go to UNLV to get a bachelors degree in nursing......with a nearly limitless future.  It took him a long time to make the decision and I gotta tell you...I'M SO PROUD OF THAT KID I COULD BUST!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

I'm damn proud of my kids. Excellent work ethic. But I've met some truly stupid ones too.

I believe parenting has a lot to do with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

My son graduated college last May and currently has his first class of 6th graders. He has 29 of them in his class in Elgin, IL, and he says he enjoys it.

I talked to him the other night and he says things are a bit tight ($), but he is going to be OK. Most of his problems are left over from the lady he moved in with during his last year of college and they broke up and he ended up with most of his credit cards maxed out.

I am proud of him and he has shot several matches, but he says right now he has too much going on do any shooting with me.

0715171847a.jpg

Edited by Maddog McCoy SASS #5672
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

My son graduated college last May and currently has his first class of 6th graders. He has 29 of them in his class in Elgin, IL, and he says he enjoys it.

I talked to him the other night and he says things are a bit tight ($), but he is going to be OK. Most of his problems are left over from the lady he moved in with during his last year of college and they broke up and he ended up with most of his credit cards maxed out.

I am proud of him and he has shot several matches, but he says right now he has too much going on do any shooting with me.

0715171847a.jpg

I’d be proud too.

Just an aside: maxed credit cards may be a lot cheaper than other alternatives. Been there, done that, assumed her debts, counted my blessings and moved on before she and I could change our minds and really begin to wreck outlet lives.

• Like 5

Gen Z is from 1990 to 2010, most of them seem okay that I’ve encountered, it’s this generation now that I worry about! Gen Alpha

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Family/gen-meet-gen-alpha-generation-born-2010-today/story?id=68971965

My grandson is 20-ish. I can’t always understand when he talks, never could though. But he’s a smart kid and diligent worker, in his third year at WPI, studying robotics. When he was working at Best Buy, he bought a 3D printer and played with that for awhile.

• Like 1