SASS Wire Forum

Happy Ruger Day

Pat Riot

Well, heck. I dealt with a migraine all day yesterday and it has left me worn out today, or I would've gone out and shot both of mine.

6 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

IMG_3047.jpeg

That's purty!

7 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

IMG_3047.jpeg

I like your 10/22 Rye. I have seen mostly photos of the “Mannlicher” or fully stocked 10/22s. Actually, I did see one at Bass Pro in their used gun display case a year ago. They had a price of $1200 on it. I passed rather quickly. It must have sold. It was gone a month later. 

My latest Ruger acquisition. I like this gun more every time I shoot it. 

Ruger SFAR .308

IMG_5773.thumb.jpeg.dd4588cb3e909a43c1efa2ccffa37a54.jpeg

I was going to post a photo of my 10/22. I have had it over 30 years. Oddly, I don’t have a handy photo of it. 

58 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I like your 10/22 Rye. I have seen mostly photos of the “Mannlicher” or fully stocked 10/22s. Actually, I did see one at Bass Pro in their used gun display case a year ago. They had a price of $1200 on it. I passed rather quickly. It must have sold. It was gone a month later. 

$1200?? Holy smokes! I paid $300 for this from a friend about a year ago. Wow! Maybe I should give him more money! On second thought nah! :lol: 

Never had a 10-22.  Wish I did... but I do have nine other Rugers.  Does that count?  

Hope I'm not done.  :)

43 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Never had a 10-22.  Wish I did... but I do have nine other Rugers.  Does that count?  

Hope I'm not done.  :)

18 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

No, those don't count.  You are required to buy another Ruger.

Oops.  Make that ten.  I forgot about the Bearcat.  ^_^

image.jpeg.76c1941ccf2ee1569c98f9ae644ccf20.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L said:

Pat, those Vaquero grips look like they're made out of the same wood as my 10/22 stock.

I got those from Altamont. I like the way they look on stainless steel. 

I bought my first 10-22 back in '74 for $50 (from the same guy the sold me his 1911 for $75).

This one was stolen during a burglary in 1983 ... returned by LCSO in 2017.

image.png

Just now, sassnetguy50 said:

@PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L is that picture as it was returned to you?  It is in amazing shape for being stolen for 34 years.

Yes.

A few "dust bunnies" in the barrel, but otherwise well taken care of.

It had been recovered within a year but i had moved a number of times.
Notifications had been sent to the (by then unoccupied) rural street address.

Someone in the Sheriff's office eventually sent a registered letter to my PO box.

27 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I recognize that couch

I just tried out the ruger backpacker 10/22.  I love it.  

I was too lazy to take another picture of it. :lol:

I have a Ruger 10-22 also but it was free!

One day my neighbor asked me if I threw away some guns about a year before. I thought that was a very odd question and replied that I had not. Well, he found two rifles in his trash back then and asked me if I wanted them as he did not want guns around with the grand kids. Of course I said yes. One was a 10-22 with a pretty beat up stock and the other was a Crosman BB gun. 

We lived in a gated condo complex and no one on our street was into guns (except me) so we could not figure out where they would have come from. My first thought was "stolen" and then dumped so I contacted a fellow SASS member that was retired from the Sheriff's department to see if he knew someone that could check to see if it was stolen. It came back clear so I had another rifle!

Later a friend's wife saw a fancy stock at Cabela's for her 10-22 and he gave me the synthetic stock that was on her rifle. So now I have a nice looking 10-22.

My last Ruger acquisition was my Alaskan 44 mag.
I really do like that piece... it fits perfectly in my hand, and equally well in a GFI Kenai chest holster.

I don't own the 10/22, but instead own the 77/22 and Henry Frontier, which is a very sweet shooter.

If Ruger ever releases the 1894CB in 44 mag and octagonal barrel, that will be a Ruger Day for me.
I'd like an 1894 that will shoot full house 44 mag (my Uberti 1873 will not), and hold 10 in the tube magazine.

[ edit ]

I still own my Dad's old 22 semi-auto.
This one went down with him when the California was sunk at Pearl Harbor, so it has extensive salt pitting.
But... it still shoots, and I still have it in the safe.
It was my ground squirrel gun in the early 60s, along with a Remington #6 falling block SS.

I got bored this AM and started kicking rifle tires.
My buddy has a JM 444 Marlin he will part with.
Then I started looking at the Marlin 450 which is one seriously stout gun.
Last, came the new Ruger 1895 SBL in stainless plus Ruger manufacturing improvements.

Any of the above is a "hole-in-the-head" gun, cuz I need one like a hole in the head.
But it sure is fun to kick the tires.

Archived