SASS Wire Forum

Bees

We have been fighting ground nesting wasps at work. Flame, wasp spray and Sevin dust. If it was at my place I'd use gas and tannerite too.

If they are actually honey bees, leave ‘em alone!!

Honey bees are threatened right now and should be treated with care!

You can contact a professional bee keeper and he’ll probably be very happy to collect and move them for you!!

Wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, and other stinging insects should be eradicated with prejudice!!

5 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

If they are actually honey bees, leave ‘em alone!!

Honey bees are threatened right now and should be treated with care!

You can contact a professional bee keeper and he’ll probably be very happy to collect and move them for you!!

Wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, and other stinging insects should be eradicated with prejudice!!

Sweat bees. In shrub(s) next to the outdoor faucet. It’s them or me. They’re TOAST! 

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Sweat bees. In shrub(s) next to the outdoor faucet. It’s them or me. They’re TOAST! 

Ah, sweat bees, yellow jackets, little buzzy bastages with bad attitudes. Hate those little suckers. 

If it was honey bees I would recommend calling a bee keeper. They can easily remove the bees and be happy too. 

Those little stingie ones deserve chemical laced petroleum products. 

5 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

Spray em with soap water

THIS ^^^^

Friend is allergic to wasps and bees. He had a large red wasp nest in the hedges by his house.  Typical wasp sprays were ineffective because they couldn't get past the foliage.  I used an Ortho Tree and Shrub Spray-ette filled with a 50/50 mix of cheap liquid laundry soap and water. The stream will shoot 20 to 25 feet and easily penetrated the hedges standing 10 feet away.  In no time at all the wasps were dead or dying and the soap didn't hurt the hedges or house siding.

Also a lot cheaper than wasp spray.

pic1.jpg

I'm allergic but usually just a 'localized reaction'. 

Got popped by a sweat bee on back of the hand my senior year of high school.  Got my class ring off in time since the swelling stopped at my elbow and the doctor was worried about the skin of my fingers was going to split. 

Yellowjackets are just as bad based on what happened about 20 years ago. 

Wasps and hornets are something I avoid like the plague. The neighbor gets a 6 pack for every one he takes care of for me.

If you have wasps, here is my choice for dealing with the little %^##@*&%^3'

Two choices, depending on your budget and how big the nest is!

Flamethrower 1500.jpg

Flamethrower 900.jpg

My guess if they are nesting in shrubs, its probably not honey bees.

IN the shrubs, probably wasp.

At the base of the shrub in the ground, probably yellow jackets.

DONT wait till tomorrow.   Get them at night.   It will be much safer for you.

..........Widder

I had a nest in the bottom of my siding at the corner of my house. I tried 3 different kinds of sprays and finally called an exterminator. He got rid of them! 

Archived