SASS Wire Forum

Feinstein passes at 90

Rye Miles #13621

The Dems are talking about AOC or Meghan Markle as a replacement for Feinstein ! Just when you thought it couldn't get worse!:o

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

It wouldn’t do to forget her, but most of us would certainly like to!

We should absolutely remember her. We wouldn't want to make THAT mistake again.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The Dems are talking about AOC or Meghan Markle as a replacement for Feinstein ! Just when you thought it couldn't get worse!:o

I don't think either one of them live in Ca. Don't worry though, they'll find somebody nutty enough to suit their tastes.

30 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

We should absolutely remember her. We wouldn't want to make THAT mistake again.

I don't think either one of them live in Ca. Don't worry though, they'll find somebody nutty enough to suit their tastes.

Meghan and Harry live in Santa Barbera California 

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Oprah or Meghan Markle.

See?  That's why you don't say things like that. Demon Murphy takes it as a challenge.

I mean no disrespect to the late senator even though I disagreed with her on just about every subject.  But I couldnt get this song out of my head when I heard the news of her passing.

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!

Now we just need to get rid of the other Witch. Nancy!

5 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Here ya go, Folks....:  :mellow:

New Senator

Her qualifications:
"
Butler currently leads EMILY’s List, a political action group committed to electing pro-abortion Democratic women. "

"Ms Butler has also worked as director of public policy at Airbnb and as a union leader."

The union is SEIU.

43 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Her qualifications:
"
Butler currently leads EMILY’s List, a political action group committed to electing pro-abortion Democratic women. "

"Ms Butler has also worked as director of public policy at Airbnb and as a union leader."

The union is SEIU.

Not surprised ! We knew he was going to go with a real lefty ! 

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

She’s left of Feinstein.

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The ideology was a given. 

No matter who Newsom chose, someone was going to be unhappy (in some circles, that is a synonym for, ‘offended’). 

I wonder what favors Newsome can call in now, based on his choice. 

Getting to appoint a senator has to be like a political golden ticket for a governor to stick in his hip pocket.

Meh, unless she runs for election next year I don't expect her to accomplish much.  She'll be the most junior senator in Congress and  doesn't have the deceased seniority, political clout and favors owed.   She will be viewed as a lame duck since currently she'll only be in the Senate for about 13 months.

It's unlikely she'll end up on any of the really important committees and probably only chair some of the really unimportant committees.

What I think this does is get Newsom support down the road for when he tries to run for President.

1 hour ago, Chantry said:

unless she runs for election next year

Unless it was part of whatever deal was struck with The Gav, she'll run.   If she doesn't it will be admitting that she has no place in the US Senate and that her appointment was nothing but political theatre to advance The Gav.

If she runs, she'll win.  If the GOP manages to get a candidate on the ballot, that person will be cast as a racist misogynist who is against "women's health."

14 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Unless it was part of whatever deal was struck with The Gav, she'll run.   If she doesn't it will be admitting that she has no place in the US Senate and that her appointment was nothing but political theatre to advance The Gav.

If she runs, she'll win.  If the GOP manages to get a candidate on the ballot, that person will be cast as a racist misogynist who is against "women's health."

Bingo!

49 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

It could also be a ploy to gum up the works for Schiff, Lee and Porter who want the seat. If either of them had been appointed, they’d likely have been a shoe in for election. I don’t know why he’d do that, but perhaps there’s some skulduggery past, present and future. 

5 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

It could also be a ploy to gum up the works for Schiff, Lee and Porter who want the seat. If either of them had been appointed, they’d likely have been a shoe in for election. I don’t know why he’d do that, but perhaps there’s some skulduggery past, present and future. 

PERHAPS!?!? The most likely scenario is that having an appointee in place gives him a lacky because she owes him.  

3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The chances of a Republican winning that Senate seat next year are only slightly higher than me winning 50 million dollars in the lottery

18 minutes ago, Chantry said:

The chances of a Republican winning that Senate seat next year are only slightly higher than me winning 50 million dollars in the lottery

Sad, but true.  But I worded it the way I did because that is a chance that there will be no GOP candidate on the November ballot.  The screwed up way CA changed its primary elections makes it possible that only Democrats are on the general ballot.  From Ballotpedia:

HIGHLIGHTS
  • California utilizes a top-two primary system. In a top-two primary system, all candidates are listed on the same ballot. The top two vote-getters, regardless of their partisan affiliations, advance to the general election. Consequently, it is possible that two candidates belonging to the same political party could win in a top-two primary and face off in the general election.

Archived