SASS Wire Forum

Beauty In The Ears Of The Beholder - Add Your Own

Calamity Kris

S’more Sly!

Maybe more appropriate for the Aussies right now!  :lol:

• Thanks 1

I had the pleasure of meeting these guys a few years ago.  We were playing a little shotgun joint in Ft. Payne, Alabama and one of the guys wives/dates came up and asked if the guys could sit in.

We’re pretty cautious about who we let get on stage with us. It can be really bad in a number of ways. Mark, my partner and guitar player did a little checking and said okay.  

We had just put together a couple songs that could really use horns and they knew them both and several more off of our song list.

They played a whole set with us, about an hour, and thanked us profusely when we took our break. They stayed for the second set, just to watch and listen and dropped some tip money in the bucket before they left!

It was a great night and a better experience!

• Like 2

Looks like my health issues are up and at it again.  Can’t let it get me, but I’m…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Duane Eddy ald Ray Stevens 

• Like 1

This is them in 2019 

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

Not a country fan but this tune is great, Patsy Cline was a terrific talent. Old Willie wrote this song.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Another from a playlist ... earmuffs and music are grand when the wife is watching something on TV, I'm chasing after the Sheriff or his young on the keyboard, and I don't need the inane distraction of whatever's on the tube!

• Like 2

The Tonight Show Band doesn't get nearly enough credit.  As a side note both Doc and Tommy Newsom were both very funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chantry said:

The Tonight Show Band doesn't get nearly enough credit.  As a side note both Doc and Tommy Newsom were both very funny.

My 2 sons and I were at the Tonight show in 1992. That band is awesome. To hear them live is a real treat. 
Elizabeth Taylor and Micheal Douglas were guests and some first time comedian. Great show!!

My son was a co-writer on this song, he made some good $$$ on this tune.

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

Brought to you from a full-grav exercise chamber somewhere under the Martian surface, where a certain pale eyed Sheriff is letting her badger out against simulated, very effective training golems ...

• Haha 1

Story of my life… B)

• Like 1