SASS Wire Forum

Beauty In The Ears Of The Beholder - Add Your Own

Calamity Kris

:ph34r:  No musical contribution because I'm too computer ignorant to know how to post one, but I REAlly want to thank Calamity Kris for starting this thread and everyone who's contributed to it for broadening my musical horizons and encouraging hours spent down a most enjoyable rabbit hole.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Calam!! You mean this one!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Calam!! You mean this one!

That was interesting.  Thanks.  NRBQ does it with kind of a swing vibe.  It's a lot of fun to listen to.  If you should find it, you 'll enjoy it.

I was in love with them then…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Such talent and enthusiasm.  There is a YouTube clip of Robert Plant watching this video during a radio interview and he was full of happiness and admiration.

Edited by Chantry

Greg Lake - Still You Turn Me On

From one of ELP's Greatest albums.

Brain Salad Surgery

image.thumb.png.ed50f1b8aafdf6bc751e6d6709ac6a9e.png

Y’all should put on the headphones and pour your favorite beverage for this one!!

I saw ‘en do this one a few short years ago, just before Gregg passed away and it was as fresh as when it was first recorded, fifty some years ago!  Kick back and enjoy!!

One more for good measure!!

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You know this is a good thread when I'm scrolling throuh these and I want to jump up and down, fists in the air, screaming "YES!  YES!  BY THE SACHEM AND TEN LEFT HANDED SAINTS, YES!!!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Linn!  You can thank/blame Calamity Kris for this one!!

IT WAS A FANTASTIC IDEA!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

You know this is a good thread when I'm scrolling throuh these and I want to jump up and down, fists in the air, screaming "YES!  YES!  BY THE SACHEM AND TEN LEFT HANDED SAINTS, YES!!!"

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Linn!  You can thank/blame Calamity Kris for this one!!

IT WAS A FANTASTIC IDEA!!!

I have enjoyed this thread immensely. With every song, I associate a memory with it...some good, some not so good, some long hidden and some with some regret...but all with a nostalgic retrospect. 

Thanks Kris!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 11/23/2023 at 1:05 PM, Cypress Sun said:

I have enjoyed this thread immensely. With every song, I associate a memory with it...some good, some not so good, some long hidden and some with some regret...but all with a nostalgic retrospect. 

Thanks Kris!!

That's very sweet of you.  Thanks.  I've really enjoyed seeing/hearing what other folks listen to.  It broadens my horizons as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’VE BEEN COOPED UP FOR TOOOOO DAMNED LONG!!

A little more Blues…

When that pale eyed Sheriff Willamina grips the octagonal, cast iron dumbbells and uses them as handles when she's doing push-ups -- when she's driving herself, utterly without mercy, sweat dripping from her face, a thousand ghosts riding her shoulder blades and tearing at her soul --

This is the music she has beating at her from truly massive speakers on either side of her living room.

• Thanks 1