SASS Wire Forum

Tumbleweeds Shoot Out - EOT Warm Up at Tombstone, Az - still have room for a few shooters!

Too Tall Bob

Jan. 4 - we still have room for shooters!  

EOT is just 2 months away!  

Here’s a chance to warm up those guns, get rid of the misses, tune up your transitions, harass and heckle your friends and have fun in Tombstone, Arizona before the “Big Match”

The TUMBLEWEED SHOOT OUT (we finally gave it a name) gives you the chance to do all of that - February 23 and 24, 2024 at the Tombstone Livery just outside of Tombstone, Arizona.  Tune up your guns on the range and then go and tune up your attitude in town!  Then, you have all Sunday for a leisurely trek to Phoenix.

The “SHOOT OUT” is 2 - 1 day cowboy action matches.  Day one is on Friday Feb. 23rd and day two is Saturday Feb 24th.  Come and shoot 1 day or both days.  This is a no frills match; no awards, no whining, no meals, no t-shirts or vendors - just shooting for the fun of it and a chance to harass your friends.

An application is attached with pertinent information for your perusal.  If you have any questions feel free to contact me.  And yes - you can shoot the category you have selected for EOT!

Edited by Too Tall Bob
  • Like 2

• Too Tall Bob changed the title to Tumbleweeds Shoot Out - EOT Warm Up at Tombstone, Az

Bob, 

My app for Saturday will be In the mail tomorrow. 

Jax T

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

I thought I'd help Too Tall Bob he already has to May bumps. 

On his Head

You're welcome 

Hells Comin 

I feel them all - especially the ones from all that nickel brass you kept throwing at me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2023 at 2:21 PM, JohnWesleyHardin said:

Are both days the same match?

You can shoot Friday or Saturday or both. When scores are sent out there is a page for those who shot only Friday, a 2nd page for those who shot only Saturday and a 3rd for those who shot both days. We try to shoot the 1st 6 stages on Friday and 2nd 6 on Saturday. That way results are balanced. Hope this answers your question. 

Edited by Too Tall Bob

• 1 month later...

NO THRILLS?????  Always thrills and fun at match.  And even more on Allen Street (favorites such as Big Nose Kates, Doc Holiday's, Crystal Palace, and  Four Deuces).

We're in for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

You can if you like I suppose as Az is an open carry state. Most folks just wear their cowboy/girl duds when they go into Tombstone and leave their cow-person guns at home. 

Edited by Too Tall Bob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Choctaw Jack said:

Just wonderin'.......

Are match shooters allowed, or even encouraged, to "go heeled " in town after the match?

Askin' for a friend.

Choctaw

As TTB noted, many shooters go to town dressed up. 

If you go "heeled" be aware that many establishments in Tombstone are posted "No Firearms". This includes Big Nose Kate's and The Crystal Palace. 

BS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Time to BUMP for this excellent match.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Kid Rich said:

Hey Bob when ya goin ta get it ta warm up in the mornin down there?

kR

Before the end of the year!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mudflat Mike, SASS #20904 said:

Great shoot and Nellie Belle and I will be there, even though the match director is a bit------sketchey:P

Well, at least Nellie Belle is nice……..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

C'mon now Bob ya told me that yer ownself.

kR

Yes, yes I did admit that Mudflat is a little sketchy. It all has to do with that hat he wears I think. 

• Haha 1

On 12/25/2023 at 10:14 PM, Too Tall Bob said:

Yes, yes I did admit that Mudflat is a little sketchy. It all has to do with that hat he wears I think. 

Don't be talking about hats now.  MM has a very nice, OK maybe sketchy :unsure:,  hat.  Not near as attractive (sketchy?) as mine of course. :)

Note: At TSRA End-of-year Old Fort Parker match I announced encouragement to shooters headed out to EOT early to give you notice they want to shoot Tumbleweed.  Hope your phone is ringing with more "we're coming" messages. 

• Thanks 1