SASS Wire Forum

Start calling them on it…BS gun prices on forums

Pat Riot

Just now, sassnetguy50 said:

May I ask how many rounds you've put through it?  Any frame stretch or cylinder gap growth?

A few hundred with no issues. That said they were not +P rounds but target rounds. Much cheaper to practice drawing and hitting center mass with target ammo. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

You are the first person I have heard give their revolvers a good review. I am glad you found a good one. 

There is at least one person that will say the Yugo was the finest car he ever owned.

We had a loudmouth who used to shoot with us, and he brought a friend into the game. The friend needed guns for his family, so Loudmouth approached me about buying some. I quoted him some prices, and he replied with something like, "Oh, b******t, I know you didn't pay anywhere near that much for them" - he's right, but when I bought them 15 years ago, decent used Vaqueros could often be had for under $300. He told his friend, "C'mon, we're not buying anything from this crook, I know where we can get some of those for under $400"... I pulled out my wallet and offered him $500 for every one he brought me. He didn't bring me any. :lol:

I've also always wondered what a person means when they post a "want to buy" ad, and specify, "must be reasonable" or "must be affordable". I guess if you have a pair of .357 SASS Vaqueros for sale and they only have $900 to spend, they expect you to "be reasonable" and take a thousand dollar loss, because that's "The Cowboy Way"... :lol:

Another shooting related issue where people constantly lie or are living the the 1960's is the cost of reloading.  One of the favorite questions on many reloading sites is "how much does it cost to reload a box of shotgun shells?"  With the cost of buying components NOW it is around $7 to $8 bucks a box.  Some nitwit will always come on and say their cost is on $2.37.  If they will even answer questions on how this can be the typical answer is "I found a half a bag of crusty oxidized shot at one garage sale, a box of primers with 67 primers still in the box at another, an opened can of forty year old Red Dot that was at least half full and some 50 year old Alcan wads I found at an estate sale."  In this day and age no one can reload a box of shotshells for $2.37.  PERIOD!

Just curious about how to price guns, 

Do you guys look at a % off new

Do you look for value?

What's the criteria of a good deal?

Not a "steal" but a good deal?

Like a have a Jerry Miculek .45ACP wheel gun.

It was $980 new when I bought it.

Shot maybe 50rnds through it, what's it worth?

Certainly not $500 ...Certainly not $980.

What makes it solid priced?20230428_165854.thumb.jpg.4afdd4e92686560dfd95410d51716540.jpg

Check on Gunbroker in their Advanced Search function for completed sales. That will tell you what guns are actually selling for.

20 minutes ago, One Gun Jimmy said:

Do you look for value?

What makes it solid priced?

It looks like $980 is achievable. Four 625 JM's on Gunbroker have sold in the past two months for $999.99, used + $31.99 shipping, $980.00, used + $40 shipping, $1100.00, used + "actual shipping cost", and $1025.00, new-old-stock + "actual shipping cost".

4 hours ago, One Gun Jimmy said:

Do you look for value?

What makes it solid priced?20230428_165854.thumb.jpg.4afdd4e92686560dfd95410d51716540.jpg

It depends, are you going to list it on gunbroker, sell it to a friend or trade it in at a gunshop? 
And it might be worth 980 if they have went up since you bought it. Just depends on the market. Look at what TP was worth just a couple years ago 

4 hours ago, Bo B. Fetterman said:

Does the 625 have a lock? No lock and rainbow grips would go for more. 

What the hell are rainbow grips?

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

It depends, are you going to list it on gunbroker, sell it to a friend or trade it in at a gunshop? 
And it might be worth 980 if they have went up since you bought it. Just depends on the market. Look at what TP was worth just a couple years ago 

Jesus....I just went on gun broker...

They have went up lol

Buy now of $1469 and $1799

Only three...one says there "rare"

Have to admit I've never seen another one.

Might have to find a pard with some cash or stainless SAAs lol

True value puts the private party at $1221

8 hours ago, One Gun Jimmy said:

Jesus....I just went on gun broker...

They have went up lol

Buy now of $1469 and $1799

Only three...one says there "rare"

Have to admit I've never seen another one.

Might have to find a pard with some cash or stainless SAAs lol

True value puts the private party at $1221

I wish I could justify the cost of one. I would love to own a 625 JM. I shot one a couple of years ago and fell in love. Then the silliness happened and it all went downhill from there. 

I am not sure it will happen but I hope at some point Gun Prices dip back down to a more reasonable level. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I wish I could justify the cost of one. I would love to own a 625 JM. I shot one a couple of years ago and fell in love. Then the silliness happened and it all went downhill from there. 

I am not sure it will happen but I hope at some point Gun Prices dip back down to a more reasonable level. 

Got any stainless or other silver colored cowboy guns....might be able to hook you up hahahah

6 hours ago, One Gun Jimmy said:

Got any stainless or other silver colored cowboy guns....might be able to hook you up hahahah

Oh so tempting, but I only have two and I kinda need those. ;) But thank you very much. 

IMG_0411.thumb.jpeg.b0492ce8c8f8d9d3ecc4052c26bcc1a6.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Oh so tempting, but I only have two and I kinda need those. ;) But thank you very much. 

IMG_0411.thumb.jpeg.b0492ce8c8f8d9d3ecc4052c26bcc1a6.jpeg

Ow those barrel won't fit in my trunk any way hahahaha

Good looking shooters you got there tho

Budget PSA AR-15 complete uppers are pretty robust.  Iraqveteran8888 did full auto torture test on a high end AR-15 uppers & high end full auto class 3 dealer sample 100% US parts AK47.  They borrowed an M-4 lower from a dealer to run the AR-15 uppers.  They had a picnic table piled high with std. capacity mags & 60 round drum mags to run the full auto endurance tests.  The result was the PSA upper ran almost as long as the expensive upper & the AK47 didn't fair any better.  The AR's ran until the gas tube burst.  The PSA upper had AR-15 gas block & plastic handguard.  The handgurad was in flames way before the gas tube burst.  The high end upper had an aluminum free floating handguard.  That upper had the same failure mode as the PSA upper.

My 1st AR build was an AR-10 in 2014 using high end parts.  Since then I have built 3 AR-15's from stripped lowers.  One Anderson & two PSA's.  One of the PSA's is a Biden "Dog Face Pony Soldier" limited edition.  It's tricked out with a Fostech Echo II binary trigger & Law Tactical folding stock adapter.  The cost of the trigger & the folding stock adapter was as much as high expensive uppers.  When I am realty pissed off, I load up a Magpul 60 round drum, 2 Smizer 60 round stick mags & a couple of std mags.  Then screw my Banish 30 can on it & walk to my range & punish the six 3/8" AR500 1/2 size targets.  It is great & relieving stress.

12 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Ooh, they have them in stock! Thanks, but I gotta wait. I made a promise…

I gotta quit doing that. 

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Ooh, they have them in stock! Thanks, but I gotta wait. I made a promise…

I gotta quit doing that. 

Someone once told me it’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission. But he might’ve also been divorced :) 

Archived