SASS Wire Forum

Milk and Bread Alert

Milk and Bread Alert Levels

With our first round of winter weather approaching this weekend we think it is a good time to go over our Milk and Bread Alert levels or M&B levels.

M&B Level 1: is issued when there is the possibility of wintery weather such has extreme cold (below 20) and minor amounts of precipitation (water for those of you listening in Alabama). A level 1 can affect driving in some low lying areas and roadways shaded by trees.

M&B Level 1 actions: Check milk and bread supply to ensure freshness and ability to consume.

M&B Level 2: is issued when there is a good probability of accumulation which will effect driving on all roadways. School cancellations and road salting occur during this time. The duration of the level 2 will depend on temperature.

M&B Level 2 actions: Check/restock milk and bread supply. One gallon and loaf should suffice. Purchase at your convenience.

M&B Level 3: is issued when accumulation is guaranteed at a level that will severely inhibit travel for those not used to driving in snow/ice conditions. Schools and some business will close and this will last a few days. Power loss for some is possible.

M&B Level 3 actions: Stop what you are doing, go straight to the closest grocery store, and buy double the milk and bread you think you need.

M&B+E (Milk & Bread plus Eggs): This is our most severe category. This level is only used for ice storm/blizzard type events. Expect civilization as we know it to cease to exist under a blanket of ice. Roads closed. Extended power outages. Roving bands of White Walkers are to be expected.

M&B+E actions: This alert should be issued if all possible a few days prior to the event. Upon notification all milk and bread should be purchased in the tri-county area. Eggs should be acquired by any (legal) means necessary. You should expect

all human decency to vanish on roadways and at the grocery store.

This has been a quick guide to our M&B Alert levels. As always we strongly encourage you to monitor a reliable source for weather information.

We will wait until the forecast firms up for accumulation before we issue our alert.

snow road.png

LOL I see the Face book Karens during out last storm STAY HOME umm Ladies and I use that term loosely. If I stay Home you have no water , Food  ect . I went to work all last week then drove on backroads to feed Livestock . Now they cry that stores are out on Milk eggs and meat ect . I open My freezer and decide ribeye or Filet  Dont cry to me about  no milk :)

Never understood the panic buying of bread & milk, they must have their priorities wrong.  It's chocolate, coffee and alcohol you should be buying, those are the real necessities.  

8 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Never understood the panic buying of bread & milk, they must have their priorities wrong.  It's chocolate, coffee and alcohol you should be buying, those are the real necessities.  

And if things get really bad, I can do without the chocolate and coffee....

LL

2 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

That's the base.  Still need the cinnamon at the very least.  Some microplaned orange zest and the juice of an orange make it pop.

Enough Eggnog it wont matter :) 
Cinnamon and nutmeg I have plenty daughter  kept telling I need some I have plenty now LOL

10 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Milk and Bread Alert Levels

With our first round of winter weather approaching this weekend we think it is a good time to go over our Milk and Bread Alert levels or M&B levels.

M&B Level 1: is issued when there is the possibility of wintery weather such has extreme cold (below 20) and minor amounts of precipitation (water for those of you listening in Alabama). A level 1 can affect driving in some low lying areas and roadways shaded by trees.

M&B Level 1 actions: Check milk and bread supply to ensure freshness and ability to consume.

M&B Level 2: is issued when there is a good probability of accumulation which will effect driving on all roadways. School cancellations and road salting occur during this time. The duration of the level 2 will depend on temperature.

M&B Level 2 actions: Check/restock milk and bread supply. One gallon and loaf should suffice. Purchase at your convenience.

M&B Level 3: is issued when accumulation is guaranteed at a level that will severely inhibit travel for those not used to driving in snow/ice conditions. Schools and some business will close and this will last a few days. Power loss for some is possible.

M&B Level 3 actions: Stop what you are doing, go straight to the closest grocery store, and buy double the milk and bread you think you need.

M&B+E (Milk & Bread plus Eggs): This is our most severe category. This level is only used for ice storm/blizzard type events. Expect civilization as we know it to cease to exist under a blanket of ice. Roads closed. Extended power outages. Roving bands of White Walkers are to be expected.

M&B+E actions: This alert should be issued if all possible a few days prior to the event. Upon notification all milk and bread should be purchased in the tri-county area. Eggs should be acquired by any (legal) means necessary. You should expect

all human decency to vanish on roadways and at the grocery store.

This has been a quick guide to our M&B Alert levels. As always we strongly encourage you to monitor a reliable source for weather information.

We will wait until the forecast firms up for accumulation before we issue our alert.

image.png.524842f079dfae24ab115bb92cf94349.png

5 hours ago, Chantry said:

A gallon of milk and a loaf of bread is just right.

By the time they run out, everything has melted and it's in the 60's again.

In North Carolina two inches of snowfall meant a run on grocery stores. The aftermath in the bread and dairy sections looked like looters had just hit a computer store. 

In Southern California any adverse weather meant a run on beer, tortilla chips and salsa. Extended bad weather meant a run on the above products with hard alcohol and bottled water added. 

In Oregon the prediction of bad weather sent everyone to grocery stores to socialize and laugh about last years bad weather. If the weather got really bad people moved from the parking lots and walkways into the store. 

33 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

In Oregon the prediction of bad weather sent everyone to grocery stores to socialize and laugh about last years bad weather. If the weather got really bad people moved from the parking lots and walkways into the store. 

Pretty much still works that way in our part of Oregon (way east of Portland).

Growing up in San Diego County I don't remember any runs to stock up for bad weather, not that there was much except for fog.

In N. California the only thing that made people stock up was the stupid run on paper goods, bottled water, and cold/flu meds at the start of COVID.  

Archived