SASS Wire Forum

Mountain Men…Ultimate Marksman

Old Man Graybeard

Watching it for the third episode. Seems like it could be a lot better than it is. Not sure what would improve it…but the way it’s done now just doesn’t really do anything for me. Maybe if they used cowboys and Mountain Men instead of modern type shooters…or if it’s just the way they are setting up the scenarios. Hope they get it figured out.

Glad you're watching!  Everyone involved is hoping there will be a second season, and that Colby (who spent FIVE seasons hosting Top Shot) and myself will have some greater input on the challenges and the competitors.

It's intended to showcase weapons from the Mountain Man era, but that is  just the jumping off point.  And, in any case, it's great to have a firearms themed show on the air, pushing back against the skewed liberal view of firearms.

Cheers,

FJT

Some period clothes would go with the period guns.  Shorts and T shirts with muskets doesn’t work in a visual medium.  It doesn’t enhanse the theme.

Null N. Void

All stages undergo proof of concept testing before the competitors engage them.  And here are the credentials for your hosts: https://www.history.com/shows/mountain-men-ultimate-marksman/cast

Some intriguing thoughts, thanks!

Cheers,

FJT

6 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

We have been watching it and thinking maybe a few cowboys and girls might liven it up a bit. It is interesting. I used to do a bit of that stuff in the past.

kR

Buck Sheridan grew up in the Mountain Man genre...

Then he made the mistake of sending me a persknal message asking how he could get involved in CAS and WR.

Look where he is now!!!:wub:

15 hours ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

Watching it for the third episode. Seems like it could be a lot better than it is. Not sure what would improve it…but the way it’s done now just doesn’t really do anything for me. Maybe if they used cowboys and Mountain Men instead of modern type shooters…or if it’s just the way they are setting up the scenarios. Hope they get it figured out.

Hmmmm...I get where you are going, without seeing the show...but knowing you!

I believe we need to step away from the words Mountain Men and focus on the ULTIMATE MARKSMEN.

Mountain men used the tools of the time that they had.

CAS uses the tools of the time that existed from 1885-1889 (for the most part)

This show, I suppose is using any tool thinkable from past to present.

Glad the Mountain Man program has taken this on.

Archived