SASS Wire Forum

How many days to Wednesday?

Alpo

There are these two commercials, and they are just so damn annoying.

Now I don't mind the ones where they talk about how bad the Democrat candidate is and we really need to re-elect the Republican governor.

But there's one in Spanish, and the woman is loud, and her voice is shrill.

Then there's another one. This guy starts talking about how times was bad when he was growing up, because his parents were divorced, and how he had had to sleep in the car a few times, and how terrible it was growing up in a one-parent house. I actually listened to that one all the way through. It was such a good thing that our Republican governor was pushing legislation to make Father's --- do something. That last part that the legislation was going to have the fathers do - I didn't understand what he said. But I didn't want to listen to it again because the background music was just - arrgh!!!

Who dreams up these stupid commercials? And do they really think they work? I have never heard of political commercial that has made me want to vote for the candidate. When I do vote for that candidate, it's always been in spite of his stupid commercials.

God I'll be glad when it's Wednesday and this crap will be over.

I feel your pain, guys. Non-stop, every channel, back to back. One party isn't afraid to tell lies. The bigger the better. They are blatant about it. The other decides which candidate they want to support and since they're mad at Dat-Trump-Guy, any candidate that he supports, they don't. Even if it means they will lose the majority. Again.

Here in AZ we had quite a few propositions on the ballot. Hoo-boy. It took me hours of research, not just the voter books that the county/state (which I've come to find are as crooked as they come) but the interweb makes that easier but. Yeah. Lots of BS out there. It's even worse when the third candidate in a race drops out with two weeks to go when early voting has been going on here for almost a month. How many people wasted their vote? Yeah. That's an old story, too. 

I hope y'all had the time to investigate matters to your satisfaction and didn't just take the "party line" because for the most part, BOTH parties are crooked. Oh, don't go mistaking me for some other body, there's some dang good candidates out there all across the country. If you can find'em through all the chaff that gets tossed up.

Which is why they do that.

Just remember, Tuesday isn't the end. It's simply a trail marker. This ain't done. Not by a longshot.

And, Don't forget........

If you are voting Republican, you go to the polls on Tuesday.

If you are voting Democrat, you go to the polls on Wednesday.

..........Widder

On 11/5/2022 at 10:01 PM, Alpo said:

There are these two commercials, and they are just so damn annoying.

Now I don't mind the ones where they talk about how bad the Democrat candidate is and we really need to re-elect the Republican governor.

But there's one in Spanish, and the woman is loud, and her voice is shrill.

Then there's another one. This guy starts talking about how times was bad when he was growing up, because his parents were divorced, and how he had had to sleep in the car a few times, and how terrible it was growing up in a one-parent house. I actually listened to that one all the way through. It was such a good thing that our Republican governor was pushing legislation to make Father's --- do something. That last part that the legislation was going to have the fathers do - I didn't understand what he said. But I didn't want to listen to it again because the background music was just - arrgh!!!

Who dreams up these stupid commercials? And do they really think they work? I have never heard of political commercial that has made me want to vote for the candidate. When I do vote for that candidate, it's always been in spite of his stupid commercials.

God I'll be glad when it's Wednesday and this crap will be over.

Glad when it is Wednesdaya and its all over?  You mean Wednesday the SECOND day of the 2024 election cycle?  :)

Stupid commercials??  Is there such a thing? I was unaware. :rolleyes:

between the election and the medicare open enrolment period i start wishing i could get just a little of all that money spent on airtime sent to my account , in the meantime i fill the trash bin and turn off the commercials , seriously .............................where does all that money come from ? 

i wish there were NO taxes   no mandated expenses [like insurance] and each person would have to decide and pay for their own way , 

Can't wait for the robo-calls, texts, emails and commercials during the Youtube videos to stop.

Archived