Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Founders Ranch


doc roy l. pain
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Long Hunter SASS #20389L said:

Well I hope the owners success with selling it. None of my business or anyone else what they sell it for. They've always had my back and I'll always have theirs. I dug most of the holes with my tractor for the split rail fence and the loading/unloading tables. Have a lot of good memories with Hipshot, Chisler and Coyote Calhoun at the start of Founders Ranch. The owners of the ranch built a game we can all enjoy or complain about. My choice, the glass is half full, not empty. If there was a way to turn the clock back, I would do it all again. And dang it, I miss my friend Coyote Calhoun. 

 

SASS is in good hands with Misty and she also has my full support.

You did lots of work out there Jim and I know the loss gives you a little sadness.  I have some good memories of times working at FR with you, CC, Chis ,and Hipshot.  I remember cutting those wheels out for the train.  Yea, the circle did not turn out perfect and if anyone looked close a few wheels might look like the train had a flat.  Seeing the Ranch grow was a good thing.  Miss Ann and I saw it before berms were even completed and then the town grew with your store and others.  All very nice.  And the beautiful chapel.  Miss it for sure, as well as CC, and Chis.  And, I don't get to see and visit with you and Hipshot enough.

Hope to see you at Battle at Adobe Walls.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I putty Founders Ranch platinum badge in my odds and ends box!

 

The museum? Hall of fame, etc

 recognitions all are also in there. I could afford them and knew, as an investment banker, that I was putting the cash in the founders pockets, but I loved and still love cowboy action shooting. After all, I got a free lunch at EOT for a few years plus #1 is a Marine!!!

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Unless there are two Ken Amorosano's in this world, Chisler has been the Editorial Director of True West magazine for quite a few years.

 

Also COWGIRL Magazine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187L said:

I thought Founders Ranch was previously sold, did that sale fall through???

 

Yes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is pretty awesome - full of  intrigue, mystery, folk lore, insinuations,  and mischaracterized historical facts.

I'm pretty new to the game (3 years), I've heard most of the lies and some of the truths, and I differ to the Legends on this thread, , but offer the following:

1. It would be great if SASS would 'publish' the official history of SASS. (not a one paragraph marketing-speak, but a 500 page full color tell-all  autobiography)

2. Long Hunter - you are an idol to many of us.  Your original videos have sparked many into the game.  I thought you were a ghost, I am so glad you are here !!

3. MIsty has commented on this thread - so there is proof she does exist and she does read The Wire.  This is cause for celebration, and for many of you to behave !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, T-Square said:

This thread is pretty awesome - full of  intrigue, mystery, folk lore, insinuations,  and mischaracterized historical facts.

I'm pretty new to the game (3 years), I've heard most of the lies and some of the truths, and I differ to the Legends on this thread, , but offer the following:

1. It would be great if SASS would 'publish' the official history of SASS. (not a one paragraph marketing-speak, but a 500 page full color tell-all  autobiography)

2. Long Hunter - you are an idol to many of us.  Your original videos have sparked many into the game.  I thought you were a ghost, I am so glad you are here !!

3. MIsty has commented on this thread - so there is proof she does exist and she does read The Wire.  This is cause for celebration, and for many of you to behave !

Don’t hold your breath.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think SASS is in good hands with Misty and the board. I personally am not curious about the details of SASS history but I know many on here lived it and like to share. With all the media our shooters and clubs are creating to share with the public I think the sport will survive and thrive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mister Badly said:

I think SASS is in good hands with Misty and the board. I personally am not curious about the details of SASS history but I know many on here lived it and like to share. With all the media our shooters and clubs are creating to share with the public I think the sport will survive and thrive.

If you do not know the history and learn from it It could repeat itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, john brown said:

If you do not know the history and learn from it It could repeat itself.

I understand that principle as it relates to things like negotiating with Hitler then Putin and such. The morphing of a business or sport is a bit different as the decision maker/s have that information and are the only people who can act directly on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Correct me if I am wrong.  Misty Moonshine "bought" SASS only?  Is that correct?

If so, then who owns Founders Ranch?

Is it the former Wild Bunch members?  

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Correct me if I am wrong.  Misty Moonshine "bought" SASS only?  Is that correct?

If so, then who owns Founders Ranch?

Is it the former Wild Bunch members?  

Inquiring minds would like to know.

The Wild Bunch owns Founders Ranch, SASS never has owned it. The WB are all getting up there in years and estate planning is probably a top priority.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shot my first SASS match around 1992-3 but didn't belong to SASS.  I wish the Wild Bunch good luck in getting their asking price.  It is going to be a hard markiting place as very few people or companies will be looking for something like that.  It is not in the best venue place to have the traffic to keep it going without an organization backing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.