SASS Wire Forum

McLintock

Subdeacon Joe

And one stupid line. 
“ Even the government should know you can’t farm at 7,000 feet above sea level.”

The farmers here would disagree. :lol:

That movie would set today’s standards and practices people on FIRE!!

AND I LOVE IT!!

I’m evermore tired of the way these old movies are edited and judged to be inappropriate!!

10 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

40 years??? :blink:

Thereabouts.  Watched it on late night television, edited, chopped up with 5 minute commercial breaks.  It made for a very unpleasant viewing experience and turned it into a stupid movie.

14 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

And one stupid line. 
“ Even the government should know you can’t farm at 7,000 feet above sea level.”

The farmers here would disagree. :lol:

I thought everyone in Colorado was a rancher . In Mi if you grow crops , beef , pork etc your referred to as a farmer. When i first moved to CA i was talking to a guy who owned a cattle ranch and referred to it as a farm . He was offend , said he wasn’t no dam farmer he was a rancher :) .

I guess it goes back to the battles between the people planting row crops and the ones raising beef  

12 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I thought everyone in Colorado was a rancher . In Mi if you grow crops , beef , pork etc your referred to as a farmer. When i first moved to CA i was talking to a guy who owned a cattle ranch and referred to it as a farm . He was offend , said he wasn’t no dam farmer he was a rancher :) .

I guess it goes back to the battles between the people planting row crops and the ones raising beef  

The Dove Creek - Cortez area is great pinto bean and alfalfa farming area. And that makes for huge mule deer bucks. 

4 minutes ago, Cholla said:

The Dove Creek - Cortez area is great pinto bean and alfalfa farming area. And that makes for huge mule deer bucks. 

Just like whitetails and the Midwest corn and soybean farmers . Some people refer to them as speed beef 

29 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Pinto Bean Capital of the world. ;)

Might be the Mule Deer capital of the world too.

And other critters…;)….. https://www.dovecreekpress.com/news-lifestyle/dove-creek-mountain-lion-taken-town-local-12-year-old-boy

FA53D229-47BB-43DF-B7CA-8BD170789659.jpeg

BC4C1F8F-A4A1-43ED-B043-04C157104F91.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Pinto Bean Capital of the world. ;)

Might be the Mule Deer capital of the world too.

And other critters…;)….. https://www.dovecreekpress.com/news-lifestyle/dove-creek-mountain-lion-taken-town-local-12-year-old-boy

Yep. We used to live in Mancos. I always wanted to move back but I don’t think it will happen in this life. 

Archived