SASS Wire Forum

.22 ammo at Walmart

Widder, SASS #59054

Local Walmart has been getting some .22 rimfire ammo.

The brand has been Federal in the 325 round bulk pack.

Price per pack is $21.+ pennies + tax.

LIMIT:  ONLY 3 packs.

But, at least its becoming available again.

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I've seen it at my Walmart several times in the past couple of months. Unfortunately it's Federal's Auto Match, and despite being labeled specifically for semi-autos is actually too weak to function in most of my .22s. :angry:

6 gun,

I've experienced the same thing in a S&W model 41.     But in my Volquartsen Scorpions, they work great.

I haven't shot it much in my KIDD 10-22's,  but I have other stuff for them.

I'll probably shoot it mostly in my S&W 617.

..........Widder

The WalMarts around here in the 'burbs don't have any ammo at all! The rural WalMart, about 20 miles from me has some .22's and shotgun ammo and some hunting rounds but no handgun ammo, 9mm. 45, .38 etc.

Walmart has nothing, but the local scheels has lots of ammo.  223/5.56, 9mm, 308, 380,45.  Almost stocked back to a normal looking level.  Got a couple boxes of 380 the other day at $24/box.   Still no primers.   A little brass and powder, quite a few common bullet sizes.  

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The WalMarts around here in the 'burbs don't have any ammo at all! The rural WalMart, about 20 miles from me has some .22's and shotgun ammo and some hunting rounds but no handgun ammo, 9mm. 45, .38 etc.

If I remember right, Walmart stopped selling handgun ammo (except .22's) and, so called, assault rifle ammo a while ago.

If I'm in Walmart, I'll look at the ammo display. It's usually empty. I stopped buying .22 ammo after the last shortage. During that shortage, I checked to see how much .22 ammo I had. I had about 35,000 rounds. That was because every time I went to Walmart, I picked up another 550 box of ammo. It added up after a while. Needless to say, I'm set on .22's for a while.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

If I remember right, Walmart stopped selling handgun ammo (except .22's) and, so called, assault rifle ammo a while ago.

If I'm in Walmart, I'll look at the ammo display. It's usually empty. I stopped buying .22 ammo after the last shortage. During that shortage, I checked to see how much .22 ammo I had. I had about 35,000 rounds. That was because every time I went to Walmart, I picked up another 550 box of ammo. It added up after a while. Needless to say, I'm set on .22's for a while.

This is exactly what I did for a little over a year.  Now I have more than I'm willing to take the time to count.

20 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I've seen it at my Walmart several times in the past couple of months. Unfortunately it's Federal's Auto Match, and despite being labeled specifically for semi-autos is actually too weak to function in most of my .22s. :angry:

Works well in my High Standard target pistol.

Ever since the primer shortage back during the Clinton Administration I made the decision to buy as much powder, primers and ammunition as I reasonably could.  I finally got around to really organizing my supplies and put the .22 shells in a resin/composite cabinet.  One day I heard a 'CRASH" coming from the basement.  one of the shelves in this cabinet split and collapsed.  Luckily all the shells were in bricks and the bricks held together.  Out of curiosity I counted how many shells were on the broken shelf.  It turned out I had 9600 rounds on it!

On 12/17/2021 at 10:51 AM, Cypress Sun said:

I'm set, my kids are set and my grandkids are set. We ran out once when Kaya was a Buckerette. Once. 

Archived