Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Shipping boxes


Sleepy Floyd
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does any body know if I can buy shipping boxes from Uberti?  The Brown ones not the white ones.

Thnks

Sleepy Floyd

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My local gun shop has good used shipping boxes for $2. You might want to check around the local shops and see what they have.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you can't find them locally, ULine will ship you suitable double-wall brown shipping boxes of just about any size.   End up being about $4 apiece.   That's where I get mine when I run out of extras.

 

Uline - here's one size of box that I have ordered, but they have a HUGE catalog....

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-16709/Corrugated-Boxes-Heavy-Duty/10-x-8-x-6-275-lb-Heavy-Duty-Corrugated-Boxes

 

or:

https://www.uline.com/BL_433/Rifle-Boxes?keywords=firearm+boxes

These come in minimum quantity of 15.   But they are great.

 

good luck, GJ

Edited by Garrison Joe, SASS #60708
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

If you can't find them locally, ULine will ship you suitable double-wall brown shipping boxes of just about any size.   End up being about $4 apiece.   That's where I get mine when I run out of extras.

 

Uline - here's one size of box that I have ordered, but they have a HUGE catalog....

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-16709/Corrugated-Boxes-Heavy-Duty/10-x-8-x-6-275-lb-Heavy-Duty-Corrugated-Boxes

 

or:

https://www.uline.com/BL_433/Rifle-Boxes?keywords=firearm+boxes

These come in minimum quantity of 15.   But they are great.

 

good luck, GJ

And shipping can get REAL expensive...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, if you can repurpose a box, do it.  If you can't, new commercial boxes will work for someone who needs a few rather than a few thousand (made to order).   Anyone can look at the prices and see if this works for them.

 

They are much more secure than shipping in a ragged thin 3-times used box held together with a roll of tape.   Which I have received several times, and often with at least some damage.

 

good luck, GJ

Edited by Garrison Joe, SASS #60708
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Well, if you can repurpose a box, do it.  If you can't, new commercial boxes will work for someone who needs a few rather than a few thousand (made to order).   Anyone can look at the prices and see if this works for them.

 

They are much more secure than shipping in a ragged thin 3-times used box held together with a roll of tape.   Which I have received several times, and often with at least some damage.

 

good luck, GJ

If you are going to buy a new box or two for shipping, you are far better off looking for a local packaging supplier than going with ULine. 

 

ULine is NOT set up for very low volume buys.

 

Phantom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UPS will allegedly give you a box. I did see golf club boxes in their customer service center that could be trimmed down for a long gun. I don't know which service it would require to get a "free" box, or if that even a thing. Lowes, U-Haul, and Home Depot all sell boxes.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 2:57 AM, Sleepy Floyd said:

Does any body know if I can buy shipping boxes from Uberti?  The Brown ones not the white ones.

Thnks

Sleepy Floyd

 

How about contacting Uberti direct and ask them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I now buy two different size boxes so I can double box long guns. Worth the extra money for the extra strength. Also started splinting weak wrists with lath strips. Make them work hard to break your stuff.

Edited by Dusty Morningwood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Probably be expensive... Being that they're in Italy...

 OP wanted to buy "shipping boxes from Uberti".  Who else would have them but Uberti?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

 OP wanted to buy "shipping boxes from Uberti".  Who else would have them but Uberti?

True...can't argue that!

 

Guess he can look at importing them :lol:

 

Or maybe call Taylor's...or Cimarron...or Dixie Gun Works...???

 

Phantom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If this is REALLY about getting an inner, factory marked box,  I would not dream of asking Uberti or a major distributor to supply an inner box that has Uberti markings.   First, it implies to a potential gun buyer that the original factory box has been preserved in perfect condition. And hoping to add value on a firearm sale by having what might look like an "original box."  By supplying a replacement box that was not original to the firearm.  Second, I strongly doubt Uberti ships extra empty gun boxes to distributors anyway.

 

Maybe it would be possible to get such a box from a distributor if they have a few laying around, either unmarked or with another gun's serial number.  Would not be authentic to the original gun.  Without the matching serial number and model information that is placed on the box at the factory, any serious collector would see through the ruse of having a non-matching box.  It may not affect a firearm resale value to have a replacement factory part, but a replacement "factory" box - hmmmpf.

 

Why would someone bother?  

 

good luck, GJ

Edited by Garrison Joe, SASS #60708
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

If this is about getting an inner, factory marked box,  I would not dream of asking Uberti or a major distributor to supply an inner box that has Uberti markings.   First, it implies to a potential gun buyer that the original factory box has been preserved in perfect condition. And hoping to add value on a firearm sale by having what might look like an "original box."  By supplying a replacement box that was not original to the firearm.  Second, I strongly doubt Uberti ships extra empty gun boxes to distributors anyway.

 

Maybe it would be possible to get such a box from a distributor if they have a few laying around, either unmarked or with another gun's serial number.  Would not be authentic to the original gun.  Without the matching serial number and model information that is placed on the box at the factory, any serious collector would see through the ruse of having a non-matching box.  It may not affect a firearm resale value to have a replacement factory part, but a replacement "factory" box - hmmmpf.

 

Why would someone bother?  

 

good luck, GJ

Yer making a hell of a lot of assumptions there.

 

Also, if one deals with repairs, they often have replacement boxes.

 

Also...also, I think anyone that's a "Collector" would appreciate a correct box over no box at all.

 

So...who really cares?

 

Phantom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried Uberti, said the would contact the seller as they cannot send anything to private parties.
Dixie Gun Works thought I was havin an issue with the 1860, so I explained.  I was told to keep searching UPS and other sites for  box that will fit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you just looking for a box to ship pistols in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've bought the cheap Hard Shell rifle cases from Walmart for $20 and used them for shipping. Of course I wrap them with plenty of tape, but they hold the gun very well and  have done a good job. I've never yet found any buyer that was reluctant to pay for the case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 1:57 AM, Sleepy Floyd said:

Does any body know if I can buy shipping boxes from Uberti?  The Brown ones not the white ones.

Thnks

Sleepy Floyd

 

 

It might help is you explained what you want the box for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That last comment reminded me of a story of when my wife was about 8 years old.  She was selling Girl Scout cookies.

 

The lady ask," What are they for?"

 

She was shocked and answered, "To Eat!"

 

 

To an 8 year old - such an obvious answer!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought a pack of 15 rifle boxes from Uline, cost me $3.77 each total.  I do not remember for sure, but I think you get get fewer, but of course at a higher unit price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Doc McCoy, SASS #8381 said:

I bought a pack of 15 rifle boxes from Uline, cost me $3.77 each total.  I do not remember for sure, but I think you get get fewer, but of course at a higher unit price.

How much was shipping?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 10:26 AM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

How much was shipping?

I don't remember the breakdown.  The $3.77 included shipping.

(just found your question!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Doc McCoy, SASS #8381 said:

I don't remember the breakdown.  The $3.77 included shipping.

(just found your question!)

So...you have an account with them and buy in volume?

 

I buy very little through ULINE directly since shipping is pricey...unless purchasing very large quantities.

 

Phantom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is the one and only purchase I have ever made from them.  15 boxes is the minimum purchase for 8x4x54" box.  Rounding off a bit it's $39 plus $20 shipping.  That's right now as I just checked the website to see if it had changed in the year since I bought mine.  It's now $3.72 each.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.