SASS Wire Forum

Me...a Baker???

21 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Me, personally, I would have not frosted that yellow cake before I tried to bake it. :)

Now...it was supposed to be home made BROWNIES!!!

At the end of it all, I had a bunch of goo in the pan...and the pan.looks like it was stucco'd!!!

My first apartment, my first appetite for chocolate cake.

Instead of acting like I had good sense and walking down to the general store for a Hostess cupcake, I decided to bake one.

No Crisco to grease the pan, so used bacon grease.

No flour to flour the pan, so used pancake mix.

Assembled and mixed ingredients.

Dispensed ingredients into pan.

Baked under laboratory conditions -- precise temperature dial placement, timed to +/- 10 seconds of recommended time.

I extrated a chocolate brick from the oven.

There was a two square inch area in the very center that was edible ... if you soaked it in coffee first.

Murdered it out of the ancient square pan, leaned it against the burning barrel in the back yard, where it remained for half a year.

Not even the starving neighborhood dog would touch it.

Finally, when the township came through and emptied all the burning barrels into the township dump truck, the inedible Chocolate Brick was finally disposed of!

7 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

My first apartment, my first appetite for chocolate cake.

Instead of acting like I had good sense and walking down to the general store for a Hostess cupcake, I decided to bake one.

No Crisco to grease the pan, so used bacon grease.

No flour to flour the pan, so used pancake mix.

Assembled and mixed ingredients.

Dispensed ingredients into pan.

Baked under laboratory conditions -- precise temperature dial placement, timed to +/- 10 seconds of recommended time.

I extrated a chocolate brick from the oven.

There was a two square inch area in the very center that was edible ... if you soaked it in coffee first.

Murdered it out of the ancient square pan, leaned it against the burning barrel in the back yard, where it remained for half a year.

Not even the starving neighborhood dog would touch it.

Finally, when the township came through and emptied all the burning barrels into the township dump truck, the inedible Chocolate Brick was finally disposed of!

Oh boy...I feel your pain!!!

Now, now...cut yerself some slack, Miss Sue. 

You have a groom that is still there, and kids, and grandkids that idolize you, (as do we here on the S.A.S.S. website), and they would not be there if you could not rustle up some good tasty chow. That picture you posted beats  the looks of some of the chow I had in the military, let me tell you. 

Everybody that has ever lived, and that has cooked, has made some mistakes. I cooked a pound cake, when I was ten, and when it came out of the oven, it was completely hollow inside. Just an outer shell. My mother was scratching her head over that one, 'cause she guided me on my cooking quest that day. 

For my money, I figure you could cook a cow patty, and I bet it would taste good. :D  

6 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Now, now...cut yerself some slack, Miss Sue. 

You have a groom that is still there, and kids, and grandkids that idolize you, (as do we here on the S.A.S.S. website), and they would not be there if you could not rustle up some good tasty chow. That picture you posted beats  the looks of some of the chow I had in the military, let me tell you. 

Everybody that has ever lived, and that has cooked, has made some mistakes. I cooked a pound cake, when I was ten, and when it came out of the oven, it was completely hollow inside. Just an outer shell. My mother was scratching her head over that one, 'cause she guided me on my cooking quest that day. 

For my money, I figure you could cook a cow patty, and I bet it would taste good. :D  

I can cook...reason Shanley no longer weighs 135 lbs!!!

I told Shanley that this was not the first time in 22 years I have cleaned the oven...it is the SECOND!!!!

(I am not a housekeeper, either!!!)

Yup, a new oven would be nice...but as long as this old girl still heats...she stays!

16236240226626582037948650282918.jpg

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Cypress...it was nothing but goo!!! Never even formed a crust!!@

Ooh Goo Burnt Pan. I've had that dish plenty of times.

Use my "recipe" get in the car, drive to the market, buy your bakery goods ready to eat, take it home and lie about making it yourself.

Except southern chess pie.  I make that from scratch (except for a Pet Rich frozen pie shell.  I can do that myself but the Pet Rich is as good and a dang sight easier) and have ribbons and trophies no end for putting together such a wonderful pie.

NOTE: lay in a supply of insulin before you make it.

21 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Pour that goo over ice cream! Preferably chocolate. And then cover with chocolate syrup! Now that's eating!

I hate waste...so I did try to make small 'praline' candy...

Nope...it turned to chocolate chewing gum!!! YUCK!!!!

Archived