SASS Wire Forum

South Carolina SASS???

Rancho Roy

My wife and I simply need to get the heck out of the house. We want to hook up the travel trailer and head south from Massachusetts. Would like to spend some time in SC. I see a number of clubs hosting shoots. Would we be welcome or are there limits on attendees during the pandemic? Are the dates and times listed in the SASS website accurate?

Are there and big matches scheduled in the area for March? NC, SC, GA?

Any advise on camping also would be appreciated. We will be hauling our 20' travel trailer.   We dont mind "Driveway Camping".....if available.

Thanks in advance!

Rancho Roy / Reno Browne

Thanks in advance!

South Carolina Clubs

https://www.carolinacowboys.us/vb/forum/match-results/150814-south-carolina-cowboy-clubs#post150814

North Carolina Clubs

https://www.carolinacowboys.us/vb/forum/match-results/150813-north-carolina-cowboy-clubs#post150813

The clubs generally shoot year around.   I'd send an email to check to see if they are not shooting, which is usually weather related.  If you're in the area and want to know for sure who's shooting, send me a message here and I'll get back to you.  I generally shoot somewhere every weekend.

In South Carolina we are observing common sense precautions such as limiting the number of shooters at the loading table.  Some folks are wearing masks.  

The board of the Greenville Gun Club (home of the Greenville Gunfighters) announced this week that all matches are suspended until at least March 1.  We shoot on the 4th Sunday so unless the board changes its position we will not have matches in January and February.

If you can stick around till April, the S.C. state match is the 2nd weekend.  Then head up to Manchester Ky for the State match the 3rd weekend and then over to Alabama for the state match the 4th weekend.  

A man could attend all 3 of them back to back to back state matches if’n he’d have a mind to!

Kajun

All of the SC clubs are open with the exception of the Greenville Gunfighters. I'm with Palmetto Posse and we shoot the first Saturday of the month and Y'all are welcome to join us. We're keeping posse numbers low and limiting the loading tables to 2 shooters at a time. Registration opens at 8:30. Safety meeting at 9:45 and first rounds downrange at 10:00. If you're looking for decent camping in the Columbia area I would recommend the campground at the Barnyard Flea Market in between West Columbia and Lexington.

• Barnyard RV Park
  • 201 Oak Drive
  • Lexington, SC 29073
  • (803) 957-1238

COME ON DOWN!!!  The SC State Match is April 8-10!  Www.SCstatematch.com

gonna be fun!!! 

Palmetto Posse - 1st Saturday Gaston, SC

Moonshine at Dark Corner 1st Sunday 1pm Travelers Rest

Belton Bushwhackers 2nd Saturday Belton, SC

Hurricane Riders 3rd Saturday, Gallivants Ferry SC

Savannah River Rangers - 3rd Sunday, Gaston, SC

Givhans Ferry Gunfighters, 4th Saturday, Ridgeville, SC

Greenville - 4th Sunday - closed til March 1.

not any “big” matches except for the state match but we ALWAYS have a BIG TIME when we get together! :D

Hope to see y’all!!

Hugs!

Scarlett

This is a great place to shoot as you can shoot every weekend and twice on some weekends!  Scarlett listed the locations in SC, and there are also matches near (sorta) Atlanta, Charlotte and Asheville...Columbia area would be a good place to try and centralize.  But there are other great areas around that you may want to explore for the weekdays when you aren’t shooting  like Charleston, Savannah, Asheville, Greenville...all nice towns with lots to do (even during COVID, just not as much as before) :-)

If'n you had a mind to wander a bit further south the Ides of March is a pretty good match and happens to be the State match. Camping nearby.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:30 AM, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

In South Carolina we are observing common sense precautions such as limiting the number of shooters at the loading table.  Some folks are wearing masks.  

The board of the Greenville Gun Club (home of the Greenville Gunfighters) announced this week that all matches are suspended until at least March 1.  We shoot on the 4th Sunday so unless the board changes its position we will not have matches in January and February.

Sadly this is true. The board likes to over-react in these situations. We are the only club doing this in the state.......nothing to be proud of. 

Archived