SASS Wire Forum

In case your like me and never have seen one of these.

Ace_of_Hearts

This makes a lot of sense to me. I recall having a discussion with a bunch of guys after a Cowboy match about shotgun design and someone mentioned a sideways opening shotgun, but no one knew anything more about it than the mention of seeing a photo and a small article about one. 

Pretty neat shotgun, Ace. Thanks. :)

21 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Cool how it only ejects the fired shells.  

Not very practical if you are a lefty.

As someone who is right handed and left eye dominant I shoot long guns from my left shoulder and I don't find that gun impractical for a lefty, you just have to make sure that you don't eject the shells at your face, which applies to O/U and SxS shotguns as well.  The side lever is almost perfectly placed for use by the left thumb.

On edit:  I read an article about that gun and would love to own it, but I'm too poor to afford it.  There are some really interesting shotgun designs out there that use two barrels but don't open like a conventional O/U or SxS.

59 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I always liked the Darne double gun with a sliding breech.

I have a 12g Darne. A bit slow to shoot, but always a crowd pleaser.

I've also got a Fox Patent Sideswing 10g that makes it to a match once in awhile.

Just spotted this. Probably a bit pricey for Cowboy shooting. And whacking off the barrels and coning out the barrels might seem a bit of a sin.

https://www.guns.com/news/2018/07/23/beretta-exhibits-a-stunning-side-by-side-custom-shotgun-in-all-black-photos

Archived