Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arkie Lee

Merced County Sheriff's post on FB from yesterday

Recommended Posts

 
 

A MESSAGE FROM SHERIFF WARNKE

It has come to our attention that there has been some rumors about a letter sent to the State of California and if it was actually authored by Sheriff Warnke. Well, we are here to tell you IT WAS and you can read it below.

My “Official” stance regarding this is explained as follows;

When this Pandemic first came to light and our nation took the stance to “shelter in place” I was skeptical but supported any effort to protect our citizens from this disease. This included having to deal with a local church pastor who defied his order. As time marched on, it became very apparent that decisions were being made on what “could happen” but hasn’t come close to the “predictions” that are being fed to our citizens. “We are going to peak within the next two weeks!” This has been the battle cry for two months. I even went so far as to secure equipment to house all the bodies that were to overrun my county due to COVID based on what was being reported out of the Governor’s Office. Guess what, it still hasn’t occurred. You know what “could happen” each day? Car crashes, airplane crashes, food poisoning, LE getting ambushed, and I could keep going!! But we as citizens continue to face these “could happens” each day. The world is a very dangerous place and we face it daily knowing the risks. But here in America, we decide what chances to take based on any risk factor and that includes going to work as a cop for the last 41 years. The Constitution gives us that right. I doubt that the Governor would ever take a job where the dangers are as constant as they are in my CHOSEN profession. But I, along with millions of men and women do this every day knowing the risks. Nobody has the right to dictate what risks I’m going to take when I leave my house and this includes an elected governor. If I go to a business and I feel that the risk is to high, I can make a choice whether or not to do business there. And this includes getting a haircut or getting a routine dental checkup.

When Governor Newsom took to the airwaves and then singled out a county because they didn’t follow his orders and treated them differently, it became obvious to me that this whole lock down was based upon him being able to have control over the citizens of this state. He is treating this state’s counties as he has claimed to be treated by the President in the very recent past. That statement also pointed out that different counties have different issues and should be treated independently and not covered under one blanket. That statement is a fact whether or not there is a pandemic. He is using the Public Health director as his authority in an attempt to maintain control over the citizens based solely on what “could happen” keeping in mind that the PH Director reports directly to him. Governor Newsom now threatens the different local jurisdictions regarding funding if they don’t follow his orders. Didn’t he sue the President for holding funding due to him defying the President’s orders? Our current situation is reflective of a short statement I recently read that seems to fit here; “If the barn yard were to hold an election, the cows, chickens, pigs and horses would vote for the hand that feeds them. Even though that same hand will eventually lead them to slaughter” Hmmm. That’s what is happening here in this state and possibly other states. Economic slaughter is what we are facing because of his continuous behavior to keep this nation’s greatest state economy from thriving. The majority of the citizens are on the verge of a state wide revolt because they are losing the possibility to regain their businesses because of the tremendous financial loss they suffered. I truly believe that Governor Newsom’s motivation is to have the majority of the citizens (and illegal residents) dependant on governments assistance so he could maintain this control once this “pandemic” is declared over. This is being caused based upon a crisis he himself has caused in this state based on a declared pandemic on a virus that should have been dealt on a completely different level. The CURE should not be worse than the disease.

So, the answer you are looking for is this. I WILL NOT be taking any enforcement action in this county for any of the COVID-19 “violations”. As the Governor has also directed the Sheriff’s to release felons onto our streets and LE in general to completely disregard the safety of our citizens by not allowing most felons from even being booked but then wants us in LE to arrest people for standing closer than 6 feet or worshiping their religious beliefs in a building. My decision is based on the Constitutional Rights afforded our citizens and I as the Constitutional Law Enforcement Authority in Merced County, I am here to uphold them. The citizens themselves can make informed decisions on how to proceed and protect their lives and livelihood and not the Governor of a state. Remember that the people elected a governor, not an emperor.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only this was a gubernatorial election year in this state...  Newsom would likely be history.

 

Sadly, the populace has a collective short memory.  When he comes up in two years today's world will be a dim and well-spun memory.   :(

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standing ovations for the sheriff !!!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for this  Sheriff, I hope more follow his lead!     SCJ

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great letter 

remember WE have banned plastic straws  and give out Needles 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

If only this was a gubernatorial election year in this state...  Newsom would likely be history.

 

Sadly, the populace has a collective short memory.  When he comes up in two years today's world will be a dim and well-spun memory.   :(

And the biggest problem is the other party has no candidate to run against the turd.

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our sheriff said the same thing a couple of months ago but in 50 words or less and no reference to our govenor.  Just that it wasn't constitutional and his deputies had more important things to do. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Arkie Lee said:
 
 

A MESSAGE FROM SHERIFF WARNKE

...Remember that the people elected a governor, not an emperor...

 

 

Not necessarily so.  :rolleyes:

 

I believe that the Mister Newsom in fact does consider hisself "Emperor."  Heck... he already refers to California as a "Nation-State."

 

In fact, I suspect that he may be a direct descendant - in mind, if not in the corporeal sense - of San Francisco's loony and legendary Emperor Norton...  and would not be surprised to see ol' Gavin at any time declare himself "Newsom I, Emperor of These United States and Protector of Mexico."  He's already demonstrated the second part!  :huh:

 

Lordy, but I wish I knew how to use Photoshop.  I'd LOVE to see the Gav's face on the old iconic photo of Joshua Abraham Norton...!  :lol:

 

                       Emperor Norton in full dress uniform and military regalia, his hand on the hilt of a ceremonial sabre.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to have a city government job.  There was a supervisor who had risen through the ranks.  His composition skills were, shall we say, weak.  His secretary refused to allow him to send out correspondence before she had a chance to edit and correct the document.  You could always tell if he had made her mad because she would let his stuff go out as written.  It was hilarious.

Well, it looks like this Sheriff must have snuck one by his secretary or, maybe, just really made her mad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the feathers prove he’s a person to take seriously!

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lady High Sheriff of the County of Fresno in the State of California let The Gav have both barrels:

 

Quote

“I’ve heard multiple sheriffs around the nation state they will not enforce their governors’ shelter-in-place orders,” Sheriff Margaret Mims was asked in an interview on the Trevor Carey Show, according to Breitbart News. “Is that your position?”

“That is my position,” Mims responded. “We do not stop the public to find out what they’re doing when they’re not sheltering in place. We don’t ask those questions. We don’t ask if they’re 'essential.' We’ve got our hands full trying to rearrest people that are released due to zero-dollar bail. So we’ve got other things that are on our mind that are more important than stopping normally law-abiding citizens.”

(emphasis added)
Bravo Zulu, Madam, Bravo Zulu.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Margaret's good people.  :blush:   :wub:

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's okay. With all the localized earthquakes we are having in central CA and southern Nevada things underground are getting loosened up for the big shift of the San Andreas Fault or the Columbia Subduction Zone (Oregon / Washington).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

That's okay. With all the localized earthquakes we are having in central CA and southern Nevada things underground are getting loosened up for the big shift of the San Andreas Fault or the Columbia Subduction Zone (Oregon / Washington).

My Mom always said she would have waterfront property after the Big One hit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 2:56 PM, Dirty Dog Doug said:

Great letter 

remember WE have banned plastic straws  and give out Needles 

 

Now, y'all don't be includin' ME in that "WE."  <_<

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

 

Now, y'all don't be includin' ME in that "WE."  <_<

Sorry guess you did not vote to make car breaking a ticket if you only steal $950

or vote to make Heroin legal??

I wonder with so many crimes  now not a crime why my back ground check took 14 days 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

Sorry guess you did not vote to make car breaking a ticket if you only steal $950

or vote to make Heroin legal??

I wonder with so many crimes  now not a crime why my back ground check took 14 days 

 

Nope... I reckon my voting record is prob'ly in synch with yours.

 

And I'm a BIG fan of Sheriff Warnecke, Sheriff Mims, and our own sheriff Varney - three to ride the river with!  ;)

 

By the way - are you a long-time San Leandro resident?  Used to live there, many years past...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 5:03 PM, Arkie Lee said:
 
 

A MESSAGE FROM SHERIFF WARNKE

It has come to our attention that there has been some rumors about a letter sent to the State of California and if it was actually authored by Sheriff Warnke. Well, we are here to tell you IT WAS and you can read it below.

My “Official” stance regarding this is explained as follows;

When this Pandemic first came to light and our nation took the stance to “shelter in place” I was skeptical but supported any effort to protect our citizens from this disease. This included having to deal with a local church pastor who defied his order. As time marched on, it became very apparent that decisions were being made on what “could happen” but hasn’t come close to the “predictions” that are being fed to our citizens. “We are going to peak within the next two weeks!” This has been the battle cry for two months. I even went so far as to secure equipment to house all the bodies that were to overrun my county due to COVID based on what was being reported out of the Governor’s Office. Guess what, it still hasn’t occurred. You know what “could happen” each day? Car crashes, airplane crashes, food poisoning, LE getting ambushed, and I could keep going!! But we as citizens continue to face these “could happens” each day. The world is a very dangerous place and we face it daily knowing the risks. But here in America, we decide what chances to take based on any risk factor and that includes going to work as a cop for the last 41 years. The Constitution gives us that right. I doubt that the Governor would ever take a job where the dangers are as constant as they are in my CHOSEN profession. But I, along with millions of men and women do this every day knowing the risks. Nobody has the right to dictate what risks I’m going to take when I leave my house and this includes an elected governor. If I go to a business and I feel that the risk is to high, I can make a choice whether or not to do business there. And this includes getting a haircut or getting a routine dental checkup.

When Governor Newsom took to the airwaves and then singled out a county because they didn’t follow his orders and treated them differently, it became obvious to me that this whole lock down was based upon him being able to have control over the citizens of this state. He is treating this state’s counties as he has claimed to be treated by the President in the very recent past. That statement also pointed out that different counties have different issues and should be treated independently and not covered under one blanket. That statement is a fact whether or not there is a pandemic. He is using the Public Health director as his authority in an attempt to maintain control over the citizens based solely on what “could happen” keeping in mind that the PH Director reports directly to him. Governor Newsom now threatens the different local jurisdictions regarding funding if they don’t follow his orders. Didn’t he sue the President for holding funding due to him defying the President’s orders? Our current situation is reflective of a short statement I recently read that seems to fit here; “If the barn yard were to hold an election, the cows, chickens, pigs and horses would vote for the hand that feeds them. Even though that same hand will eventually lead them to slaughter” Hmmm. That’s what is happening here in this state and possibly other states. Economic slaughter is what we are facing because of his continuous behavior to keep this nation’s greatest state economy from thriving. The majority of the citizens are on the verge of a state wide revolt because they are losing the possibility to regain their businesses because of the tremendous financial loss they suffered. I truly believe that Governor Newsom’s motivation is to have the majority of the citizens (and illegal residents) dependant on governments assistance so he could maintain this control once this “pandemic” is declared over. This is being caused based upon a crisis he himself has caused in this state based on a declared pandemic on a virus that should have been dealt on a completely different level. The CURE should not be worse than the disease.

So, the answer you are looking for is this. I WILL NOT be taking any enforcement action in this county for any of the COVID-19 “violations”. As the Governor has also directed the Sheriff’s to release felons onto our streets and LE in general to completely disregard the safety of our citizens by not allowing most felons from even being booked but then wants us in LE to arrest people for standing closer than 6 feet or worshiping their religious beliefs in a building. My decision is based on the Constitutional Rights afforded our citizens and I as the Constitutional Law Enforcement Authority in Merced County, I am here to uphold them. The citizens themselves can make informed decisions on how to proceed and protect their lives and livelihood and not the Governor of a state. Remember that the people elected a governor, not an emperor.

Take that Karen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Take that Karen

 

Karen who...?  :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Google Karen’s She always wants to talk to the manager and she’s the neighborhood snitch 

Edited by John Barleycorn, SASS #76982

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.