SASS Wire Forum

Panic in the streets

We had our last night of Bulls Eye Pistol League Wednesday. One of our shooters said he had been to our local gun emporium and they told him that there was almost 4,000 background checks in que., might be a couple of days before his cleared. Pretty crazy.

9 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Having spent most of my growing up years on the Gulf Coast what's happening in the stores now is very similar to what happens before a hurricane, just more drawn out and slightly different stuff being bought. 

Yep, been through this and seen this many times. The only thing different about this for me is that I still have power and A.C.......for now.

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Not if self control or condoms are used.;):rolleyes:

That aisle and the pill shelf is full at every store I’ve seen.  You’d think they would sell.  We are entering the spring rain season.  Don’t they need muzzle covers to keep their new barrels dry?

Hospitals are hiring all the nurse aides they can for respiratory clinic now and will be moving them to maternity for the end of the year.

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

How about the demographic of the customers. First time buyers? Converted liberals? Old timers?

4 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Pretty much the whole spectrum.  A LOT of first time buyers, though.  

That's been my experience over the past week. Many first time buyers. A lot of them without basic understanding of firearms safety, and not really sure of what fit there needs. We've been doing the best we can to advise and explain the basics with other customers waiting, urging them to get to a gun range for some practice time.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Yep, been through this and seen this many times. The only thing different about this for me is that I still have power and A.C.......for now.

The problem, as one of the market employees told me, is that in a hurricane they get resupplied by the other stores outside the disaster area. Now there is no “outside the disaster area” so all the stores are in the same boat. They have to wait for resupply from the distribution centers, who are overwhelmed.

12 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

And the amazing thing is that everybody is stupid! Except, of course, for thee and me....

“and I’m not too sure about thee”  :D

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Have we closed our borders yet?

Yes

It ain’t the Black Plague. But a lot of folks, spurred on by the News media think it is.

I'm part of the Missouri Baptist Disaster Relief team. We respond to natural disasters to assist from mud-outs, chain saw teams, mass feedings, emotional support etc...

Responding to floods, fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, but natural disasters as such. The bosses have keep in contact about coronavirus but mostly don't have what to do for us in responding to something like this. The only suggestion is sharing foods and every day items. Also contacting elderly and make sure they are OK and keeping them supplied and visitations. Something like this really sucks.

But guess what, the sun came out today.

We will survive.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Yeah?  And how many illegals has that effort stopped?

At least half of one percent. That may be a bit optimistic. :unsure:

Archived