SASS Wire Forum

Ba-Dump Tissssh - Memes

Pat Riot

3 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

I hate to tell you guys this but you've been fooled.  I was looking for the LA Times article because I wanted to see what part of LA he was from and I found this:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/gold-member/

I realize Snopes isn't very reliable either but when I couldn't find anything from the LA Times, I have to think they're correct.

Just wishful thinking on my part...

Looks can be deceiving, but in this case, I think his looks tell us all we need to know.

6 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

1709504291205.png.3ca57ffa109f968423c3c13f3e7cc956.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 26.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

Although the COMPTON moustache is rather fetching.  :wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/4/2024 at 6:30 AM, Buckshot Bob said:

image.png.8a9ea9683a55b819e8aafad4f315cb16.png

It still is.

I still do.

TV is only for DVDs, the phone is now a digital pocket gizmo, the floor is covered in vinyl, and the pictures on the wall are real guns, but nothing else is changed, added, or taken away. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Brazos John said:

Just wishful thinking on my part...

Looks can be deceiving, but in this case, I think his looks tell us all we need to know.

See!  God does have a sense of humor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

image.jpeg.56d008f640ddd571d82ed35a1ccaefb8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Alpo said:

That would be a much more compelling photograph if we knew for a fact that it was taken in California.

Gas right now, here, is running right at $3. The highest it's been since Brandon took over is just under 4. And it has been down to real close to 2 several times. So $1.68 ain't all that impressive.

But I have seen comments that California gas is running a close second to British gas. 7-8-9 dollars a gallon.

So if California gas was $1.68, pre-Brandon, and is now 8 or 9 dollars - that would be an impressive statement.

Gas Price History

Nation wide the average price in 2020 was $2.17. For 2023 it was $3.22. That's an increase of 149%.

Here is a chart showing the national average price of gasoline for the last 5 years.

image.png.5538c70ace81ad6372219c16ae6594c3.png

Edited by Sedalia Dave
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Gas Price History

Nation wide the average price in 2020 was $2.17. For 2023 it was $3.22. That's an increase of 149%.

Here is a chart showing the national average price of gasoline for the last 5 years.

image.png.5538c70ace81ad6372219c16ae6594c3.png

Hmmmm, I wonder why.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

22 hours ago, Alpo said:

That would be a much more compelling photograph if we knew for a fact that it was taken in California.

Gas right now, here, is running right at $3. The highest it's been since Brandon took over is just under 4. And it has been down to real close to 2 several times. So $1.68 ain't all that impressive.

But I have seen comments that California gas is running a close second to British gas. 7-8-9 dollars a gallon.

So if California gas was $1.68, pre-Brandon, and is now 8 or 9 dollars - that would be an impressive statement.

image.thumb.png.cf494c062f3638ddf84db78c342a6fd7.png

Where does it say California?

Gas in California in November 2020 was around $3.25 per gallon.  In 2022 here in Sonoma County it got up close to $7, in San Francisco, Los Angeles and some other areas it was close to $10.

Yesterday while we were out and about, i noticed it is close to $5/gallon. 

We haven't seen under $2/gallon in over a decade. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I did not say it says California. I said that if it definitely said California - like California plates on the car or maybe something easily legible on the pump that said California - that it would be a more compelling picture.

50 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I did not say it says California. I said that if it definitely said California - like California plates on the car or maybe something easily legible on the pump that said California - that it would be a more compelling picture.

Um....

"if we knew for a fact that it was taken in California." 

Your wording implies a claim that it was taken in California. 

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

13 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Um....

"if we knew for a fact that it was taken in California." 

Your wording implies a claim that it was taken in California. 

What difference does it make WHERE it was taken? The point is that gas costs a LOT more now than it did 3 years ago!

Here's a chart of gas prices in Tucson from 2020 until now. There's a CLEAR trend. 

G

Edited by Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770
  • Like 2