SASS Wire Forum

Ba-Dump Tissssh - Memes

Pat Riot

9 minutes ago, Alpo said:

meme dog.png

Just because I don’t want one doesn’t mean I’m not going to treat him like family once he’s here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 26.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

On 8/26/2023 at 12:33 PM, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I just watched a video on Youtube from a guy who took an EV double decker bus on a cross country tour. He had factory people from the bus manufacturer and other industry types both with him and in constant contact for support. 

It took him about 3 times as long to make the trip, cost MORE than if the bus was diesel powered, and no end of headaches trying to charge the thing to do it. 

EVs might work for some people, (yes, I'm talking to YOU Subdeacon Joe :rolleyes:), but I can't see owning one. 

I really don't care what type or brand of vehicle anybody drives, so long as they buy it with their own money. What I cannot stand is when joe biden or any other idiotic moron tries to mandate by government fiat what I must buy. 

PF

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

I really don't care what type or brand of vehicle anybody drives, so long as they buy it with their own money. What I cannot stand is when joe biden or any other idiotic moron tries to mandate by government fiat what I must buy. 

PF

I'm right there with you. Drive what you want, I'll drive what I want. Just leave me alone about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

One of the attractions of the EV for many people is home charging,  I don't seen Hydrogen being pumped into every home.

The basic product already is Pard:

H20

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

What "interest reference" did you pull the fossil fuel tax number from?

Try the link.

I have no problem with anyone taking advantage of the subsidies offered -- it's a rational economic decision.

Let's say I realized a pickpocket (the government) had taken $20 out of my pocket (taxes). But suppose that after he took it, he walked around the corner and dropped it on the ground (subsidizing EVs). I would find no fault in someone picking that $20 up -- that's a rational act. 

But I really wouldn't be keen on listening to how great it is to pick up money that pickpockets dropped.

Tellyawhat #1: 'Whatabout-ism' can be such a fun way to deflect, but really -- two wrongs don't make a right.

Tellyawhat #2: Let's end government distortions of both fossil fuel AND 'green energy' markets, and see which one is still around after a year.

Tellyawhat #3: Let's return this thread to its regularly scheduled memes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1