• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

Feng shui.JPG

I think it was around 2004 that then-Assemblyman Leland Yee, later State Senator, and now convicted gun runner, introduced a bill in the California Assembly to require all California offices to be arranged according to feng shui.  I wrote to my Assemblyman vigorously protesting the proposed forcing of religion on the people of the State of California.  Because if it passed everyone entering an State office building would be forced, just by being there, to be a participant in that religious practice.  I got back, in essence, "Well, if they don't know about it, no harm is done." 

Garbage.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

That's a religion?

I thought it was just about arranging the furniture. Like you'd make a garden, and you put the roses over here while you put the lilacs over there and you got the gardenia bushes coming up here and when you're all done it's just nice and peaceful out there in the garden. And I thought that's what you did with the furniture - that arranging it somehow made you feel calmer.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alpo said:

That's a religion?

It's a shamanistic, or semi-shamanistic religion that supposedly influences the forces of nature by arrangement of objects.  Practicioners try to claim it isn't, but if you cut through the double talk it comes down to being a religion.

Sort of like yoga.  People downplay, or outright ignore, the religious underpinnings of it, and even the most benign Department of Parks and Recreation classes in yoga can't completely escape the religious aspects of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4