SASS Wire Forum

This year we're having a 4 stage Josie Wales side match on Thursday morning.  Safety meeting starts at 8:30 am.  We're also adding a Josie Wales category in the Main Match. We'll also have all the normal Speed Side Matches, Long Range and Cut The Rope.

I also hear that Red Knee is coming from Oklahoma to whip Widder in the '97 Speed Match!  Or get whipped by Widder, depending on who you listen to.

Also this year we'll shoot 12 stages in the Main Match!

If you haven't sent in your application don't wait, get it in soon and book your room as soon as possible rooms are getting scarce.

http://www.wartraceregulators.com/StateMatch.aspx

Don't forget "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink" on Thursday. We'll be collecting money for the American Cancer Society. Last year with the help of the Red Knee Challenge, Blue Eyed Drifter, Vix-n with Vaqueros, Mrs. Pleasant, Widder and many others we were able to collect over $7000 last year. This year Chickamauga Slim has challenged us to collect $10,000. This is a bold challenge but we'll try and with enough help we can make it.

I hope to see everyone in 5 weeks and don't forget to wear some pink on Thursday.

Randy

IMG_3839.thumb.JPG.3dcc72afb1f087c99a8b8a2451059cdc.JPG

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plans are to have a Speed RIMFIRE RIFLE side match.

ONE lucky participant in the Rimfire side match will win a BRICK of CCI Blazer .22 ammo   (500 rounds).

So bring your Rimfire lever/pump rifle and ask yeowndangself....."do you feel lucky'?

..........Widder

3 hours ago, Whiskey Hayes #41999 said:

I have also heard a rumor that Slater is bringing several slicked up Henry .22's plus several other guns that will be for sale at the match.

Whiskey

Thanks Whiskey.

Slater  (Slater's In-House Guns) will be a gun vendor this year at the TN State.

At present, he plans to have the following new Henry .22 lever rifles available for sale

at some pretty nice prices.   These rifles will already have the Widder Soft Stroke mods and

Slater's trigger work. 

Golden Boy   

Golden Boy Youth

Classic Youth  (short, round barrel)

Classic Standard  (20" round barrel)

Classic Frontier  (20" Octagon barrel)

Originally, I think he had about 20 of these but about 5 have already been sold or reserved.

He's keeping me busy doing the Soft Stroke mods in them.

If you might be interested in a particular model and want it delivered to the state match, already

set up, etc..... give Slater a call.   It might not be too late for him to order a particular model

and have it ready by October.

Slater's In House Guns:   865 / 591-5129

Other firearms will also be there.

..........Widder  (proud sponsor of the Rimfire Speed Rifle side match)

On 9/5/2019 at 1:04 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Thanks Whiskey.

Slater  (Slater's In-House Guns) will be a gun vendor this year at the TN State.

At present, he plans to have the following new Henry .22 lever rifles available for sale

at some pretty nice prices.   These rifles will already have the Widder Soft Stroke mods and

Slater's trigger work. 

Golden Boy   

Golden Boy Youth

Classic Youth  (short, round barrel)

Classic Standard  (20" round barrel)

Classic Frontier  (20" Octagon barrel)

Originally, I think he had about 20 of these but about 5 have already been sold or reserved.

He's keeping me busy doing the Soft Stroke mods in them.

If you might be interested in a particular model and want it delivered to the state match, already

set up, etc..... give Slater a call.   It might not be too late for him to order a particular model

and have it ready by October.

Slater's In House Guns:   865 / 591-5129

Other firearms will also be there.

..........Widder  (proud sponsor of the Rimfire Speed Rifle side match)

It will be a great time to pick up a super slick .22 rifle and Klassic Laser Works will be there if you want to get some custom stock engraving while you are at it.

Randy

:(

I just got back from SLATER's and was checking over some of the Henry .22 rifles,

and he's got 2 Henry Golden Boy Youth models with consecutive serial numbers.

I don't know if thats rare or not, but he's got em now.   They are NIB and are presently

planned to be at the TN State, with the mods already set up in them. 

Just thought I would share the info.

..........Widder

16 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I just got back from SLATER's and was checking over some of the Henry .22 rifles,

and he's got 2 Henry Golden Boy Youth models with consecutive serial numbers.

I don't know if thats rare or not, but he's got em now.   They are NIB and are presently

planned to be at the TN State, with the mods already set up in them. 

Just thought I would share the info.

..........Widder

Aw man. If I didn't already have one for myself and ordered one for Rowdy Riley I'd snag those. Then we'd have had a matching pair!

10 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Aw man. If I didn't already have one for myself and ordered one for Rowdy Riley I'd snag those. Then we'd have had a matching pair!

Snag them and sell yours, I'll buy the non-consecutive one you already have if that helps.

Randy. Running behind power curve. Mailed my app for main match and Wild Bunch in today. Hope slots still open. Will call Ray for RV slot. Thanks

4 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

They are pretty much a matching pair.

They would make a nice set for a Father/Son or Father/Daughter.      Or, maybe even a couple

grandsons, etc.....

Heck, I thought about buying them for meowndangself and the Bunkhouse Boss husband..... :lol::D

..........Widder

7 hours ago, Major Bill said:

Randy. Running behind power curve. Mailed my app for main match and Wild Bunch in today. Hope slots still open. Will call Ray for RV slot. Thanks

Major, not a problem, we'll be happy to see you.

Thanks

Randy

4 hours ago, ethan callahan said:

I want to make it this year...  Hope to see you all soon.

Ethan, my long lost friend, it would be good to see you also.   Hope 'The Family' is doing well.

You will enjoy this match and the location.   And more likely, the weather will be fantastic

here in TN this time of year.

Safe travels.   And bring your 'A' game because there are some hot shot duelist at Wartrace... ;)

..........Widder

17 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Ethan, my long lost friend, it would be good to see you also.   Hope 'The Family' is doing well.

You will enjoy this match and the location.   And more likely, the weather will be fantastic

here in TN this time of year.

Safe travels.   And bring your 'A' game because there are some hot shot duelist at Wartrace... ;)

..........Widder

You and slater need to make it up to Michigan next year...  I hope I can make it down miss shooting with you two.  Been too long.

On 9/10/2019 at 1:31 AM, ethan callahan said:

I want to make it this year...  Hope to see you all soon.

Ethan, it will be good to see you again. Rumor has it that we have at least 4 guns to give away this year.

Randy

If you haven't signed up, get your entry in, it should be a great match. We have at least 4 guns to give away.

The only Shoot-off I know of that is open to everyone and has 3 categories, Traditional, Gunfighter and Duelist.

12 stages this year for the price of 10.

Thursday is "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink" day so please put on your pink and donate, we'll be collecting money for The American Cancer Society 

Friday Night Dinner on the range (included)

Saturday Night Awards Banquet, Bell Buckle Cafe Banquet Hall (Included)

If you have any problem finding a Motel, try Murfreesboro, 40 minutes from the range but lots of rooms in town.

Hope to see you there!

Randy

Slater, Red Knee and I managed to get a couple rooms in Murfreesboro.   I think it is the

Holiday Inn Garden... or something like that.

EXIT: 76     Right off I-24.

A quick drive on I-24 EAST to exit 97 will take you back to the range.

Safe travels everyone!

..........Widder

8 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

Hey! That place has an indoor pool. Better take yur suit.

They got indoor plumbing also..... and some 'inhouse's, if you know what I mean..... ;)

Must be why they call it the Garden Inn..... :lol:

..........Widder

On 9/11/2019 at 9:36 PM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Ethan, it will be good to see you again. Rumor has it that we have at least 4 guns to give away this year.

Randy

Never been to that range looking forward to seeing you and shooting down there.  Oh ya and winning another gun :) 

17 minutes ago, ethan callahan said:

Never been to that range looking forward to seeing you and shooting down there.  Oh ya and winning another gun :) 

I think you’ll enjoy it and maybe win a gun. 

Randy

I think we are up to 5 attending the RO class on Thursday morning, if you are interested in attending please let me/us know so we will make sure to have enough books and pins.

Should be fun, a great start to a even greater match.

Getting close now, less than three weeks and counting.

On 9/11/2019 at 10:42 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Slater, Red Knee and I managed to get a couple rooms in Murfreesboro.   I think it is the

Holiday Inn Garden... or something like that.

EXIT: 76     Right off I-24.

A quick drive on I-24 EAST to exit 97 will take you back to the range.

Safe travels everyone!

..........Widder

Widder, there are plenty restaurants in the area. You'll be about 4 miles from my house, I'm about a mile off EXIT: 78.

Randy

5 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Widder, there are plenty restaurants in the area. You'll be about 4 miles from my house, I'm about a mile off EXIT: 78.

Randy

I'm sure TN William's will take them to Dairy Queen ;)

56 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Don't forget the Friday night dinner on the range (included) and Side Match Awards. There might be a few door prizes given away.

Randy

IMG_2392.thumb.JPG.9ea40f009362c0f5dcd131667d5dfd6e.JPG

There will be atleast ONE BRICK (500 rounds) of .22 ammo given to a lucky PARTICIPANT

of the Rimfire Speed Rifle Side Match.

Ya just have to shoot it ONCE to qualify.

Rimfire Speed Rifle Sidematch sponsored by:   WIDDERMAJIK

If you've signed up for the main match, 

Bring your favorite lever or pump .22 and have some fun.

Brake out those safe queen Marlin 39's and Winchester 9422's.

If ya ain't got one... you can shoot my Henry 'Soft Stroke'.

And for the youngsters..... you can shoot my Golden Boy Youth 'Soft Stroke'.

P.S. - TN Williams will also have an arm wrestling exhibition.   Watch

him arm wrestle and eat a Nanner Split at the same time..... :lol:

..........Widder

51 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

I'm thinking those warm Moon pies and ice cream from the Bell Buckle are calling my name.

WHEW..... I'm deaf, but I can still sense a faint echo yelling......... PEACH COBBLER..... PEACH COBBLER!

Red Knee will be coming with Christian Hammer again this year.   They both shot the State back in

2017.   I think the Bell Buckle is also on their mind.

P.S. - I think a trip to the Bell Buckle will be the highlight of Red Knee's visit AGAIN this year.

:o

..........Widder

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

WHEW..... I'm deaf, but I can still sense a faint echo yelling......... PEACH COBBLER..... PEACH COBBLER!

Red Knee will be coming with Christian Hammer again this year.   They both shot the State back in

2017.   I think the Bell Buckle is also on their mind.

P.S. - I think a trip to the Bell Buckle will be the highlight of Red Knee's visit AGAIN this year.

:o

..........Widder

Heck, I'll let ya beat me this year if'n your buyin at the Bell Buckle!!!

Archived