SASS Wire Forum

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Red Knee said:

Heck, I'll let ya beat me this year if'n your buyin at the Bell Buckle!!!

Sounds like a Win-WIn situation for me..... :lol:

If you're gonna 'let' me whoop you at the 97 event, you might as well leave your favorite

speed 97 at home.....the one you've named Goober.   :P

Just be sure that YOU and Christian bring your appetite to TN.   I'll see to it that you are fed

super good while your here.

..........Widder

30 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If you're gonna 'let' me whoop you at the 97 event, you might as well leave your favorite

speed 97 at home.....the one you've named Goober.  

It's not "goober", that 97 is "uber"....one that "you " can pay to take a ride with.....you always get my 97's mixed up......jeeeezzzz.

1 minute ago, Red Knee said:

It's not "goober", that 97 is "uber"....one that "you " can pay to take a ride with.....you always get my 97's mixed up......jeeeezzzz.

When your 97 collect consist of enough 97's to arm Geronimo's tribe, its hard to remember all their names.....

:lol:

..........Widder

On 9/19/2019 at 9:27 PM, Red Knee said:

Widder told me you have a real ugly 97 by the name of Mary Grace. I just want to know if you also have one by the name of Gomer. Or Floyd.

TN,

He's got one name 'Barney',  but it only holds ONE shell.

He's got one that come's with a rhyme:

"I may be small

and I may be fast

Ya can't catch me, 

cause I'm Earnest T. Bass"

Hey, I don't make this stuff up.

P.S. - I just hope the Enchantress will awaken from her deep sleep this summer... :o

..........Widder

8 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

TN,

He's got one name 'Barney',  but it only holds ONE shell.

He's got one that come's with a rhyme:

"I may be small

and I may be fast

Ya can't catch me, 

cause I'm Earnest T. Bass"

Hey, I don't make this stuff up.

..........Widder

I'm guessing he has to load that one with rocks?

12 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Widder told me you have a real ugly 97 by the name of Mary Grace. I just want to know if you also have one by the name of Gomer. Or Floyd.

The only 97 from the Mary clan I have is Hail Mary.

Tennessee, don't believe everything the old 97 fumbler tells ya..... he calls all his 97's the same name.

Its the only way I can remember their names..... :lol:

If you open the action and look at the right side of the carrier hanging down, you'll see

that I also have em numbered.

Enchantress #3 and #4 are my normal weekend match SG's and also used at side match speed events

to carry out my light work..... :D

Enchantress #7 and #11 are reserved for big, multi-day matches.

The others stand guard at Fort Widder..... :ph34r:

..........Widder

TENNESSEE STATE TIMES GAZETTE

Well, the news is in. It's going to be a barn burner this year at Wartrace. I just talked to Widder, and he has to rename one of his 97s to "delorean" because he has finally reached his all time goal. He has just run a six shot string in a negative time! Ruling is still pending with the ROC if the flux capacitor he had Curly Bill install in his 97 is a legal mod or not but you can't see it from outside the gun.

The word is, out in Oklahoma they've had reports of several unexplained sonic booms. It could be that Red Knee finally broke the sound barrier loading over the top. I hear through the grapevine, he is using performance enhancing snicker bars to gain an unfair advantage. That is from a less than reputable source of the arachnid variety so keep that in mind.

Your ever truthful reporter, 

Tennessee Williams

Well, its about time somebody spoke the truth..... those Snicker bars are a performance enhancer.

:lol::lol::lol:

Red Knee has a special SG belt with 12 loops.   Ten loops contain 12 gauge SG shells.

TWO loops  contain Snicker bars, about the size of an 8 gauge shell..... :D

..........Widder

Just now, Tyrel Cody said:

Working too much will kill you too, take off and come on!

I missed half a week for Illinois state came back for a week atook off for gunsmoke and im already heading to Idaho in Oct so it would be tight.  If I took off too much they might the idea they don't need me

JEDI EVIL,

You'd be another Pard that Red Knee would have to deal with.  

When you go up against Red Knee, you're going up against one of the true legends of 97 magicians.

He ranks up there with Sante Fe River Stan, Acadia Outlaw, Deuce, Lead Dispenser, Hell's Comin,

Bad Lands Bud, Tater, SideKick, Copperhead Joe,  Missouri Traveler, and a few others whom I'm

not as familiar with.

We give him a hard time.....but its cause he gives it back on the firing line..... :D

If you find a way to get here, you'll be amongst many friends.   I think Billy the Avenger & Taco will

also be here, along with Korupt Karl and Kill R Bea.

The Wartrace Regulators do more than just put on a State Match.  They put on an Event

that memories are made of.

And TN Williams will probably treat you to a Nanner Split  (if there are any left)..... :lol:

..........Widder

Just now, Ringer said:

I just went with what I was good at.:blink:

Well, I wish you had chosen 'bad advice' yesterday instead of shooting.....  :lol:

6 stages, clean in sub 100 ain't to shabby for an old feller.

..........Widder

33 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Well, I wish you had chosen 'bad advice' yesterday instead of shooting.....  :lol:

6 stages, clean in sub 100 ain't to shabby for an old feller.

..........Widder

Shooting like Ringer is over rated. Why he didn't even get a miss, not to mention a P. Aint no way he had time to have fun. What did he average, 15 seconds?

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

You were looking when you found that job weren't you?

Yes but this one lets me build gun parts with the machines and is cool with us making American made 73s

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

JEDI EVIL,

You'd be another Pard that Red Knee would have to deal with.  

When you go up against Red Knee, you're going up against one of the true legends of 97 magicians.

He ranks up there with Sante Fe River Stan, Acadia Outlaw, Deuce, Lead Dispenser, Hell's Comin,

Bad Lands Bud, Tater, SideKick, Copperhead Joe,  Missouri Traveler, and a few others whom I'm

not as familiar with.

We give him a hard time.....but its cause he gives it back on the firing line..... :D

If you find a way to get here, you'll be amongst many friends.   I think Billy the Avenger & Taco will

also be here, along with Korupt Karl and Kill R Bea.

The Wartrace Regulators do more than just put on a State Match.  They put on an Event

that memories are made of.

And TN Williams will probably treat you to a Nanner Split  (if there are any left)..... :lol:

..........Widder

Billy has been talking it up since Illinois and it sounds amazing. I'm going to try sweet talking my boss tomorrow. 

Do you think there is still time to get an app in? 

20 minutes ago, evil dogooder said:

Billy has been talking it up since Illinois and it sounds amazing. I'm going to try sweet talking my boss tomorrow. 

I'm pretty sure there's time, but if your boss gives blessing, call Papa Dave ASAP http://www.papadaveguncarts.com/index.html

and if you need a room there's an air bnb about 30 minutes out that last I heard has a room or two left(big horse farm with a bunkhouse w/private rooms)

8 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Nice! I'm in the market for a new 73 to build. Wish I had a machine at work!

Im finding is a lot harder and easier than I thought.    The gov paperwork is easy.  Finding time to reverse engineer a 73 it's getting hard with all these amazing shoots to go to

1 hour ago, evil dogooder said:

Yes but this one lets me build gun parts with the machines and is cool with us making American made 73s

I sure want to see one when y'all get started making them.  Wish you could come and shoot with us, I'd like to meet you. Maybe another year?

Randy

1 hour ago, evil dogooder said:

I'll get you in if you can make it!

Randy

32 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

No comments from Red Knee?

I wonder what he's up to.   He might be doing that 'P' thing.

..........Widder

He may be adding some Bionics to his '97?

Randy

33 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

No comments from Red Knee?

I wonder what he's up to.   He might be doing that 'P' thing.

..........Widder

Whoa.... you guys do that p thing?     Hey now that's just not right

10 minutes ago, evil dogooder said:

Whoa.... you guys do that p thing?     Hey now that's just not right

Now at Widders age the p thing takes on a whole different meaning......he has to shoot fast in between trips to the "Porta Potty".

Archived