Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Purly SASS # 57438

Tennessee Mountain Mauraders annual Boomtown Roundup

Recommended Posts

Tennessee Mountain Mauraders will have their 2nd annual Boomtown match August 31. This is the 5th Saturday in August.  Belt buckles to category winners. Lunch, give aways, Charly promised ice cream. Match fee $35. All inclusive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m coming.  This is a great match.  Charlie came to Wartrace Aug 3rd.  I had the privilege of being on his posse.  It was hot and humid.  He kept an eye on this old fat man to be sure I was ok.  I can’t thank him enough.  Great shooter but a greater cowboy.

 

Whiskey

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This was a lot of fun last year. Shootin Sharyn and I will be there!

Edited by Captain Bill Burt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'Slater-Widder Road Show' is planning to be there..... :wacko:

 

Now that the ICE CREAM secret has been made public,  Vegas is giving even odds that

TN Williams will be there also..... :lol:

 

..........Widder

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

The 'Slater-Widder Road Show' is planning to be there..... :wacko:

 

Now that the ICE CREAM secret has been made public,  Vegas is giving even odds that

TN Williams will be there also..... :lol:

 

..........Widder

 

Your smart betters will put their money on me being there. Besides this being a great place to shoot with some great stages and people. Ice cream. Widder, we may have to figure up a good side bet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cowboy yard sale. Bring whatever you need to set up with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am planning on going and bringing my son, Red Rooster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put my money in the mail today!  This match only I will offer Sawyer’ Shooting School at half price!  If you haven’t been, YOU NEED TO GO,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sawyer said:

I put my money in the mail today!  This match only I will offer Sawyer’ Shooting School at half price!  If you haven’t been, YOU NEED TO GO,

1/2 price?, man I went through before the discounted rate took effect!   But it would have been worth it at twice the price!!

 

Thanks

Randy

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sawyer said:

I put my money in the mail today!  This match only I will offer Sawyer’ Shooting School at half price!  If you haven’t been, YOU NEED TO GO,

 

I thought it was free? Does that mean you owe me $20?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm coming and bringing Doc Duncan with me.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doc Duncan..... one of the finest and best GFer's in the land.   YEEHAW!

 

..........Widder

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurricane Charly says he is shooting outlaw.  Everything from the hip. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PurlyMan,

can I give you my entrance fee this Saturday or at Mystery Dog next time I see you?

 

..........Widder

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Widder, hopefully I'll see you at Mystery Dog next week. Not able to make it to Oak Ridge Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All for 35$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YEEHAW!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The buckles are here and they look great. 

Max Payne got mine last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear Widder is bringing a whooping to put on somebody. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You got that right boys............ ole Widder is brangin the Whoopin.

 

This Whoopin is gonna be soooooooo big,  even ole Red Knee out in

Oklahoma will feel the shivers.  

Its what an Alabama country boy would call a 'Katie Bar The Door' whoopin.

Here at home, we call it a 'Tennessee Dog Whooppin'.

 

If any of you gunslingers are glutton for punishment, bring yeowndangself to

BoomTown Roundup in a couple weeks.   One of these days, sitting around the campfire

telling stories of days gone bye, you will be able to tell folks YOU WERE THERE

at BoomTown Roundup 2019 when ole Widder flung a Whoopin on everybody.

 

For $35, YOU can become a part of history!  ;)

P.S. - Its o.k. to tell everyone you're only coming for the Ice Cream.   I'll understand.

 

..........Widder

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget the cowboy yard sale and the A R 9 raffle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

You got that right boys............ ole Widder is brangin the Whoopin.

 

This Whoopin is gonna be soooooooo big,  even ole Red Knee out in

Oklahoma will feel the shivers.  

Its what an Alabama country boy would call a 'Katie Bar The Door' whoopin.

Here at home, we call it a 'Tennessee Dog Whooppin'.

 

If any of you gunslingers are glutton for punishment, bring yeowndangself to

BoomTown Roundup in a couple weeks.   One of these days, sitting around the campfire

telling stories of days gone bye, you will be able to tell folks YOU WERE THERE

at BoomTown Roundup 2019 when ole Widder flung a Whoopin on everybody.

 

For $35, YOU can become a part of history!  ;)

P.S. - Its o.k. to tell everyone you're only coming for the Ice Cream.   I'll understand.

 

..........Widder

 

 

 

 

I'll see yore whoopin' and raise you a gris gris! Yamobedere to fling a gris gris on you that yore Grandma's lye soap won't take off! :lol:

 

Krazy (wut hopes to posse wif da Widderhisowndangself) Kajun

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I'll tell ya another thang........... Tn Williams would have better success down in Valdosta

at a Vidalia taste test/song writing competition if he thinks he's gonna whoop up on Capt. Bill Burt ....... :o

 

..........Widder

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I'll see yore whoopin' and raise you a gris gris! Yamobedere to fling a gris gris on you that yore Grandma's lye soap won't take off! :lol:

 

Krazy (wut hopes to posse wif da Widderhisowndangself) Kajun

 

 

Ain't nutting this side of the Mississippi worse than a CoonAss whoopin..... :lol:

Bring is on, Mr Kajun ............ and maybe both of us can witness each others meltdown... :lol::lol:

 

..........Widder

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

And I'll tell ya another thang........... Tn Williams would have better success down in Valdosta

at a Vidalia taste test/song writing competition if he thinks he's gonna whoop up on Capt. Bill Burt ....... :o

 

..........Widder

 

 

Is TW gunnin for me?  It sure would be embarrassing getting beat by a duelist!  Not that it hasn't happened before.  

 

Just as an FYI.  The Iron Cowboy is gettin a bit big for his britches now that he's 14.  He told me earlier that his goal was not just to beat his mother, or beat me, he plans on beating everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Is TW gunnin for me?  It sure would be embarrassing getting beat by a duelist!  Not that it hasn't happened before.  

 

Just as an FYI.  The Iron Cowboy is gettin a bit big for his britches now that he's 14.  He told me earlier that his goal was not just to beat his mother, or beat me, he plans on beating everyone!

 

Encourage him.... and then encourage him more.   

Speaking from experience, ya gotta believe that good, consistent, hard working efforts will help

make your goals become a reality.

Drawing and shooting 10 shots in sub 2 time took LOTS of practice, sore thumbs and cuts that grew into

callous.  

And running 6 on 6 in sub 4 required more than just a strong tail wind..... ;)

Plus, it didn't hurt to have a couple good wrist and elbow wraps..... and a great

97 smith (Curly Bill Kelly) and a near endless supply of SG shells..... :o

 

I wish him all the best.

 

..........Widder

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

And I'll tell ya another thang........... Tn Williams would have better success down in Valdosta

at a Vidalia taste test/song writing competition if he thinks he's gonna whoop up on Capt. Bill Burt ....... :o

 

..........Widder

 

 

I appreciate that Widder. I know I can count on you! For what, I don't know yet. But somethin.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Is TW gunnin for me?  It sure would be embarrassing getting beat by a duelist!  Not that it hasn't happened before.  

 

I'm fast enough to catch you if you mess up, and slow enough to make you look bad when I do!

 

Aint as much fun whoopin up on other one handed shooters like Widder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whooee.  This will be interesting with all the callin out going on.  If Charlie follows through and shoots Outlaw I might just have to shoot this one Gunfighter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Whooee.  This will be interesting with all the callin out going on.  If Charlie follows through and shoots Outlaw I might just have to shoot this one Gunfighter.

Uh oh, Widder. Let me translate that for ya since Cap'n is so soft spoken when Phantom aint around. He is saying he's gonna give you a Georgia butt whoopin in your own category! Cap'n I wouldn't put up with what Widder said if I was you. He said you'd rather have the devil come down to Georgia than have Widder come down there and give you the what for.

   It sure is a good thing yall have me to keep things civil around here.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I need to worry about Capt changing category.   He'll probably be in the Silver SGF (SSGF) category

anyhow.   I'm gonna probably just stick with the young GFer's..... :D

 

..........Widder

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I don't think I need to worry about Capt changing category.   He'll probably be in the Silver SGF (SSGF) category

anyhow.   I'm gonna probably just stick with the young GFer's..... :D

 

..........Widder

 

Oh no you didn't go there!  I'm much too young to be in an elderly category!  I still have all my teeth and I hardly ever have to use a walker.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.