Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Welcome Home, Champs!


Whistlin' Blue

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

 

Read my above post.  Being a lesbian immediately makes you a social justice warrior against the “oppression” of a long line of misogynistic white men back to the beginning...

Pretty wide brush there. Do you even personally know a lesbian?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Pretty wide brush there. Do you even personally know a lesbian?

 

Ive known quite a few. One of them was my mothers boyfriends sister. She had a pretty visceral hatred for men in general. And a pretty poor attitude of the country that supposedly suppressed her....

 

Regardless there are exceptions to every rule. But I think you guys know what I am talking about if you care to admit to yourself. The lgbtq movement is a political movement, no? It even has its own flag!

 

Personally I do not care what goes on in other people’s bedrooms. That’s between them and God. But do not ram it down my throat, or disrespect our country. Love it or leave.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Pretty wide brush there. Do you even personally know a lesbian?

Several, and all seem to be decent human beings. They are not loud, militant or pushy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

respect you and I respect your opinion. And I’m glad you know some who are patriotic. But in my experience with them?  They are anything but....

 

Don't get me wrong,  here in Sonoma County there are plenty of the shrill, vulgar,  demanding types.   But tarring them all with the same brush is just as wrong as saying that all conservatives are racist. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

 

Don't get me wrong,  here in Sonoma County there are plenty of the shrill, vulgar,  demanding types.   But tarring them all with the same brush is just as wrong as saying that all conservatives are racist. 

 

But they do say all conservatives are fascist thugs..... yes? Full circle this is all what this is about with the US women’s soccer team telling President Trump to F off and whatever else.

 

I must have missed the droves of conservative lesbians all standing up and calling them out on their BS? All ten of them? Dude? It’s crickets chirping...

 

There is what should be? And then there is what is...... 

 

And if I was the capt of the US men’s soccer team and President Obama invited me to the White House? I would go! Out of duty and love of country I would do my duty and bite my lip and shake his hand. I may not respect him but I respect the office and our nation.

 

I have nothing against lesbians on a personal level even if they do so with my WASP hind end. But I do have a problem with their political arm. It’s treasonous.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

 

Read my above post.  Being a lesbian immediately makes you a social justice warrior against the “oppression” of a long line of misogynistic white men back to the beginning...

 

Seriously? I only know a few lesbians, but the ones I do know aren't anything like that. 

 

I really feel for the other members of the team that have been caught up in the calamity of one idiot. They all did their part to win the Cup for their team and the USA. I'm feel sure that they are not happy campers with their teammate.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cypress Sun said:

 

Seriously? I only know a few lesbians, but the ones I do know aren't anything like that. 

 

I really feel for the other members of the team that have been caught up in the calamity of one idiot. They all did their part to win the Cup for their team and the USA. I'm feel sure that they are not happy campers with their teammate.  

 

Cool.

 

Yah... I mean it’s pretty obvious their pretty pissed off at her.:huh:

B1B3AEA1-1E14-48CE-A199-81DDFD652ADC.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

 

Cool.

 

Yah... I mean it’s pretty obvious their pretty pissed off at her.:huh:

B1B3AEA1-1E14-48CE-A199-81DDFD652ADC.jpeg

Well, that’s at the moment of victory.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never hugged my quarterback after 6 years of destroying my body to protect him. The guy was a jerk.

 

Im just gonna bow out. Not suppose to talk politics with friends and family.... and I’m way over the line.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

 

 

Im just gonna bow out. Not suppose to talk politics with friends and family.... and I’m way over the line.

 

 

 

 Been there. ;) 

 

GG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rapinoe made it all about her. When you listen to her it's almost always "I" not "we". I heard in NY she was vulgar, threatening to come after all y'all. Declaring "I deserve this" and when asked. said she deserved "everything".  She radiates hate, and arrogance in every interview I saw because I couldn't change the channel fast enough. If you're not in the streets fawning over her every word, then you are an enemy, racist, misogynist, bigoted, whatever label she can think of.  Because of her, and her alone I did not watch or cheer for or be happy when they won.

 

She hurt those on her team who did support the country and its flag. But she doesn't care any more about that than she cares for the country that gave her the opportunity to play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Just showing that in the moment of winning a major championship team members hug because at that moment nothing but the victory matters.

 

 

For some I suppose. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a lot of thoughts, here, and a difficult time organizing them in my head, but here goes.

 

First, I know a number of lesbians and gay men. My wife's brother is gay, and is married. I consider them both my brother-in-law. Prior to our daughters reaching their majority, they were our second choice behind my mother-in-law as guardians in our wills, because we believed they would raise our daughters to be open minded and to think for themselves, much as we attempted to do, and much to the chagrin of my family.

 

The lesbians I know are, by and large quietly going about their lives. I served in the military with a couple, and two are in law enforcement. One of those is more conservative than I am. Are there some that are outspoken and over the top? Without a doubt. And they call attention, often unwanted to others. But here's the thing, social change often involves people putting themselves in the crosshairs. In this day and age, that often means being vocal. It wasn't so necessary in the day of Jesse Owens or later Jackie Robinson, but recall also that Owens saw little for his efforts, and Robinson faced threats and foul epithets on a daily basis. Without a doubt many who were uncomfortable with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. saw him as a far more palatable alternative to the likes of Malcolm X, the Nation of Islam and others.

 

So, what social change is it that these lesbians may want? Well, I can't say, like many others here, I treat others with civility and return the respect they give to me. However, I haven't walked a mile in their shoes, or soccer cleats as the case may be. From the standpoint of soccer, I will say that they might be somewhat angry by the fact that they are head and shoulders above our national men's team in terms of success, have brought money and prestige to the country that the men can only dream of, yet still aren't seen as being fairly compensated in comparison. While it is easy to say they should be playing for the love of the game and national pride, etc..., These are professionals, and spend their lives working to be the best. In the case of the women's team, they continually are. I believe they have reason to be angry and outspoken.

No, I'm not justifying or supporting Rapinoe, her actions or her comments. I agree that she would be apt to bring around far more change by meeting with the people she disagrees with than those she does. She may not change many minds, but if she changes a few, that's a success. As it is, she alienates more than she changes in her favor through her actions.

As for the Dixie Chicks, I believe that is an ill-founded analogy. The Dixie Chicks were on foreign soil, trashing our President and his actions specifically in a buildup to war. If they had said what they did while in the U.S., I would have said it is their right, and I swore an oath to protect that speech. But for me, politics should end at the water's edge. In the case of the soccer players, the politics is personal to them, and they're bringing it home to speak to the public. Granted, in the digital age, everything can be seen internationally, but it seems clear that is not their intent. They want change here, and are doing what they can to influence that. I may not agree with their methods, and perhaps not their message even, but it is their right, and I have never been relieved of my oath.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  This thread has devolved (as many do here) into a pro-gay / anti-gay thing. Stupid. This crap has been argued and debated on the Wire too many times ...I guess another time here is par for the course . Sheesh....

 

GG

Link to post
Share on other sites

My last post on this thread (I’ve said enough) - Found this to be a good read on the situation.... 

 

https://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=WA19G10&f=WU19G05

 
GG
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I have a lot of thoughts, here, and a difficult time organizing them in my head, but here goes.

 

First, I know a number of lesbians and gay men. My wife's brother is gay, and is married. I consider them both my brother-in-law. Prior to our daughters reaching their majority, they were our second choice behind my mother-in-law as guardians in our wills, because we believed they would raise our daughters to be open minded and to think for themselves, much as we attempted to do, and much to the chagrin of my family.

 

The lesbians I know are, by and large quietly going about their lives. I served in the military with a couple, and two are in law enforcement. One of those is more conservative than I am. Are there some that are outspoken and over the top? Without a doubt. And they call attention, often unwanted to others. But here's the thing, social change often involves people putting themselves in the crosshairs. In this day and age, that often means being vocal. It wasn't so necessary in the day of Jesse Owens or later Jackie Robinson, but recall also that Owens saw little for his efforts, and Robinson faced threats and foul epithets on a daily basis. Without a doubt many who were uncomfortable with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. saw him as a far more palatable alternative to the likes of Malcolm X, the Nation of Islam and others.

 

So, what social change is it that these lesbians may want? Well, I can't say, like many others here, I treat others with civility and return the respect they give to me. However, I haven't walked a mile in their shoes, or soccer cleats as the case may be. From the standpoint of soccer, I will say that they might be somewhat angry by the fact that they are head and shoulders above our national men's team in terms of success, have brought money and prestige to the country that the men can only dream of, yet still aren't seen as being fairly compensated in comparison. While it is easy to say they should be playing for the love of the game and national pride, etc..., These are professionals, and spend their lives working to be the best. In the case of the women's team, they continually are. I believe they have reason to be angry and outspoken.

No, I'm not justifying or supporting Rapinoe, her actions or her comments. I agree that she would be apt to bring around far more change by meeting with the people she disagrees with than those she does. She may not change many minds, but if she changes a few, that's a success. As it is, she alienates more than she changes in her favor through her actions.

As for the Dixie Chicks, I believe that is an ill-founded analogy. The Dixie Chicks were on foreign soil, trashing our President and his actions specifically in a buildup to war. If they had said what they did while in the U.S., I would have said it is their right, and I swore an oath to protect that speech. But for me, politics should end at the water's edge. In the case of the soccer players, the politics is personal to them, and they're bringing it home to speak to the public. Granted, in the digital age, everything can be seen internationally, but it seems clear that is not their intent. They want change here, and are doing what they can to influence that. I may not agree with their methods, and perhaps not their message even, but it is their right, and I have never been relieved of my oath.

 

Ok, Sorry but I feel the need to address this.

 

What does being born a certain race and sexual immorality have in common? Nothing! If I was a black man I would take offense to this comparison.

 

In certain parts of the world a pastor preaching from the Bible about certain sins IS considered hate speech. It’s a crime. So what gives? Their version of social justice is that THEIR own immorality WILL be accepted or face the consequences. And it doesn’t end there! Now I must call any man that “identifies” as a woman.... a woman, or face being a bigot? Let’s check their DNA? So now not only must I toss my religious faith in the garbage can? But my logic and reason as well?

 

I don’t claim to be perfect, and I understand that not all Americans are Christians. But don’t push yer beliefs on me? And I won’t push my beliefs on you.... should be our motto. I believe all Americans are entitled to the bill of rights, and religion is a personal choice. A free society cannot exist the way it’s headed in which everyone’s failings become their axe to grind against their fellow human.

 

In MY religion Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed in fire and brimstone. And God’s loyal servant Lot had a wife named Sarah that did not follow God’s instructions to not look back and she did, and was turned into a pillar of salt. The basic tenet of God’s command to humans is to “Go forth, be fruitful and multiply”. Homosexuality and sexual deviance is a sin. Full stop. In order to repent for sin to God you must first admit that it IS a sin!

 

As far as equal soccer pay for women? Of course! But why is that Trumps fault? I think this has a lot more going on than just equal pay.

 

Its the same every time. If Islamic extremists do something bad? First the apologists come out and give reasons as to why they did what they did. And then the supporters come out and blame the victims. It’s a mental slippery slope to validate evil in the world. And yet few hold the perpetrators accountable fer their own actions....

 

I don’t get it.

 

IF you are a Christian and IF you are a patriot? Hold yer head high on both counts and don’t shrink into the shadows. Be proud!

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Wapaloosie73 said:

 

Ok, Sorry but I feel the need to address this.

 

What does being born a certain race and sexual immorality have in common? Nothing! If I was a black man I would take offense to this comparison.

 

In certain parts of the world a pastor preaching from the Bible about certain sins IS considered hate speech. It’s a crime. So what gives? Their version of social justice is that THEIR own immorality WILL be accepted or face the consequences. And it doesn’t end there! Now I must call any man that “identifies” as a woman.... a woman, or face being a bigot? Let’s check their DNA? So now not only must I toss my religious faith in the garbage can? But my logic and reason as well?

 

I don’t claim to be perfect, and I understand that not all Americans are Christians. But don’t push yer beliefs on me? And I won’t push my beliefs on you.... should be our motto. I believe all Americans are entitled to the bill of rights, and religion is a personal choice. A free society cannot exist the way it’s headed in which everyone’s failings become their axe to grind against their fellow human.

 

In MY religion Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed in fire and brimstone. And God’s loyal servant Lot had a wife named Sarah that did not follow God’s instructions to not look back and she did, and was turned into a pillar of salt. The basic tenet of God’s command to humans is to “Go forth, be fruitful and multiply”. Homosexuality and sexual deviance is a sin. Full stop. In order to repent for sin to God you must first admit that it IS a sin!

 

As far as equal soccer pay for women? Of course! But why is that Trumps fault? I think this has a lot more going on than just equal pay.

 

Its the same every time. If Islamic extremists do something bad? First the apologists come out and give reasons as to why they did what they did. And then the supporters come out and blame the victims. It’s a mental slippery slope to validate evil in the world. And yet few hold the perpetrators accountable fer their own actions....

 

I don’t get it.

 

IF you are a Christian and IF you are a patriot? Hold yer head high on both counts and don’t shrink into the shadows. Be proud!

 

A. I'm not a Christian. Anyone who has paid attention to me here knows that.

B. I do consider myself a "patriot," in that I have served in the military for the vast majority of my adult life and would fight for my country even today. Technically, I am in the "retired reserve," still subject to recall as I type this.

C. I won't speak to the transgender issue, because I simply don't know enough about it to speak in an informed manner. In regard to gays, to my understanding it is not a choice, and not immoral, except as an issue of someone's judgment based upon their faith.
D. I said I disagreed with the players not meeting with the President, and at no point placed blame upon him, for anything. Quite the opposite, I was critical of her.

E. You have never, nor will you ever see me be an apologist for Islamic extremism. I've deployed to fight it. I've lost one good friend as a result of it.

F. Since this has swung wildly to the political and religious, I suggest if you wish to have any more discussion on subject with me, it be done through private message.

Link to post
Share on other sites

FIFA, the world governing and organizing body, has their "Equal Game" program, seemingly promoting equal access to the game for all.

U.S. Soccer, the national governing and organizing body, actually seems to promote homosexuality.  They routinely dress both men's and women's national in what they call "Gay Pride" uniforms and host games (international friendlies) with gay pride themes.  This promotion of abhorrent lifestyles to the many children who play the sport and idolize national team players is beyond the pale.  This latest flap is just the tip of a very rotten iceberg.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DocWard said:

 

A. I'm not a Christian. Anyone who has paid attention to me here knows that.

B. I do consider myself a "patriot," in that I have served in the military for the vast majority of my adult life and would fight for my country even today. Technically, I am in the "retired reserve," still subject to recall as I type this.

C. I won't speak to the transgender issue, because I simply don't know enough about it to speak in an informed manner. In regard to gays, to my understanding it is not a choice, and not immoral, except as an issue of someone's judgment based upon their faith.
D. I said I disagreed with the players not meeting with the President, and at no point placed blame upon him, for anything. Quite the opposite, I was critical of her.

E. You have never, nor will you ever see me be an apologist for Islamic extremism. I've deployed to fight it. I've lost one good friend as a result of it.

F. Since this has swung wildly to the political and religious, I suggest if you wish to have any more discussion on subject with me, it be done through private message.

 

PM sent. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a lesbian, great girl! We have a lot in common!!:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn’t take much of a stretch of the imagination to figure this one out. She is looking to retire from soccer and found a great way to do it. She sees Kaepernick protest; grabs a knee. Hey Nike, don’t you need a woman to represent you. And all this right after the big win. She’s set for life!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.