Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LostVaquero

Henry Repeating is now making a side gate gun

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Cholla said:

I spoke with the Henry folks at the NRA show. They said they are waiting to see how the market responds before going to pistol calibers. I told them that if they would make a 1866/1873/1892 clone and kept it at the same price point they would capture the market.

 

This would be an instant buy for me - might even sell the kid :P ...or myself. :D 

 

GG ~ :FlagAm:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think that the rifle made for 2 1/2" cartridges would not be problem free when feed by 1 9/16" cartridges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it just me or does it not appear to still have a loading port in the bottom of the tube ??????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, watab kid said:

is it just me or does it not appear to still have a loading port in the bottom of the tube ??????

No it has a side gate and the ability to tube load.  HRAC advertises it as load in the tube top off as needed with side gate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a very handsome canoe paddle. Perhaps it could be used as a boat anchor.  I will never buy one.

 

STL Suomi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LostVaquero said:

No it has a side gate and the ability to tube load.  HRAC advertises it as load in the tube top off as needed with side gate.

 

Yup - and easier to unload the mag too. Nothing wrong with that. 

 

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, St. Louis Suomi SASS #31905 said:

It is a very handsome canoe paddle. Perhaps it could be used as a boat anchor.  I will never buy one.

 

STL Suomi

Please don’t hold back, tell us how you really feel!  And I bet you have never even shot one. But variety is what has made this game even better than back in the 90’s when everyone was telling those who listen that Marlins were the best and it would be insane to compete with anything else. Thank God and all the firearms companies didn’t listen to people with similar opinions to yours. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have several Henry 1860s. They are special rifles. I have Winchesters also and like them as well. Some on here are pretty closed minded and they are poorer for it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

I have several Henry 1860s. They are special rifles. I have Winchesters also and like them as well. Some on here are pretty closed minded and they are poorer for it. 

 

Agree on the close minded part. I personally wouldn't buy the Big Boy Model, as it is now; but won't bad mouth the company either.  I also know why some feel the way they do about Henry and somewhat agree with them.

 

 

 

Are they Henry made Henry 1860's? 44WCF? Regardless, would you want to trade one for a slicked up Chiappa 87?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

I have several Henry 1860s. They are special rifles. I have Winchesters also and like them as well. Some on here are pretty closed minded and they are poorer for it. 

Didja bring one to Chapman? I'll have mine. Looking forward to meeting ya this weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

 

Agree on the close minded part. I personally wouldn't buy the Big Boy Model, as it is now; but won't bad mouth the company either.  I also know why some feel the way they do about Henry and somewhat agree with them.

 

 

 

Are they Henry made Henry 1860's? 44WCF? Regardless, would you want to trade one for a slicked up Chiappa 87?

They are all made by Henry. One is 44-40. I might trade a 45 Colt one for the Chiapa. Not the 44-40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Didja bring one to Chapman? I'll have mine. Looking forward to meeting ya this weekend!

I did not bring one. Only so much I could fit in the truck. Wanted to..... 

look forward to meeting you too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 7:56 PM, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

Please don’t hold back, tell us how you really feel!  And I bet you have never even shot one. But variety is what has made this game even better than back in the 90’s when everyone was telling those who listen that Marlins were the best and it would be insane to compete with anything else. Thank God and all the firearms companies didn’t listen to people with similar opinions to yours. 

Oh My!!


Dear M..Nimble Fingers.  I sincerely apologize for bruising your feelings with my terse comments.  Had I known that you had that degree of sensitivity, I would have stated my comment thus "I think (the Henry whatever), looks like it is more suited for Marine duty (No, the E is not a typo).  Oh - I have played with Henry firearms - I am not particularly impressed with them.  
Yes, they are quite smooth in the levering.  But, most of them do appear to me as a sheep trying to disguise itself as a Giraffe.  They are related, but it is a real reach to try and visually say they look alike.  I apologize again, for my tardy response, but I was in College Station, TX to see the last formation my grandson will attend before his graduation and commissioning as a 2LT in the Infantry of the US ARMY. He will be the fifth generation to serve.  That, M..., is something I will bet you never did or you would not be put off by a direct unadorned answer.  JMHO.  SO, as I have been reared to do, I will end this conversation
on an upbeat note.  I love you and wish you happiness and success and that Our Lord  Jesus has your name in His Book of Life.

 

STL Suomi

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My!  This sure ended well.

 

Come, dahlin'.  Lets seek our entertainment elsewhere.

Edited by Marshal Hangtree
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on these responses I might be missing something but this seems pretty cool to me. I've never shot a centerfire Henry but I have a little .22lr carbine that is very smooth/reliable and is by far the most fun firearm I own. Every time I go shooting I throw it in the truck with whatever else I'm bringing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Double Pipe Classic said:

Based on these responses I might be missing something but this seems pretty cool to me. I've never shot a centerfire Henry but I have a little .22lr carbine that is very smooth/reliable and is by far the most fun firearm I own. Every time I go shooting I throw it in the truck with whatever else I'm bringing

Don’t be dismayed. STL Suomi is spouting off for some reason and he is entitled to his incorrect opinion. 

Henry makes some fine rifles. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rural King now has the new HRA side gate in .30-30 for $829.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henry makes a very good rifle.   My first SASS match I was told how bad it was By almost everybody that really makes a person want to come back.   As for the military service thing, What I found out in my 20 years inside the fence was help your children get a good education and have them stay out of the military.    And yes I would be sixth generation.  Just saying 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, St. Louis Suomi SASS #31905 said:

Oh My!!


Dear M..Nimble Fingers.  I sincerely apologize for bruising your feelings with my terse comments.  Had I known that you had that degree of sensitivity, I would have stated my comment thus "I think (the Henry whatever), looks like it is more suited for Marine duty (No, the E is not a typo).  Oh - I have played with Henry firearms - I am not particularly impressed with them.  
Yes, they are quite smooth in the levering.  But, most of them do appear to me as a sheep trying to disguise itself as a Giraffe.  They are related, but it is a real reach to try and visually say they look alike.  I apologize again, for my tardy response, but I was in College Station, TX to see the last formation my grandson will attend before his graduation and commissioning as a 2LT in the Infantry of the US ARMY. He will be the fifth generation to serve.  That, M..., is something I will bet you never did or you would not be put off by a direct unadorned answer.  JMHO.  SO, as I have been reared to do, I will end this conversation
on an upbeat note.  I love you and wish you happiness and success and that Our Lord  Jesus has your name in His Book of Life.

 

STL Suomi

You didn’t hurt my feelings, I don’t own one, but you might have someone else who does, not sure, but why take the chance?  But at least you are not a “poser”, you actually have shot one and are entitled to a more “cordial” opinion possibly?  But hey what do I know, I was raised not to say  anything that might be mean and hurt someone. Saying something more along the lines that in your opinion you find no value in them but to each his own is a kinder, gentler way instead of calling someone else’s rifle a canoe paddle?  

And thank you for all those kind blessings and telling me that Jesus has me in his book. Glad you are aware of all that and can tell us our status. But between you and me I am still working on staying in His good graces.

 It sure why anyone on this forum feels the need to criticize others’ equipment but it happens still and I would like to suggest it doesn’t have to be. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.