Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Really Irked Momma Bear


Subdeacon Joe

Recommended Posts

She pretty well peeled that tree.  I'd been told for years that a grizzly can't climb a tree.  Up at Yellowstone in 1962 I saw that theory torn apart.  Mamma slapped her cub and sent him up a pine, then she followed him up until the tree got so slim it wouldn't let her go any higher.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I just learned that my climbing abilities would not do me much good if I am ever chased by a bear...

 

I had no idea they could climb like that.

Or run that fast...Was told once they can do 35 miles an hour on level ground, downhill or uphill...Watching her run, tells me I might not even have time for my last words...Just bend over and                goodbye....

 

Texas Lizard

Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap! I'm totally impressed how fast they got up that skinny tree. I'm thinking the theory of climbing a tree if chased is pure BS! That was incredible. I'm food if I get chased:P. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Holy crap! I'm totally impressed how fast they got up that skinny tree. I'm thinking the theory of climbing a tree if chased is pure BS! That was incredible. I'm food if I get chased:P. Thanks

 

Eyesa,

and that is exactly why you go into the woods with someone who is slower than you..... or carry atleast ONE round

to shot em in the leg..... :lol:

 

..........Widder

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

 

Eyesa,

and that is exactly why you go into the woods with someone who is slower than you..... or carry atleast ONE round

to shot em in the leg..... :lol:

 

..........Widder

 

+10 :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing! Thank you for the continuing education, Joe.

 

After caring for a mama cat and her kittens, I know that protective instinct is strong in critters. I have two 15 pound cats and mama weighed about 8 pounds.  When we let her and the kittens into the main part of the house the 15 pounders (one male and one female) would run for cover and mama would chase them.

 

I don't know if you can tell how small Mama was in this photo; but she was small and so were (are) her babies. Also, here is a photo of one of my 15 pounders with the two babies we got to keep.

 

Sorry, I just can't help showing kitty photos. :wub: 

07202018-17.JPG

December2018-07Kittens.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Amazing! Thank you for the continuing education, Joe.

 

After caring for a mama cat and her kittens, I know that protective instinct is strong in critters. I have two 15 pound cats and mama weighed about 8 pounds.  When we let her and the kittens into the main part of the house the 15 pounders (one male and one female) would run for cover and mama would chase them.

 

I don't know if you can tell how small Mama was in this photo; but she was small and so were (are) her babies. Also, here is a photo of one of my 15 pounders with the two babies we got to keep.

 

Sorry, I just can't help showing kitty photos. :wub: 

07202018-17.JPG

December2018-07Kittens.JPG

someone eats well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep! The Vet says both of the big cats need to loose weight. Unfortunately, they don't listen. This one must be sedated when he goes to the vet so he remembers nothing. If the other big kitty didn't pig out, we'd never see her, except when she wants to be brushed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

 

Eyesa,

and that is exactly why you go into the woods with someone who is slower than you..... or carry atleast ONE round

to shot em in the leg..... :lol:

 

..........Widder

 

That's why I got invited to Canada! Huh. Thought it was my charming personality.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.