SASS Wire Forum

Gun safe combination change

All you need is the right change key and easy-to find instructions.  Not hard at all.  Pm me your phone number and I can walk you through it.

J. Mark, when I lived in Huntsville, I had a locksmith come to my home, clean the safe's dial lock and change the combination.  If I remember right, it was about $30.

Local locksmith charged me $25 to change the lock on a used safe I bought.  If you haul it by their shop on the way home, might be cheaper.

Price is usually very reasonable and they can service the lock while they are there. 

As stated not that hard to change with the proper change key. Be sure to test the new combination several times BEFORE you close the door.

J Mark    I had the mechanism fall apart on my small safe last year. Fortunately I had the door open . I took the inside of the door off and the mechanism is not at all complex, just inaccessible when closed. i fixed it easily in a short time. I cant imagine changing the combination numbers would be too difficult.

Imis

2 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

J. Mark, when I lived in Huntsville, I had a locksmith come to my home, clean the safe's dial lock and change the combination.  If I remember right, it was about $30.

Why tell everyone that your combination is:  "about $30".

Couldn't you think of anything simpler?

;)

..........Widder

I have a Zannotti safe (custom made in CO) that started acting funky when closing the dial; called them and they mailed me a tool w/instructions to fix/change the combo. Worked fine. Call the safe manufacturer and explain the matter. They will send you the change tool.

Church Key

6 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Thank you all!  I figured the collective knowledge here was up to the challenge.

You may now return to the Father Kit "Cool Gun" Garth show ~)

PLZ-let us hear the outcome.

OLG

Archived