SASS Wire Forum

What's with all the ROA's for sale?

Three Foot Johnson

Perhaps people no longer shoot Plainsman? Perhaps Wild Bunch is a more popular thing to do in addition to or besides regular matches? Or maybe it’s just coincidence...

Folks want other toys. If I could get paid for a couple of WW jobs I’d be buying some ROA’s.

Just a WAG on my part here, but it seems a lot of folks start out using them at first when they get the cap gun itch because they are the most reliable version out there. After the bug starts to bite harder, they decide to go the more authentic route and get guns that actually represent something that did exist in the old west. Others find out that the cap gun game isn't for them. It's not really any different than any other guns we use for this game. People's taste, needs, and how they play the game changes. What's great is that so many of the toys we used get passed around like this rather than languishing in the back of a safe somewhere.

There's a pair there for sale.

(edit) Oops, no there's not - looks like he sold them. But there are two others in two separate listings. All it takes is money. ;)

I bought a pair of 5 1/2"ers ten years ago on here, and didn't like them at all. The short barrels just didn't balance right for me. Sold 'em here 3 months later.

I thought about it but decided cap guns are way too much trouble.  You spend all your time sitting at the unloading table, taking them apart, cleaning and reloading the pistols so you can shoot the next stage.   You need a whole sack of stuff to reload them too.

Archived