SASS Wire Forum

To shoot?

evil dogooder

So I've a long barreled 97 just gathering dust.  I haven't shot it for 2 main reasons. I have other short barreled 97s and I'm not a fan of 97s. Plus it's really old. 

Now do I sell it or shoot it? I'm not going to cut it down if I shoot it.

Does it have any sentimental value to you? If so I'd save it for your kids, if not you could always shoot it in cowboy trap or use it to fund another project. My take on 97's is as SASS wanes so will the prices of original 97's.

Nope Bob it's just another gun.  I'm thinking of selling or trading it for a 3gun toy

Tyrell I am not to sure yet. I made a deal with a guy at work that I would shoot 3gun with him this summer if he shot sass with me. 

I'm going to use one of my short barreled 97s. I don't own a 9mm anymore so I'll probably try to trade it for something along those lines

Sell it or trade it.  If you wanted to shoot it you would have.  

There is no shame in giving someone else the opportunity to own a fine old gun.

5 hours ago, evil dogooder said:

So I've a long barreled 97 just gathering dust.  I haven't shot it for 2 main reasons. I have other short barreled 97s and I'm not a fan of 97s. Plus it's really old. 

Now do I sell it or shoot it? I'm not going to cut it down if I shoot it.

Your a gunfighter, you need 2 barrels ready not one

Try the gun at gunsmoke 

Billy I'm just not a 97 fan. I shoot them too slow...or is that why you want me to shoot it at gunsmoke :P

EVIL:

if you think you are slow, you're gonna be slow.

BUT, you could turn that extra 97 into a dry fire practice SG and before you know it, you'll be telling yourself that you are fast....... and you will be fast.

Its just another option to consider.

..........Widder

Having seen you shoot on a couple of videos, you look pretty fast to me.  That said, the thing to do with the long barreled 97 is to practice with it for about a week until you’re really fast with 97’s (young guys can do that.).  Then shoot it in a few matches, extolling the virtues of long barrels for plain, raw speed.  When you’ve convinced everyone, you can then sell it for a huge profit and go back to your double!

Cypress.   But then I'd have to practice.... with a 97.....   that's two bad things.  :D

To be fair I can hold my own with a 97.  I've won a few speed matches with one. I'm just faster with a double

15 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

How much? (not for me I know someone who is looking)

Sent you a pm sir

Archived