SASS Wire Forum

Mail box monster

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:02 AM, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

So years ago I had a bunch of the curved lanscape stones I used as a border around a tree.  I removed the border and reused the stoned to build a unique mailbox.  Worked great for years and then I replaced the metal box portion after it was injured due to an assault by what may have been a baseball bat.

Fast forward til now and for the last few months I have had holes in my mail some days.  looks like something is eating holes through the mail.  Some will be perfectly round and others are oval  or more extended.  No clue what it is, but something is eating my mail!

Well I didn't really care, most of the mail is junk, but last week I got a check and it was eaten through the numbers. . . .

A partial tube of silicone to seal all the holes and the beasty is now unable to reach my mail.

Thought it was weird enough to share with you all.

Change over to cash and carry. 

5 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Well that might solve the riddle, but the thread would run out.

Not at all we would just take it off on a tangent about cameras....or mailboxes.:D

IMG_0665.JPG

The only people who eat lutefisk are of Scandinavian descent living in the US.  They don't eat it in the Nordic countries anymore.  It is a big deal at Sitten de Mai to have lutefisk, lefse and some other undescribable foods.  Lefse is great with a little butter and cinnamon sugar.  Think of it as a Nordic tortilla but made from potatoes.  Typically 12" in diameter, cut into quarters.  Why they don't make them smaller to begin with is beyond me but hey, I'm Scandinavian. I never got learned.

I still have cousins in Norway and asked one if he ate lutefisk.  He looked at me with a disgusted look and said, "I don't eat poisoned fish."  It seems like the natives all got smarter and sent the dumb ones to the US.  Ya hey?

I have to look up hakarl but from the other replies, I don't think I'm going to like it.

Saw this on TV

Amos and his son Karl-Frederik catch the largest Greenland Shark they've ever landed and pull it up 800 metres through a hole in the ice before feeding it to their hungry dogs.

From the BBC Earth website

However, fishing seems unlikely to pose a major threat to the sharks. For one thing their meat is toxic, because it is rife with unsavory organic contaminants. So Greenland sharks are not regarded as a good dining option. In 1968, a group of sled dogs was fed Greenland shark flesh. Reportedly they were left walking stiffly, hyper-salivating and vomiting - not to mention having muscular convulsions, respiratory distress, and explosive diarrhoea. Some died.

Someone's facts don't add up.

Archived