SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN

YOU'VE BEEN CALLED....

Are You Tough Enough To Accept The Challenge?

This year in conjunction with the Kansas State Championship, September 28th - 30th,  I am calling out all Classic Cowboys and Cowgirls across the country!  That is right a challenge for a showdown on the streets of Butterfield Gulch has been issued!  Do You Accept?

It takes a certain person to shoot the Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl category, with all the clothing, firearm, caliber, and such requirements... it truly takes dedication.   I have shot with many great folks in a few surrounding states that are great examples of Classic Cowboys/Cowgirls.  But I want to shoot with MORE OF YOU FINE FOLKS AND BATTLE IT OUT WITH A BIG GROUP OF CLASSIC SHOOTERS!  So come on...  accept the challenge and sign up for the 2017 Kansas State Cowboy Action Shooting Championship.  All you have to do is sign up as either Classic Cowboy Or Classic Cowgirl to be entered in the SHOWDOWN.   If you have ever wanted to give the category a try now is your chance, and learn some things from those that have been shooting it for a while.

I will be putting up a custom buckle for the event if we can get at least eight (Classic Cowboy) shooters signed up for it (Five Classic Cowgirls for a Buckle).. and possibly some other awards TBD.

Below is the link for the entry.... http://butterfieldgulch.com/2017 Entry form Revised.pdf

(All Shooters are encouraged to attend the Kansas State Match.. but I am just picking a fight with the Classics :ph34r:... all in good fun of course :P)

SO COME ON LETS HAVE SOME FUN

** MAJOR ART TILLERY **

**Update 8-4-17**

Buckle I am putting up for top classic shooter in the "Showdown"

Who's coming list:  (6-29-17)

- Major Art Tillery

- Dantankerous

- Stirrup Trouble

- Chili Pepper Kid

- Travel'n Travis

- High Plains Hud

- Cowtown Scout

IMG_20170804_221244.jpg

**Update 9-4-17**

Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl super Friday night September 29th in Abilene, Kansas at historic Brookville hotel!  http://www.brookvillehotel.com/

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I am sooooooo in this!!!!!

I am new to classic cowboy, so no danger of me winning that fancy buckle, but count me in...YEEHAW!!!

Sounds like a great time, but I'll be at Comin'at'Cha that particular weekend! Y'all have fun!

8 hours ago, T-Bone SASS #36388 said:

I would take Ya up on this opportunity  to compete but the weekend is the same as Comin At Cha. I live on the shooting range of the Bar 3,,,, so I better be there. Thanks again for the invite. T-Bone Dooley

I completely understand.  I have shot at your Range, great place you got there T-bone, and you put on one heck of a GOOD TIME!  

8 hours ago, Marie Laveau said:

And I'll be at Comin at Cha!  Sorry Major, but I will be in Nebraska in October. 

No worries, will see you folks in Nebraska... And we will just have some fun at that one!:D

16 hours ago, The Tonic Kid, SASS #70340 said:

Sounds like a great time, but I'll be at Comin'at'Cha that particular weekend! Y'all have fun!

Would have been good to have you shoot with us Tonic, but I completely understand.  Who knows maybe we can do something next year.  Take care and best of luck at Comin' at Cha

It is too early in the year or I might try and make it on my way east but that's not till a month later.  Plus iirc that close to the comin back at cha match.

On 5/19/2017 at 8:57 PM, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

Wish I could be there, but it's just too dang far away!

8 hours ago, Boothill Bandit, SASS# 48598 said:

I'd pick you up on the way through but it is a fer piece to travel. 

Come on down fellas it will be a hoot!  Kansas is the best central location there is for a meeting of the classics. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Come on down fellas it will be a hoot!  Kansas is the best central location there is for a meeting of the classics. :rolleyes:

We'll just have to settle for Winter Range.  Although it'd make a good excuse to see the Grandkids.

On 5/21/2017 at 6:50 PM, Boothill Bandit, SASS# 48598 said:

We'll just have to settle for Winter Range.  Although it'd make a good excuse to see the Grandkids.

I hope to make either Winter Range or End Of Trail next year for the first time... So maybe run into you down the trail.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to shooting classic with you again Chili Pepper

12 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Chili... You wanna come on down to Kansas and play?   

You bet sounds like fun!!

Sorry Major, going to shoot Comin at Cha. Sounds like fun, maybe next time.

Ghost

7 hours ago, Ghost, SASS #50125 said:

Sorry Major, going to shoot Comin at Cha. Sounds like fun, maybe next time.

Ghost

No problem, just kinda happened that our State Match was the same day as Coming at Cha.  He puts on a heck of a match... I hope to make it back there myself someday.

Who knows if I get enough interest, maybe I will do something next year too... Different date of course.:ph34r:

On 6/6/2017 at 8:16 PM, Bittertrigger said:

Major you pick another date next year and I would interested 

If I can get enough interest in it for next year, I sure would approach the club about hosting it again on a different date.

So let me know if that interest any folks and I will start a list of who would possibly come next year for it as well if the date was changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Major since I'm not going to Comin At Cha I'll come to Kansas and represent the Texas Classic Cowboys. Just got approval of my vacation time today! Will send in my entry by next week. Please add me to the list. Would like to posse with you and other CC.

Scout

2 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Major since I'm not going to Comin At Cha I'll come to Kansas and represent the Texas Classic Cowboys. Just got approval of my vacation time today! Will send in my entry by next week. Please add me to the list. Would like to posse with you and other CC.

Scout

Scout,

That is great to hear!! It will be great to have you come join us!  Just ask to be on my posse pard!  This is going to be fun... Sure hope I can get lots more folks to join us!  If you have any questions or such just drop me an email at majorarttillery@gmail.com

OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW!!

GREAT NEWS, BUTTERFIELD GULCH JUST RECENTLY ORDERED 16 BRAND NEW SHOTGUN KNOCKDOWN TARGETS!  THEY WILL ARRIVE JUST IN TIME FOR THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP & CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN!

That is good news. 

Can't wait to blast 'em!

:D

I'm thinking both. Just for something different.

Archived