SASS Wire Forum

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd suggest a Coyote Cap model. 

Blackwater Bruce uses a Chiappa and it is very nice but does have a different feel to it than the Chinese 87 does. The Chiappa is also much more prepossessing to gaze upon than the Chinese 87.

Either way, you'll love it and hate it. 

Bump for more

CLASSIC COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya'll come and watch Major shoot his new Walkers! Uh... right,  Major?

On 7/5/2017 at 8:10 PM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Received my entry confirmation today!! 

Alright!!!  It will be good Shooting with you pard.  Glad your coming up to play for a few days!

Major

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Howdy, Major:

We are trying to get your match worked into the fall busy schedule.

No promises yet.  Be we're going to try.

Mustang & Calamity Jo

19 hours ago, Mustang Gregg said:

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Howdy, Major:

We are trying to get your match worked into the fall busy schedule.

No promises yet.  Be we're going to try.

Mustang & Calamity Jo

Hope you folks can make the trip!

15 hours ago, High Plains Hud SASS#64232 said:

Dan did you say Majors going to be shooting Walkers!!!:D

Now wouldn't that be cool! I may try to buy a set for next BP Match! B) 

And bring the boom! :rolleyes:

He's been wanting to pair for a while and I certainly encourage him to buy a set if nothing but to have them and rip the place up with loads of black powder.

If he gets those I probably won't be far behind with a pair of Dragoons.

Walkers are the quintessential Josey Wales category gun anyway and he done talked to me into shooting that category in Nebraska.

16 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

He's been wanting to pair for a while and I certainly encourage him to buy a set if nothing but to have them and rip the place up with loads of black powder.

If he gets those I probably won't be far behind with a pair of Dragoons.

Walkers are the quintessential Josey Wales category gun anyway and he done talked to me into shooting that category in Nebraska.

Nobody would want to posse with us big brother, if we start shooting Walkers and Dragoons!  :lol:. Could you imagine the smoke and fire! NOW THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING!  HECK I'M GAME!

We'll just have to have a CCFCGFJW only posse!

4 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Nobody would want to posse with us big brother, if we start shooting Walkers and Dragoons!  :lol:. Could you imagine the smoke and fire! NOW THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING!  HECK I'M GAME!

I would be there with you guys!

You just like seeing Major spend all my money. :o

That's what them little vs big brother competitions is all about, I guess.  

You don't really want to spot for this mess, do you Stirrup? Need some ibuprofen yet? :D

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

You just like seeing Major spend all my money. :o

That's what them little vs big brother competitions is all about, I guess.  

You don't really want to spot for this mess, do you Stirrup? Need some ibuprofen yet? :D

The three amigos!

Little brother, yer Ned Nedalender.

:P

5 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Ned?... Well at least he was fast with a gun..:P

And charming as all getup! ^_^ 

Plus, if memory serves, he used a Walker in one scene and yer the one what wants Walkers! :P

I got the Winners Buckle ordered!!! It should look awesome!  Will post a picture once it is completed and shipped to me!  More info to come.. stay tuned!

And hey all you Classic Cowboys/Cowgirls get signed up.. you don't wanna miss this.  Or heck sign up for the category for the first time and give it a go... It is a hoot!  I will be happy to help you out in anyway if you want to give Classic a try... Feel free to contact me! majorarttillery@gmail.com

Page 5...this just won't do. Giddy up back to the top.

I got my confirmation!!

Flint Hills Dawg is laying in a supply of Bulliet ta keep me loosened up. It's rumatiz medicine fer my knee doanchaknow!

12 hours ago, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

Page 5...this just won't do. Giddy up back to the top.

I got my confirmation!!

Flint Hills Dawg is laying in a supply of Bulliet ta keep me loosened up. It's rumatiz medicine fer my knee doanchaknow!

Chili, it going to be great to see you again!

All you Classics should go into town in full gear and walk down the middle of the street shoulder to shoulder!  That would make an awesome picture.  Just make sure the picture gets taken before the swat team gets there :D

1 minute ago, Grizzly Dave said:

All you Classics should go into town in full gear and walk down the middle of the street shoulder to shoulder!  That would make an awesome picture.  Just make sure the picture gets taken before the swat team gets there :D

There is Old Abilene Town for a backdrop

3 hours ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Hmm that would be cool!

WANT MORE TRIGGER TIME?

Stay an extra day (Sunday October 1st) when you come down for the big match at Butterfield Gulch September 28-30th.

Since the Championship/Showdown is being held Thursday - Saturday this year... We are offering all those that attend to shoot again Sunday (just for fun of course) at no extra cost to you!

So bring some more ammo and join us Sunday for more great Cowboy Action Shooting!!  If you don't have to head on down the trail before then of course. 

Major Art Tillery

Back up to the top... Sure hope more classics can join us yet this year!  

First year for this.. so if you like the idea please let me know.  Maybe it is something I can continue down the road if there is enough interest!  

Hey Major

Check out pages 11 and 19 in the Chronicle that just came out today. :D Really looking forward to this trip to shoot with yall.

Scout

26 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Hey Major

Check out pages 11 and 19 in the Chronicle that just came out today. :D Really looking forward to this trip to shoot with yall.

Scout

Well done sir!  Well done!  It will be great having you coming up north to join us!  Working hard to make sure everything is ready to go.  Is it time to shoot yet? :P

2 hours ago, Red Rider Rudy said:

So is this going to be a Classic Cowboy Posse?   There's some of us thinking about coming.

You put on there to Posse with me and Dantankerous... Do our best to accommodate.   

An all Classic Posse would be sweet, but it can be tricky to accomplish sometimes.

I hope to get a group picture of all the classics that attend sometime during the few days of shooting.

Archived