SASS Wire Forum

Rifle sights: A better mousetrap

Manatee

2a7aqfd.jpg

All good things must come to an end. In most circumstances, that which follows isn't as good as the thing it replaces. But, in this case, TL Miller of Cowboys & Indians has created a great follow-on product that has a few improvements over the Grabber sight that I've been building for 11 or 12 years.

The beads are exchangeable. So, for certain matches, a 130 bead will be best for the target distances. In other matches, a larger 175 bead might be appropriate. Since the sight is now built with a threaded bead socket, you can change your bead size as conditions dictate. It will also be easier to polish the beads on a buffer when corrosion sets in.

The base has a set screw, so installation ought to be quite a bit easier as well. No more filing and tapping.

So, to you you folks who bought Grabber sights over the years, I owe you my thanks. And to TL Miller, I give my hearty congratulations. You have built a better mousetrap.

Manatee:

Thanks so much for producing Grabbers over the years.

Most of my rifles wear them, and a few Henry rifles wear custom Grabbers that you made for me.

I appreciate all the work to help us all shoot better.

Hope to see ya on the range.

Take care.

--Dawg

Well Manatee. Sure was happy I bought 2 of your sites, now that I finally picked up a backup rifle. Thanks GW

My first GRABBER site was put on my Marlin by the Manatee hisowndangself while I was at the KY State shoot about 9 years ago.

It really helped me.

Thanks for sharing this info Manatee and its good to see you on The Wire.

..........Widder

Manatee you re still going to make the grabber sight I'm afraid the new ones will back off and get lost yours are there to stay.

Yeah, I'll still make the sights for the folks who prefer the Marbles profile (although now I only build a dozen or so per month). I just thought everyone should be aware of TL's new sight. It's a good one, but some people like redheads, some people like blondes......

And Lizard? No, I ain't dead yet. You need to put a few more pins in that voodoo doll. :)

Yeah, I'll still make the sights for the folks who prefer the Marbles profile (although now I only build a dozen or so per month). I just thought everyone should be aware of TL's new sight. It's a good one, but some people like redheads, some people like blondes......

And Lizard? No, I ain't dead yet. You need to put a few more pins in that voodoo doll. :)

Sorry, ran out of pins...Thinking of nails, at least we can use them to nail the box lid down...If your memory is any good, I bought a pair of Rugers from you...You said you got them from Deuce...Your sights look good, I might have to improve what I have now...Could be good for my mature eyes...

Texas Lizard

• 3 months later...

Boris,

My son is still shooting your Colt!

Best regards,

Ethan

Hey boys! I got a sight order today, so I came snoopin' around the forums and found that this thread was still going.

Ethan: That's a fine 2nd Gen revolver. I'm glad he's still bangin' steel with it.

Mike: You never know when the planets might align and me and the missus might be out your way. Just binge-watched 5 seasons of Grimm and I got a hankerin' to go kill bad Wesen in Portland and if I'm out that far......

Anyway, have a happy holiday everyone. Hope to see you on the trail!

Hey boys! I got a sight order today, so I came snoopin' around the forums and found that this thread was still going.

Ethan: That's a fine 2nd Gen revolver. I'm glad he's still bangin' steel with it.

Mike: You never know when the planets might align and me and the missus might be out your way. Just binge-watched 5 seasons of Grimm and I got a hankerin' to go kill bad Wesen in Portland and if I'm out that far......

Anyway, have a happy holiday everyone. Hope to see you on the trail!

BTW - Much improvement on the avatar :P

CR

Archived