SASS Wire Forum

Looking for Winter Range Hotel information

Back 40 #23910 L

Having never been to Winter Range, I'm looking for hotel information from those that have. I see the WR website has several to offer but can someone advise which is best. Looking for something cheap to mid priced that will accommodate 3 shooters. Nothing fancy, just a roof over our head.

Thanks in advance!

Sent you a PM and MM is correct, especially for those motels with poor reviews.

bb

I get on Hotwire.com and find hotels on the north end of Phoenix. So far I've had pretty good luck and you can pick how much you want to spend. I try to pick a 3 or 4 star then you know it's a decent hotel.Hope to see you there and with any luck we might be on the same possee.

Al

We have always had good luck with Red Roof.

15 minutes to the range and just enough off the freeway to be quiet.

40, we've stayed at the Extended Stay and Studio 6 and never had any problems.

We're booked at the Extended Stay this year and you get a self contained unit with full kitchen facilities.

A family unit would be good if there's 3 of ya.

Studio 6 is clean, mini kitchen, safe parking and a fraction of the price for a room

Scratch

Just changed my reservation to Studio 6 from Extended stay, cheaper too.

They still have rooms available for the WR dates, rooms are all renovated and clean, we stayed there this year and had no problems, ground floor room, park outside the door.

I'm staying at Extended stay, stayed last year same place, coffee maker, range, microwave, table for gun cleaning etc. about 15-20 min. from Ben Avery and plenty of restaurants close by. went through Travelocity and got it for $180 for 4 nights

Rafe

The gang-types KNOW when the large matches are being held and they'll prowl in groups of 2-5 of them, cruising nearby hotels looking at likely target vehicles to break into. SASS stickers or any political stuff stuck to your vehicle makes it a target. Keep your truck box empty, moving the stuff into your room. Obviously, they're looking for weapons, ammo, tools, clothing, misc. gear and other valuables....anything portable they can steal. Don't drink too much and get too tired to empty the vehicle into your room every single time. DON'T allow the housekeepers to go into your room during your stay unless you are in the room with them. Put a sign on your door to keep out. Keep your weapons and cases covered with blankets or tarps at all times, even inside your room. Refresh your linen and supplies yourself from their carts outside, or go to the office to get them Get extra towels and supplies from the housekeepers, and tip them generously (it really is best to not mess with the office). Stay alert and report suspicious activity to the police and the hotel office immediately. Don't let your women exit the room alone at night, even if they're just going to the car. Do not "go after" anyone, anytime, especially with a weapon. But, you have to decide all the previous yourself, to whatever level suits you.

My wife and I have used the Extended Stay. The kitchen is useful and there is plenty of room for carts and guns. You don't get daily maid service and that improves security. However, I am concerned about the number of recent, negative reviews for this property. I'm not going to WR this year and will check the reviews next year before booking.

I take reviews with a grain of salt. Some for the Red Roof were supposedly for dates when I was staying there for WR, and I sure didn't see what they were complaining about.

I did just book the Studio 6, it will save me almost 200 bucks over the red roof, though will be harder to get on and off the highway. With the wife still out of work it will be pushing it to just go so every penny helps.

Hampton Inn in Anthem is very close. Less than 10 minutes (I do it in 7) from 1st gate into BA. Little off the beaten path, less crime, more like a small town even though it's so close to Phoenix. The main part of the town is on the other side of the freeway from the hotel, straight shot on over pass and there's great place to eat called Legends in the Safeway shopping center along with Mexican, Thai and the best donut shop in the world. Walmart and the outlet mall on same side as hotel in case you need to shop for something.

Archived